By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Vgchartz Mafia Round -17- Street Fighter Edition

Final-Fan said:
Fufinu said:
Joining this thread after going through the first nine pages!

Oh and this is completely up to you but I think it might help you in following this game if you set the posts per page to 50 or even 100.  You can do it by going into Settings (it's to the left, under your avatar pic [edit:  at the top of this page]) and then Preferences (the middle of five tabs at the top)

Thanks for the tip!

From the call for names, I'm not sure that  we'll get to Bison. The game also has other baddies (Balrog, Sagat, C. Viper, etc) meaning that these people will bluff their way out of the roles.

Assuming that everyone is honest, it could work out, but I have my doubt everybody would.

Around the Network

[edit:  @ Falcon]
I sympathize with that view but we can't base our judgment on "well it would suck if this were true but be nice if that were true, so let's assume the latter".  Not that you were necessarily saying that. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

It's now on two pages :)

(but still a lot to read)

Fufinu said:
From the call for names, I'm not sure that  we'll get to Bison. The game also has other baddies (Balrog, Sagat, C. Viper, etc) meaning that these people will bluff their way out of the roles.

Assuming that everyone is honest, it could work out, but I have my doubt everybody would.

Well, if (for example) five people claim to be Ken I think it would be fairly clear who the bad guys were.  Lynch us all and I'll take one for the team to get such an easy win. 

Other than that, we'll have to deal with it as it happens.  But I think they'll more likely just fess up their roles (other than Bison) but say they're pro-town. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:

Well we have the advantage in that we can convince a few people, and then our argument gets stronger that the damage is done so we might as well get the benefit of it, in a vicious awesome cycle until you have to give in! 

Well if enough people reveal then I will be revealed by default. If there are 19 players, and 18 roles well I think we know who the last one is. I am not worried really. I would be shocked to see my character on the hunted list, and is not instantly associated with evil.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
Final-Fan said:

Well we have the advantage in that we can convince a few people, and then our argument gets stronger that the damage is done so we might as well get the benefit of it, in a vicious awesome cycle until you have to give in! 

Well if enough people reveal then I will be revealed by default. If there are 19 players, and 18 roles well I think we know who the last one is. I am not worried really. I would be shocked to see my character on the hunted list, and is not instantly associated with evil.

But if everyone did as you are saying, no one would reveal.

Correct me if I am wrong (I have only played some 2-3 other mafia games), but aren't reveals usually something of a last resort pre-lynch? Strategically I am not sold of its benefits for the town.

Final-Fan said:

[edit:  @ Falcon]
I sympathize with that view but we can't base our judgment on "well it would suck if this were true but be nice if that were true, so let's assume the latter".  Not that you were necessarily saying that. 

My problem with this is that unless WoW is bluffing us, this game is practically over.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

People who haven't posted yet :

Nikells

Silver-tiger

Tanstalas

So, just stood up, reading through all the posts so far, and I'm already confused. But I already think this ame is awesome!

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

I don't see any benefit to have mass role claim.

Actually i think its a bad idea, people will focusing too much on the characters

I mean "Vega" is bad in the SF universe, but that doesn't mean he is anti-town in this game (unless u guys want to test that theory lol)

Imo this will do more harm than good, specially if its suggested by a psychic, mean and incredibly self-centred character.

Edit: ^ i was referring to Rose not WoW :P

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)