By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sony's Hirai: Naked eye 3d tech for portables does not have high precision.

oldschoolfool said:

How does he know it's imprecise. He has'nt seen it yet. lol

wow for god sake whats with you people!! with the world cup i can rage soo easily!!! he isnt taking a shot at the fricken 3DS he is talking about the tech and the tech alone zomg..... whats wrong with yall!!! :O (world cup rage after kaka was given a red card)

Around the Network

HE ISN'T TALKING ABOUT NITNENDO 3DS

LEAVE SONY ALONE!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Hirai: We have gone back to the drawing board and delayed the PSP2 so that we can release a much higher specced version which also does 3D.

I think that makes sense.

Tease.

By the time they have 3D on PSP2, Nintendo will have 3DS ?

I think Hirai is just bitter because Nintendo stole his thunder out from under his Wiimote, er, Sonymote.

Around the Network
Galaki said:

By the time they have 3D on PSP2, Nintendo will have 3DS ?

Nintendo already has 3DS so the answer to your question is yes.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ROFLMAO. Sony greatness was built on non precise technology that was good enough for the mass consumer. Allow for simpler Sony products to disrupt the upstream $2000 (time period relation) radios. Now they are the big elite company that's getting disrupted.

I think he should learn from Sony history.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Guys, guys..... he said that, based on their OWN research, the technology was imprecise. if anything, these statements were an answer to all the talk about 3d on the PSP2. he stated that he hadn't seen the 3ds in action yet. what i get from this is "we're not there yet".

trust me, when he sees the 3ds, he'll change his mind.

Carl2291 said:
Christian973 said:
Carl2291 said:

Firstly, this kinda proves that Sony have been researching it for a while.

Secondly, he never said anything bad about the 3DS.

Nintendo has been researching it since the fail of the virtual boy. He didn't bad mouthed the 3DS. He's trying hard to criticise it when he hasn't even played it or seen it. The same thing happened when Nintendo intoduced touch screen and dual screens on a handheld.

... So? I never said Nintendo HADN'T been researching it did i?

If he was trying so hard to criticise it he wouldn't have admitted he hadn't seen it yet. Yet, meaning he IS going to check it out and he IS interested in seeing how it works.

Stop being so sensitive. It's annoying.

That's never going to happen Carl. Sadly..... :/

to be honest he really doesn't say anything bad about 3DS.  he just saying from his experience the tech wasn't there.  Nintendo obviously found something there.  He makes a distinction so that people don't think he blasting the 3DS tech.  Which, he prob wouldn't do considering all the positive press.