By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Common misconceptions about Christianity.

pizzahut451 said:
sethnintendo said:
Final-Fan said:

Who's your daddy?

That is a good question for Jesus considering the "virgin" Mary wasn't a virgin at all.  The biggest hoax in human history. 

Mary - Uh oh, Joseph I am pregnant. 

Joseph - What???  I didn't even sleep with you!

Mary - Yea, weird huh it was God though! 

Joseph goes on rampage then falls to sleep and has hallucinated dream that somehow God really did impregnate her to ease his mind.

your post is so incredibly ignorant, it makes my stomach hurt from laughing. God never ''slept'' with anyone. that is a very stupid and sinfull thing to say... Mary was a virgin and she was pregnant without any sexual intercourse... the angel told her that she was blessed and that she is carrying a son of God...

Did you even read the Bible or did you just come here to shit on other people's beliefs?

I wasn't being ignorant.  I don't believe that Jesus was the true son of God.  My post was supposed to be a joke on that I believe Mary just had an affair then played it off.  I believe that he said I am a son of God (just like everyone else is) then people transformed him into something he isn't.  I will never believe in Christianity again but I do believe in a higher power.  This will be my last post here because eventually I will say something very harsh against Christians.  Maybe someday 99% of Christians who judge people, don't live Christian life, etc... will start acting like they are supposed to (help others in need, not judging others, etc).  Christians are hypocritical and judgmental which goes against what they are not supposed to be.  Anyways, have a good life.

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
sethnintendo said:
Final-Fan said:

Who's your daddy?

That is a good question for Jesus considering the "virgin" Mary wasn't a virgin at all.  The biggest hoax in human history. 

Joseph goes on rampage then falls to sleep and has hallucinated dream that somehow God really did impregnate her to ease his mind.

your post is so incredibly ignorant, it makes my stomach hurt from laughing. God never ''slept'' with anyone. that is a very stupid and sinfull thing to say... Mary was a virgin and she was pregnant without any sexual intercourse... the angel told her that she was blessed and that she is carrying a son of God...

Did you even read the Bible or did you just come here to shit on other people's beliefs?

I remember reading somewhere that the translation for the word traditionally inerpreted as "virgin" could also mean "young woman". Can't remember the book to give you a reference but I have it somewhere. Either way, seems more plausible an explaination to me.

garvey0 said:
ManusJustus said:
garvey0 said:
ManusJustus said:
Jirakon said:

Though the Bible was written by 40 authors over thousands of years, it's still incredibly coherent within itself.

Matthew and Luke couldn't even write about the birth of Jesus without contradictions, and they knew the guy!

Just look at Matthew's and Luke's geneology of Jesus. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genealogy_of_Jesus

Matthew and Luke knew that Jesus needed to be the decendent of David and born in Bethleham to fulful prophecy, but you would think that they would get together when they wrote about his geneology instead of just making it up on their own.

Just a quick clarification, luke did not know Jesus.  He was a companion of paul who wrote his account based on research: "...since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, it seemed good also to me to write an orderly account for you..."(Luke 1.)

I hold to the belief (as many others also do) that the genealogy in luke's Gospel is of mary (while matthew's is of joseph.)  The wikipedia page you provided gives some information on this belief and there is other information that can easily be found elsewhere on the internet.

Both Luke and Matthew's geneology is inaccurate with the Old Testament geneology of David.  So whatever way you go about it, the Bible is erroneous.  You would think that if you were going to write an infaliable book, they could have bothered to read first chapters.

There are a variety of in depth explanations to all of the concerns people have raised.  While you may not believe these theories to be true, they are at least plausible:

http://www.reasons.org/resources/non-staff-papers/the-genesis-genealogies

This is one that we may just disagree on, I just wanted it on the record that there are ways to explain this.

Considerring the overwhelming lack of actual evidence and how fundamentally flawed the study in this is, it's almost insulting that you call these theories. At best they're hypotheses and flawed in their logic.

Aww, discussing religion is pretty much useless. Everybody will try to change the other's mind. And that won't happen.

As an atheist, I feel kinda sorry for people "battling" over this. A nice decision I made was promise to myself that I'll never try to discuss about religion with someone.

Formação do indíviduo, transformação da sociedade.

Interesting read. 

I don't really want to get into a discussion in regards to theology, philosophy and socialogy.  I loved/hated those courses in Post Sec. 

The only thing I can add that might put things in perspective when it comes to religion, politics, and practically everything else is FREE WILL.  That is the underlying factor in all arguments and unfortunately because of that, the difficulties of arguing anything definitive will be an almost impossible task.

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
pizzahut451 said:
sethnintendo said:
Final-Fan said:

Who's your daddy?

I wasn't being ignorant.  I don't believe that Jesus was the true son of God.  My post was supposed to be a joke on that I believe Mary just had an affair then played it off.  I believe that he said I am a son of God (just like everyone else is) then people transformed him into something he isn't.  I will never believe in Christianity again but I do believe in a higher power.  This will be my last post here because eventually I will say something very harsh against Christians.  Maybe someday 99% of Christians who judge people, don't live Christian life, etc... will start acting like they are supposed to (help others in need, not judging others, etc).  Christians are hypocritical and judgmental which goes against what they are not supposed to be.  Anyways, have a good life.

so you met all 2 bllion christians on this planet? Wow, how long did it took you? Or did you just did some good old generalization on the entire group of 2 billion people????

I just want to say that I love how so many atheists somehow think they have a better understanding of Scripture than people who have dedicated their lives to studying the original language and culture said Scripture was written in. Especially considering how quick many of them are to jump on people who "don't know what they are talking about" in regards to science... I mean, if Scripture is that easy to understand and original language/context is unnecessary, why are pastors spending 5 years and tens of thousands of dollars going to seminary?

Just an observation.

Thence we came forth
To rebehold the stars...