By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect Price Predictor - Come in and Predict!

Seece said:
jarrod said:
yo_john117 said:
jarrod said:

With all the additional retailers listing $149, I think that's actually going to be the price.  MS better throw in a free game too, maybe Kinectimals or Kinect Sports.

Honestly, this thing should be $99 with some demos bundled.  And the 250GB 360 slim should be $199.  Microsoft's totally fumbling it...

No it shouldn't lol.  $199 is a $100 dollar price drop and thats ridiculous since they put in all this extra stuff.  A $50 price cut would be nice and realistic.

If they wanted to regain their foothold against Sony, they needed a slim remodel AND a significant price drop.  This isn't going to cut it, if MS doesn't wise up soon they really will be in 3rd... man, I miss Allard. :/

They are already planning a slim arcade, probably for $149.99

They should've had that at E3 then.  I think they're really brunting the impact they could be making with the 360 slim.

Ideally, I'd have said they should do maybe a 120GB at $199.  That'd allow them to intro the 250GB for higher either simultaneously or later in the summer/fall... though honestly I think a single SKU might be a good move for a change.  I kinda hope they don't do an Arcade again though, they really do need to ensure there's HDDs with all those units out there...

Around the Network
BBH said:

I'l eagerly anticipate MS's next financial report, because I have no clue how much it would cost them to make it. I wonder if they are going down the (short term) profit or loss route.

Yeah I agree, it could go radical either way.

ideal: $99,99

RRP: $116.59

jarrod said:
Seece said:
jarrod said:
yo_john117 said:
jarrod said:

With all the additional retailers listing $149, I think that's actually going to be the price.  MS better throw in a free game too, maybe Kinectimals or Kinect Sports.

Honestly, this thing should be $99 with some demos bundled.  And the 250GB 360 slim should be $199.  Microsoft's totally fumbling it...

No it shouldn't lol.  $199 is a $100 dollar price drop and thats ridiculous since they put in all this extra stuff.  A $50 price cut would be nice and realistic.

If they wanted to regain their foothold against Sony, they needed a slim remodel AND a significant price drop.  This isn't going to cut it, if MS doesn't wise up soon they really will be in 3rd... man, I miss Allard. :/

They should've had that at E3 then.  I think they're really brunting the impact they could be making with the 360 slim.

Ideally, I'd have said they should do maybe a 120GB at $199.  That'd allow them to intro the 250GB for higher either simultaneously or later in the summer/fall... though honestly I think a single SKU might be a good move for a change.  I kinda hope they don't do an Arcade again though, they really do need to ensure there's HDDs with all those units out there...

Nope, they're planning this to military precision IMO

Now - Release Slim Elite for $199. Clear out old phat stock.

August - GamesCom, show off the hardcore, hybrid Kinect games they have, Milo is confirmed to make an appearence NEXT month. Also they will release price information here.

September - Release Halo Reach alongside a gigantic advertising campaign, and start advertising Kinect to offset move buyers.

October - really ramp up Kinect, get a massive public buzz going, a countdown on adverts, cinemas, sports events, daytime tv, kids tv EVERYWHERE.

November - Release a $149 slim arcade and Kinect bundles. (the reasonS it's best to release a slim arcade here are)

1. releasing a arcade slim now for $199 will offset people buying $249 phat elites.
2. It's new ammo against move for the xmas season and kicks off kinect in a massive way.
3. Price cuts, a great time to drop the slim elite to $249 and slim arcade to $149, insted of a $199 everyone's expecting.

With all that in place, can you imagin the sales in November/December?

Ideal: $49.99 (Non Bundle)
Ideal: $69.99 (Bundled)

Cost: $99.99 (Bundled)

Edit: I know mine isn't realistic, but I wanted to be lowest. I wouldn't be surprised if it was $149.99. (Oh by bundled I meant with a game)

Around the Network

It's available for pre-order most places for 149, so I think it'll be that.

Should be 99.99 if they want to sell the most possible. And at either point, it should come with a game.

Im gonna go for $79 and $79 with the bundle pricing coming in at $199 and $299 because it seems to make sense, they are adding something into the box rather than cutting the price. However they MIGHT offer a 120GB for $249 or something or an Arcade or something without Kinect.

Edit: $79 IS twice the price of the PS Eye as well, just for a comparable item to compare the controller with.

Tease.

Seece said:
flagstaad said:

$149.99 but it will include a game, either sports or adventure (maybe 2 "bundles" where you can choose from).

To succed it needs to be $99.99, and have no game, all the owners of a 360 that wants to buy it want only the dance game, and will not buy the device for more than 100.

Already factual incorrect here and with at least several others I've talked to ...

Ok, my mistake, it should read: ALL THE OWNERS OF A 360 THAT I KNOW. Since there are not core games yet, the only casual they are interested is the Dance one. Some are even telling me that if the price is above 100, they will buy a Wii instead, since that way they can also play the Nintendo Line-up.

What's to predict? Every online retialer has it for $149.99. So,yeah, that's what its going to be. $149.99.

However, it should b e$99.99

Seece said:
jarrod said:
Seece said:
jarrod said:
yo_john117 said:
jarrod said:

Nope, they're planning this to military precision IMO

Now - Release Slim Elite for $199. Clear out old phat stock.

August - GamesCom, show off the hardcore, hybrid Kinect games they have, Milo is confirmed to make an appearence NEXT month. Also they will release price information here.

September - Release Halo Reach alongside a gigantic advertising campaign, and start advertising Kinect to offset move buyers.

October - really ramp up Kinect, get a massive public buzz going, a countdown on adverts, cinemas, sports events, daytime tv, kids tv EVERYWHERE.

November - Release a $149 slim arcade and Kinect bundles. (the reasonS it's best to release a slim arcade here are)

1. releasing a arcade slim now for $199 will offset people buying $249 phat elites.
2. It's new ammo against move for the xmas season and kicks off kinect in a massive way.
3. Price cuts, a great time to drop the slim elite to $249 and slim arcade to $149, insted of a $199 everyone's expecting.

With all that in place, can you imagin the sales in November/December?

If their current slim model elite with a 250g HDD and wireless is going for the same price as the older elites w/ 120g hdd and no wireless, I cannot see their new slim arcades selling for less than the current arcades before the price drop. Only way is if they take out the wifi (which I do not think they will do).  

$299 elite  w/bundle $399 (same price as PS3 with move)

$199 arcade  $299 (same price as the elite)

Will give kinect (which I still think will stay at $149) a -$50 bundle benefit (the correct amount), which is in line with Sony's bundle ($349 250g system plus $99 move bundle - $50) = $399.

I do not think MS would have released the slim this quickly if it was not making them some margin profit @299.  They could have easily announced it, dropped the price of current models, and waited until stock dried up to begin selling them.