By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who here is pumped about Move and eager to get it?

price and support are factors for me, so I'll be sitting on the side lines for awhile, just like I did with the Wii.

Around the Network

Not so much pumped, but Sorcery really sold it for me. Until I saw Sorcery and just knew this game would really appeal to one of my sons I was a 70% likely. Now I'm 100% gonna get Move, I just haven't decided whether I'll get it before, or when Sorcery releases. I guess we only NEED to buy 1 Move controller because we already have the PSEye, and a DS3 can be used in place of a Nav

My niece and nephew are buying a PS3 soon, and I've promised I'd buy (partly) them the Move for my niece's birthday which is October. I hope there's a good non-Wii clone minigame game for Move available in October. Will LBP2 be out by then?

So within my extended family that's 1 PS3 and 1 (maybe 2) Move set ups for 2010.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I always thought that a motion control sword fighting game would be awesome, but there were small chances to get that on a PC with mouse control. Finally I got to play Die by the  Sword, but it didn't work too well, yet it was interesting.

Now we have the Wii ( which I didn't get because it didn't appeal to me, although the motion control thing did/does), the PS Move soon, and the MS thing, so it's clear that motion control is here to stay. It's not about the craze anymore, it's almost status quo. Good. It's better to aim with the Wiimote in RE4 than with the  SIXAXIS in RE5. Much, much, MUCH better. 

So I would buy 2 Move controllers, already have teh camera and am interested in RE5, the sports game for the gladiator thing mainly, Sorcery, although I would like gesture control for casting the spells more. Expecting future shooters, (SOCOM not so much, I don't like present day violence, it needs to be past or future or twisted), sword fighters (yes, Star Wars), and all the things that require a mouse like control and are on the PC. 

I have a Wii already and I'm not paying $130 for the Sony Move.

Kage848 said:

You dont have a Ds3?

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

Around the Network
JamaicameCRAZY said:
Kage848 said:

You dont have a Ds3?

Sorry to sounds like a noob but whats a ds3? lol

Kage848 said:
JamaicameCRAZY said:
Kage848 said:

You dont have a Ds3?

the normal controller for the ps3 you do not need the nav controller. and as for the wii does it do augmented reality, voice recognition, head tracking, face recognition, object recognition. the move isn't just the controller is got camera based sensors as well just like Kinect.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

9009pc said:
Kage848 said:
JamaicameCRAZY said:
Kage848 said:

You dont have a Ds3?

the normal controller for the ps3 you do not need the nav controller. and as for the wii does it do augmented reality, voice recognition, head tracking, face recognition, object recognition. the move isn't just the controller is got camera based sensors as well just like Kinect.

Oh yea the ps3 controller can be used. I was told that but i would never want to use it in that way to be honest.

Yea idk what all the stuff is you said up there but i saw non of it in the games i watched. Do me a fav and link me some vid's if you can. As of what i have seen Sorcery was the only thing even remotely interesting and its not worth $130.

On thing I do like about Move is i want to see it in 3rd person games. RE4 was great and RE5 will be cool as well. Also I love Infamous but I think the Move would help that game a lot too eventhough I dont think there going to use it.

Another fact may be, although im not sure of it, is i might be getting tired of motion controlls. The last Wii game I have played was MHT and I LOVE IT! No motion controls. Hmmmm idk.

I guess the main problem with Move for me is the price atm. My Wii $250 came with the controllers. I didnt own a WIi and then have to spend $130 for the Motion controlls thats all.

And Move wont sell to the casuals at that price, or the $400 system. If the casuals dont buy it it will fail. You hardcore PS3 fans wont be enough and some of you wont want it anyways.

Time will tell.

At the moment the killzone 3 support is the most interesting thing I've seen on it so far....and it's not enogh to make what to spend 100$....also I won't have time time to play it, there are too many interesting games coming out in the next months...

Kage848 said:
9009pc said:
Kage848 said:
JamaicameCRAZY said:
Kage848 said:

You dont have a Ds3?

Oh yea the ps3 controller can be used. I was told that but i would never want to use it in that way to be honest.

Yea idk what all the stuff is you said up there but i saw non of it in the games i watched. Do me a fav and link me some vid's if you can. As of what i have seen Sorcery was the only thing even remotely interesting and its not worth $130.

On thing I do like about Move is i want to see it in 3rd person games. RE4 was great and RE5 will be cool as well. Also I love Infamous but I think the Move would help that game a lot too eventhough I dont think there going to use it.

Another fact may be, although im not sure of it, is i might be getting tired of motion controlls. The last Wii game I have played was MHT and I LOVE IT! No motion controls. Hmmmm idk.

I guess the main problem with Move for me is the price atm. My Wii $250 came with the controllers. I didnt own a WIi and then have to spend $130 for the Motion controlls thats all.

And Move wont sell to the casuals at that price, or the $400 system. If the casuals dont buy it it will fail. You hardcore PS3 fans wont be enough and some of you wont want it anyways.

Time will tell.

yeah the DS3 will be kind of awkward when being used with one hand but you can use it.

no games yet :( but here is a link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOtPVof2K94
there is a SDK for it, so hopefully it will be integrated into one of the move games.

voice recognition is just the software using the mic's on the eye. i used the eye for tom clancy's end war instead of a headset.

there will be head tracking in GT5 (I think I read that somewhere I will check that out too).

there was also a video where Anton (one of the people who designed the move) mention the features.  I will add a link for that when I find it.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).