By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Cowboy Bebop

Ghost in The Shell series

DO NOT EVER WATCH

Melancholy of Haruhi

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

Claymore, Samurai 7, Bleach, Basilisk. Go to animefreak.tv to watch anime for free.

Mr Khan said:

Also Queen's Blade (flees).

i'd say watch Bible Black instead atleast the english dub is hilariously bad.

Vampire Hunter D isn't incredibly bad either.

I'm very sure you will like Gantz

Around the Network
Severance said:

Cowboy Bebop

DO REMEMBER TO WATCH

Melancholy of Haruhi

Fixed. How you could mix up two words that bad is beyond me though :)

Jalocin said:
Severance said:

Cowboy Bebop

DO REMEMBER TO WATCH

Melancholy of Haruhi

do you want to torture the guy?

if you are talking about movies as well , then watch all Ghibli movies for your own sake.

Severance said:
Jalocin said:
Severance said:

Cowboy Bebop

DO REMEMBER TO WATCH

Melancholy of Haruhi

do you want to torture the guy?

if you are talking about movies as well , then watch all Ghibli movies for your own sake.

Well it might not fit with his preferences I'll give you that but it's widely popular for a reason =)

(that said it's by no means my favorite anime but it got it's charm)

Severance said:
Mr Khan said:

Also Queen's Blade (flees).

i'd say watch Bible Black instead atleast the english dub is hilariously bad.

Maybe that's why Bible Black got so popular? There are certainly way better hentai series out there, at least to my opinion.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I highly recommend the following that should be to your liking.

Gantz, 26 episodes, extremely graphic, extremely cerebral. This is basically in the same vein as Elfen Lied on the gore side of the equation, and very cerebral like Death Note. Seriously very hardcore series. Not to be watched lightly.

Now and Then Here and There, 13 episodes, fairly bleak, but also fairly cerebral. Not so much real world, but more along the lines of post apocalyptic.

RahXephon, 26 episodes, Imagine a mix between the Matrix, and the Truman Show oh with giant monsters. Kind of a middle of the road kind of series, but it has good action, and character development.

Haibane Renmei, 13 episodes, A very cerebral series, but not very action motivated. That said it does catch you and hold hard. Especially once you start putting the pieces together.

Kino's Journey, 13 episodes, basically observations of humanity through the eyes of a traveler.

Speed Grapher, 24 episodes, a pretty gritty series with a lot of debasing of the human condition.

Texhnolyze, 22 episodes, oh dear god this one is dark, and if it screws you up don't come whining to me I warned you well in advance. This is a very depressing series.

Kaze no Yojimbo, 25 episodes, I rather enjoyed this one its just a simple murder mystery with a likable protagonist, can be a good change of pace. Basically takes place in a town with a dark secret, and ever changing alliances.

Gunslinger Girl, 13 episodes, A totally real world like series. Except that a government turns orphans into assassins for the state.

The Twelve Kingdons, 45 episodes, Not necessarily close to a real world, but instead incredibly details a alternate world. This one is a fairly good series if you want to go a little deeper into fantasy.

Feel free to send me a message if you found this list useful, and if you find your tastes are changing. I can give you other lists accordingly. I think if you go through these you will probably be satisfied for quite some time. Hell you will most likely need some light hearted series to restore your sanity.