By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect Price Predictor - Come in and Predict!

$49.99 if it's sold alone. It is the ideal price as well.

This is not an expensive technology.... it is a webcam with two lenses. It shouldn't cost more than $30 to manufacture. Packing and Shipping would take up the remaining $15 $5 profits. Microsoft is making a wii-killer and a move-murderer. They have all the resources they need to do that.

I think the Kinect is really cheap. If it works properly, without lag etc, it is the cheapest controller around. You don't need 'two kinects' if you want to play with your bro/sis/friend/parent as you would normally with the normal physical controllers..

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

Around the Network

Well, since it only has 3 cameras, a mic, and a tilt mechanism, it shouldn't be that expensive.

I think that it will retail for $89.99 with a game included.

Ideal would be $69.99

Kinect! who needs video games!

Probably sell at $99. But for me ideal would be 59.99

we already see it as listed 149 and bundled for 100$ extra so its not really unknown what it will cost around

i say 149 when it releases going by how MS charges for there other add on stuff wifi adapters, online, HDD and controller charges

it wont last long at that 149 price though quickly going down to 99

for it to be ideal going by the footage ive seen and the SW releasing for it i would say 39.99 im not a fan of the motion but kinect is even swaying me more away how long will miming be fun for with the SW releasing for it? the sound detection feature is good though

so its 149 and 39 for me

Play Me

Rather than predict price, I will predict that it will come bundled with Kinect Sports and KInect Adventures.

I would say price is probably between $99 and $149 actually.  No set price so no prediction for price.

Around the Network

are we going to update it

Play Me