By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who here is pumped about Move and eager to get it?

What I am seeing here, outside of the entire site goning bonkers over 3DS, is a firestorm of debate and discussion regarding Kinect, and what it can and can't do.  The focus of arguing over motion control now appears center on Kinect, and I am not seeing anything debating Move (unless next to Kinect) or supporting Move... so, here we go.  I will ask then:

1. Who here is pumped about Move and feels it will be awesome... ON A PERSONAL LEVEL?  Please answer for yourself, and whether or not you see it be for yourself.

2. Who here plans on getting Move the first day it come out.  What are you planning on getting for it also, as far as controls go and what games?  Also, what games are you eager to try with Move?

I am curious about this, because I have to wonder how well Move is going to do, if there is little interest in it now among those on here.  Large interest on here isn't a sign of success, but I am not sure one can say little interest on here is a sign of it doing real well.  Also, besides this, if there is interest in Move, how about a few threads about it... by itself?

Around the Network

there already is an official thread for it, does kinect have one just wondering and yes i'm getting the move as it supports hardcore and casual gaming.

Sure.

I think Move has potential, the beginning of which was shown at Sony's E3 conference. Sorcery seems to work very well with it, we've had glowing impressions of Echochrome II, and it's being supported by quite a few core games.

I doubt, however, that I would buy Move on launch day. I tend to avoid buying hardware immediately after release, because there will almost certainly be something wrong with it. On top of that, I have no interest whatsoever in Sports Champions, but I don't own a PS Eye, so the bundle would be the best value for money. And if there's one thing we've seen this generation, good things come to those who wait. You could buy the 40GB PS3 in 2007, as I did, or the 120GB Slim in 2009 for a lower price. You could buy the first model of the 360, with its 33% failure rate, or you could wait for the 360 Slim in 2010, for a lower price, with built in WLAN, less heat and less noise.

To briefly bring in a wider view of things, I don't think Move will set the charts on fire when it launches, and Sony will have to stimulate demand by cutting price or launching better bundles. If I can get the PS Eye, Move and Killzone 3, or LBP2, or maybe even SOCOM 4, for that $100 price point, I'll be first in line. Though Killzone 3 and SOCOM 4 would likely require the Navigation Controller, so the bundles might include that and cost, say, $120 (they are full-priced games, after all).

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Personally, I don't know for sure if I'm buying ANY motion controller any time in the near future.  I already have a Wii and, despite it not being very precise, I feel like I've already been there and done that.

With that said, I have absolutely no interest at all in getting the Playstation Move.  I just don't find it appealing at all.  Nothing about the Move or it's games make me feel like I'll have fun with it.  Again, if I didn't already have a Wii (and I wasn't already tired of motion control), I guess I'd be more excited.

As for Kinect (and I know this isn't a Kinect thread), I do have somewhat of a passing interest in that technology.  The voice controls and the controller free tech have me curious.  I have to see some compelling software for it, though.  If anything, I'd get "Kinectimals" for my little girl and it seems a lot less intimidating to buy the one Kinect device when compared to all of the gadgets that I'd need to get the most out of Move.

For now, I'll use a Wii for my motion control needs and I'll fire up my PS3/360 for my awesome graphics needs.  Right now, I don't feel the need for the two to cross.

Wii- Definitely (with Wii Motion Plus, a possibility in the future--but not likely)

Kinect- Slightly possible.

Move- No interest whatsoever.

d21lewis said:

Personally, I don't know for sure if I'm buying ANY motion controller any time in the near future.  I already have a Wii and, despite it not being very precise, I feel like I've already been there and done that.

With that said, I have absolutely no interest at all in getting the Playstation Move.  I just don't find it appealing at all.  Nothing about the Move or it's games make me feel like I'll have fun with it.  Again, if I didn't already have a Wii (and I wasn't already tired of motion control), I guess I'd be more excited.

As for Kinect (and I know this isn't a Kinect thread), I do have somewhat of a passing interest in that technology.  The voice controls and the controller free tech have me curious.  I have to see some compelling software for it, though.  If anything, I'd get "Kinectimals" for my little girl and it seems a lot less intimidating to buy the one Kinect device when compared to all of the gadgets that I'd need to get the most out of Move.

For now, I'll use a Wii for my motion control needs and I'll fire up my PS3/360 for my awesome graphics needs.  Right now, I don't feel the need for the two to cross.

Wii- Definitely (with Wii Motion Plus, a possibility in the future--but not likely)

A new Time Crisis doesn't excite you?

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

all of the gadgets that I'd need to get the most out of Move.

It's just the camera, one motion controller, and one (optional) navigation controller: very similar to the Wii, with the addition of the PS Eye (which will just lie next to your TV anyway).

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

d21lewis said:

lol does not socom4, re5 or time crisis at least make your mouth water, the move is like having a 3d mouse;);)

Depends if Kinect failed me badly then I will get a pair of those remotes right after I returned kinect.

Already have the PS Eye as got it when it came out and buying 2 Move controllers, to use together in games when just me and one each when a friend is over and shall see how that goes and buy more if they live up to the expectations i have of them

Squall_Leonhart said:

Already have the PS Eye as got it when it came out and buying 2 Move controllers, to use together in games when just me and one each when a friend is over and shall see how that goes and buy more if they live up to the expectations i have of them

may i advise you try out two controllers for one person with that, as i have hear it is very impressive that way, then 2 player 1 remote each;);)