By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is It Possible For GT5 To OutSell Halo Reach Lifetime?...I Think So!

Muffin31190 said:

Oh yeah it definatly, will Gran Turismo is the biggest franchise behind Mario, Final Fantasy, and Grand Theft Auto and thats because they all have more then 5 games on the market. It has a huge chance at beating halo reach ... look i have both the 360 and the PS3 and i wont be buying reach just because ODST was such a huge dissapointment to me and Reach just does not look that appealing to me, but GT5 on the other hand has been a long time coming, will be worth the wait and everyone can be like well its been delayed so long and why has it not come out yet omg im not goin to get it cuz its takin forever .......... dont kid yourself your obviously still interested if you keep checking on when it is coming out. But i think GT5 will be the best selling game on the PS3 let alone out sell halo reach, i mean hell there was a report that said that 40% of the people planning on buying GT5 didnt even own a PS3 now. So yes GT5 will Outsell Reach plain and Simple.

Nothing this gen is plain and simple.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Muffin31190 said:

Oh yeah it definatly, will Gran Turismo is the biggest franchise behind Mario, Final Fantasy, and Grand Theft Auto and thats because they all have more then 5 games on the market. It has a huge chance at beating halo reach ... look i have both the 360 and the PS3 and i wont be buying reach just because ODST was such a huge dissapointment to me and Reach just does not look that appealing to me, but GT5 on the other hand has been a long time coming, will be worth the wait and everyone can be like well its been delayed so long and why has it not come out yet omg im not goin to get it cuz its takin forever .......... dont kid yourself your obviously still interested if you keep checking on when it is coming out. But i think GT5 will be the best selling game on the PS3 let alone out sell halo reach, i mean hell there was a report that said that 40% of the people planning on buying GT5 didnt even own a PS3 now. So yes GT5 will Outsell Reach plain and Simple.

Nothing this gen is plain and simple.

i'm going to hafe to agree with both of you

mundus6 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mundus6 said:
Halo_Reach said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Halo_Reach said:

lol at ANYONE that thinks  gt5 will outsell Halo Reach...literally LOL

lol at any one who thinks halo reach will outsell Gran Turismo 5

one jan 1st 2011 i will make damn sure to bump this and laugh at you for being delusional, as most playstation fans are...and guess what you will be nowhere to be found, after first week sales of Halo reach top 4 million, which will be enough to eclipse the entire rest of the year for gt5...then Halo reach finishes 2010 with over 7 million which gt5 will NEVER reach...so you will see, and then i will get the last laugh

Not agreeing with your post at all, but Halo Reach week one sales will top 5 million at least.

no they won't

if they launch on mondat then they can but not normally.if games like GTA SAN ANDREAS and MW2 couldn't do it HALO wouldn't

MW2 sold almost 5 million first week on 360 alone. Halo Reach WILL sell more and faster than MW2 (360 version) so yeah 5 million first week at least (or 2nd week depending on how you look at it).

MW2 was short on 5m on 360 and no way HALO REACH will sell more than that first week

Halo_Reach said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mundus6 said:
Halo_Reach said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Halo_Reach said:

lol at ANYONE that thinks  gt5 will outsell Halo Reach...literally LOL

lol at any one who thinks halo reach will outsell Gran Turismo 5

one jan 1st 2011 i will make damn sure to bump this and laugh at you for being delusional, as most playstation fans are...and guess what you will be nowhere to be found, after first week sales of Halo reach top 4 million, which will be enough to eclipse the entire rest of the year for gt5...then Halo reach finishes 2010 with over 7 million which gt5 will NEVER reach...so you will see, and then i will get the last laugh

Not agreeing with your post at all, but Halo Reach week one sales will top 5 million at least.

no they won't

if they launch on mondat then they can but not normally.if games like GTA SAN ANDREAS and MW2 couldn't do it HALO wouldn't

check this out, first 2 weeks of Halo Reach, that way it WILL have a full week plus the first partial week, will total 6 million worldwide, I am willing to go out on a pretty big limb and say 9 million worldwide when first week of 2011 reports, what you say to that?

i don't say anything

i only say that it won't go above GT5 Lifetime even if it has a better start

yo_john117 said:
thismeintiel said:
Halo_Reach said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mundus6 said:
Halo_Reach said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Halo_Reach said:

l

no they won't

check this out, first 2 weeks of Halo Reach, that way it WILL have a full week plus the first partial week, will total 6 million worldwide, I am willing to go out on a pretty big limb and say 9 million worldwide when first week of 2011 reports, what you say to that?

I say check the pre-order charts again.  Last week's report marked the 4th straight decline in pre-oreders per week.  It had less than 25K.  To match the pre-order numbers of Halo 3, it will have to gain 650.4K pre-orders in the next 5 weeks.  I highly doubt that will happen.  Something tells me that 8-9 mil may be the Reach's lifetime sales.

How do you know what Halo 3's pre-orders were in America?   

And even if what you say is true then you must mean 12 weeks and not 5.....and trust me its gonna sell 650k pre-orders in 12 weaks EASY.

Because MS announced on Aug. 9th '07 that pre-orders for Halo 3 had hit 1 mil in America.  This was 7 weeks from launch.  So for Reach to hit this milestone it will have to get ~ 616K pre-orders in the next 5 weeks.  Sorry, but I just don't see that happening.  And I meant 6 weeks in my previous post.

Around the Network

i hope it does

thismeintiel said:
yo_john117 said:
thismeintiel said:
Halo_Reach said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mundus6 said:
Halo_Reach said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Halo_Reach said:

l

no they won't

I say check the pre-order charts again.  Last week's report marked the 4th straight decline in pre-oreders per week.  It had less than 25K.  To match the pre-order numbers of Halo 3, it will have to gain 650.4K pre-orders in the next 5 weeks.  I highly doubt that will happen.  Something tells me that 8-9 mil may be the Reach's lifetime sales.

And even if what you say is true then you must mean 12 weeks and not 5.....and trust me its gonna sell 650k pre-orders in 12 weaks EASY.

Because MS announced on Aug. 9th '07 that pre-orders for Halo 3 had hit 1 mil in America.  This was 7 weeks from launch.  So for Reach to hit this milestone it will have to get ~ 616K pre-orders in the next 5 weeks.  Sorry, but I just don't see that happening.  And I meant 6 weeks in my previous post.

Damn how many pre-orders were there for Halo 3?!?!  

Can I have a link please?  Cause that would've meant Halo 3 had almost 2 million pre-orders and should have sold as much as MW2 first week

yo_john117 said:
thismeintiel said:
yo_john117 said:
thismeintiel said:
Halo_Reach said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mundus6 said:
Halo_Reach said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Halo_Reach said:

l

no they won't

Damn how many pre-orders were there for Halo 3?!?!  

Can I have a link please?  Cause that would've meant Halo 3 had almost 2 million pre-orders and should have sold as much as MW2 first week

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/128448/halo-3-breaks-pre-order-records-at-1-million-sold/

I don't recall a final number of pre-orders, but I would imagine it would have been between 1.5 mil and 1.8 mil (MW2) by the time of release.

Halo Reach easily!!!

Even me a non Halo fanboy i wiil buy this epic game!!!

first week reach will completly obliterate gt5 but in the long run gt5 will do that gt always does. sell on and on and on without fail. im not shore if gt5 is gona be able to beat gt3 cos that was just ridiculas numbers