By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is It Possible For GT5 To OutSell Halo Reach Lifetime?...I Think So!

maximrace said:
pezus said:
maximrace said:
pezus said:
maximrace said:

Reach'll win because the franchise is  a big seller, gt is still going down

Is it?

Yes GT5 will still sell less than the others. And we know GT5 hasn't outsold reach yet because there are at least 2m digital sales, putting it around 11m

Have you actually looked at the sales? GT5 is already the 4th highest selling GT, and is less than 200k away from GT1. It will definitely be at least the 3rd highest selling one, with a chance of being the 2nd highest. 

At least 2m digital sales? Source?

It won't sell more than 3 and 4, that's a decline.

And we know the fable reach digital bundle sold at least 1.2-1.3 m. So 500-750 k other digital sales would be doable

Uh GT5+GT5P sold more than GT4+GT4P, and yes GT5 will outsell GT4, only a million to go.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
pezus said:
Michael-5 said:

Man GT5 smashes that attach rate arguement. 10.66 million shipped (will get sold) on a system which will likely sell 90 million units lifetime. That's about a what 13% attach rate? New record for a GT game.

Anyway, this is picture proof why attach rate arguements fail.....

It'll end up with around the same attach rate as GT1 on PS1, selling 11-12m on a 100m+ userbase (eventually)

You think PS3 will sell over 100 million consoles? Why?

I'm curious because in mid 2010 I also thought Wii would sell closer to PS2 figures (Wii was around 80 million at the time, just clearing 17 million in 2010), but then sales crashed, and now that Wii U is out, it's basically dead. You might be right though, PS1, PS2, and PSP all have pretty long and fat tails, PS2 sold what 50 million units after being replaced? Why can't PS3 sell 20 million after being replaced?

Still, late this gen, so many shocking trends for me. If PS3 does eventually outsell the Wii worldwide, well....then I'm going to give up on console predictions.

this is why http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=102249&page=4#1

i believe it pass 100M and take 1st for the gen as swell

Play Me

pezus said:
maximrace said:
pezus said:
maximrace said:
pezus said:
maximrace said:

Reach'll win because the franchise is  a big seller, gt is still going down

Is it?

Yes GT5 will still sell less than the others. And we know GT5 hasn't outsold reach yet because there are at least 2m digital sales, putting it around 11m

Have you actually looked at the sales? GT5 is already the 4th highest selling GT, and is less than 200k away from GT1. It will definitely be at least the 3rd highest selling one, with a chance of being the 2nd highest. 

At least 2m digital sales? Source?

It won't sell more than 3 and 4, that's a decline.

And we know the fable reach digital bundle sold at least 1.2-1.3 m. So 500-750 k other digital sales would be doable

Obviously 3 was an anomaly because of being hard bundled in America with PS2 from the very beginning. GT5 will finish within 500k of GT4 and ahead of the other GT's. Not really a decline, no.

500-750k digital sales would be extremely high. Can't really say what it has sold there with no numbers to back you up. 

Well Microsoft said the Halo series sold a total of 46 million in October 2012. If we add up the sales of Halo Combat evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3 OSDT. Halo Wars, and Halo Combat evolved anniversary  using the VG chartz numbers, then we get a total of 45.5 million. So 500k digital sales for Reach makes sense. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

pezus said:
Michael-5 said:

I'm curious because in mid 2010 I also thought Wii would sell closer to PS2 figures (Wii was around 80 million at the time, just clearing 17 million in 2010), but then sales crashed, and now that Wii U is out, it's basically dead. You might be right though, PS1, PS2, and PSP all have pretty long and fat tails, PS2 sold what 50 million units after being replaced? Why can't PS3 sell 20 million after being replaced?

Still, late this gen, so many shocking trends for me. If PS3 does eventually outsell the Wii worldwide, well....then I'm going to give up on console predictions.

My yearly sales prediction for Wii and PS3: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5346453
Sony consoles follow completely different trends to Nintendo consoles. Nintendo consoles hit a wall at a point and completely stop selling after a short while, while Sony consoles sell for a long time, and the yearly drops are much smaller even with next gen consoles out (because they sell really well in developing markets where they can't afford next-gen yet).

Well this is definatly possible. I never imagined that Sony would retake first this gen, wow. It will really depend on how long South America supports the PS3, but if it's anything like the PS1/PS2/PSP, it should get a lot of support.

I hope the PS3 doesn't outsell the Wii, I want Nintendo to win just once, but as long as Sony and Nintendo are ahead of MS I'm happy. I don't like MS as a console company anymore.

What's your prediction for 360?

---

P.S. Really, Sony predicts 87 million PS3's sold by March 2014? That's 10 million for their 2013 fiscal year, which is 83% as strong as their 2012 fiscal year. Wow, that's a bold prediction, but if Sony can do it, that's an outstanding achievement for the company.

BHR-3 said:
Michael-5 said:

this is why http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=102249&page=4#1

i believe it pass 100M and take 1st for the gen as swell

Are you refering to the posts about DVR? I don't know what DVR is.... LOL

After the recent adjustment, and PS3 sales still selling strong, it's definatly possible. Can 360 surpass Wii as well?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

You know PS3 could sell as much as 120 million? PS2 sold 50 million more units after it was replaced (sold 50% more after a successor released) and if PS3 followed suit, that's 120 million. I don't think it will do that well, this gen was longer, so a lot of late buyers are buying PS3's now instead of after a successor releases but I do agree with you pezus that PS3 will likely break 100 million, and maybe even 110 million.

However I think PS4 sales, like Wii U, will start real slow. PS3/360 are excellent consoles, there isn't much incentive to move on yet, especially if the main offerings are onl this gen's sequels. Uncharted 4 won't exactly attract new gamers, but Uncharted 1-3 on a cheap PS3 might.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

depends on if MS will support the 360 while the 720 is out

past history shows that sony supports there past consoles for some time after a new gen starts thats why i had a so to say insurance policy with this thread had ps3 sales not picked up in 2010 and 11

so its 50/50 for me right now but diffidently possible and imo deserved for the gen if 360 passes wii LT at some point

dont think the main incentives are UC4 or sequels there will be new ips like there was for this gen and 720/ps4 wont start out as slow as wiiu, they have a significant leap in terms of power and capability and i believe after 2014 alot of 3rd party games will be ps4/720 only or there 360/ps3 ports will be vastly inferior making the choice to buy next gen easier

i also believe wiiu is done its not just a slow start it completely missed the mark, im curious to know/see what if any console they release for the 9th gen

Play Me

Congrats BHR-3... you did it again

Now you can back to PS3/PS4 side of the force.