By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sony's Hirai: Naked eye 3d tech for portables does not have high precision.

Aiddon said:

Hirai really needs to read all the glowing impressions people have had for the 3DS

it isn't precise.. if you look at it from the wrong angle the image is blurred.. so maybe he is on to something, then again the wii is anything but precise with the controller.. so

mM
Around the Network

PSP2 with 3D screen confirmed.

@Leo-J If you tilt your head with Sonys 3D you also lose the effect and it becomes blurred.

leo-j said:
Aiddon said:

Hirai really needs to read all the glowing impressions people have had for the 3DS

it isn't precise.. if you look at it from the wrong angle the image is blurred.. so maybe he is on to something, then again the wii is anything but precise with the controller.. so

Well, at least isn't doesn't require something like glasses which would make it unplayable.

Honestly, how can 3D be imprecise?

This is PR spin. Sony's "research" is bullshit, because if they really did research on it, they would be the ones with awesome new hardware. He, and you, need to read some reviews on the 3DS's 3D tech.

Sony's research on Nintendo's technology amounts to them watching the Nintendo E3 press conference, shitting their pants, and brainstorming some way to marginalize the blow, all the while drawing  up plans to copy it with the PSP, and somehow proclaim that  their version is better, despite the obvious fact that it will be a complete and utter ripoff trying to cash in on the vast vast success of the 3DS....kinda like the move did.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

and yet despite some finnicky nature with the 3D people still gobbled it up like no tomorrow. Sony, as always, is being one-upped by Nintendo every step of the way.

from what I've heard the 3d in the 3DS is pretty amazing.

However as I haven't got my hands on one, I can't really comment myself

Around the Network
Aiddon said:

and yet despite some finnicky nature with the 3D people still gobbled it up like no tomorrow. Sony, as always, is being one-upped by Nintendo every step of the way.

Keep telling yourself that pal.

Don't forget the fifth and sixth generation of consoles.

I think someone is jealous.

Sequel I want the most :

Patapon 3 , Elite beat Agent 2 , ROTK 12 , Mother 4, Legend of legaia      3, Resident Evil outbreak 3.

Favorite Youtube poop        McDonnald                 Morshu              

Indeed, Sony didn't make their own researches.  They're the ones pushing 3D into your living room, but they didn't do any researches before hand. ¬_¬

Come on, now.  The guy didn't talk crap about the 3DS.  He only mentione that based on their researches, they thought it wasn't precise enough for handheld.  Nintendo (and Sharp, if the rumors are true) may have conducted different researches and found a sweet spot for their tech. 

People are bashing Hirai when he didn't even mention anything against the 3DS.  Seriously people, get a grip. O_o

Some people here have to read more carefully. He didn't say anything bad about 3DS, so calm down.

Another thing is... Sony could probably already have a 3D PSP in developement. They could say things like "3D on handhelds is imprecise" so that people think Sony would never go 3D on handhelds and then surprisingly unveil a PSP2 with a 3D screen. I don't think that this is actually the case, but you never know how Sony is thinking.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Wagram said:
Aiddon said:

Keep telling yourself that pal.

Don't forget the fifth and sixth generation of consoles.

if you are referring to PS1 and PS2....

Sony orignally had no analog stick until Nintendo showed off theirs, which Sony promptly copied shortly after. Same with rumble once Nintendo made the rumble pack.

Pretty sure nothing interesting happened hardware wise in the sixth generation, it was the most boring. Only thing we got was better graphics.

PS1 and PS2 were definitely more successful, but Sony has always been 1 upped by Nintendo in terms of hardware, the generation where Nintendo doesn't innovate is the generation where nothing happened. (PS2, GC, xbox).