By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is living in the past

amp316 said:
WIzarDE said:

I dont think Nintendo is living in the past, I see it as the Nintendo fanbase are living in the past ... you see the fans  are asking for these game and all Nintendo is doing is delivering.

So what you are saying is that Nintendo's fans want Super Mario Galaxy 3 next year along without a new Zelda and maybe Starfox or something like that?   

Yes those games would be nice. lol

Around the Network

It's more like they refuse to move out of the family friendly mold.  And yeah, they do have Metroid:  Other M, but does anyone expect that to be controversial enough to get any higher than a T rating?  I really don't think with their current success that Nintendo would have the guts to put out edgier games like Heavy Rain.

And you can say the other companies are trying to do likewise to an extent.

Microsoft is certainly wanting to appear more family friendly as shown by their E3 this year.

And Vivid Video has been wanting to do something with Sony for the last couple of years but so far Sony has refused.

Keeping a family friendly appearance might lead to more sales but it really stymies gaming from being able to evolve as a serious artistic medium.

Where twould world of literature be as an art form if you only had Archie and Mickey Mouse comics and no Naked Lunch or Ulysseus?

MadeInDK said:

Your so wrong. Nintendo give the future.

Some of the latest....

1. wii-mote... motion control.

2. 3d WHITOUT glasses

3. Mario Galaxy

4. Touch screen

Many new games.. new game types. Some of them, MS and sony need to copy.. (or die)

Motion sport games

action motion games

"Nintendogs" games

Fitnes games

The "Nintendo gold ones" Zelda, Mario. donkey.. are i'm afraid is not to be copied.

I don't get the fitnes games. I don't play video games to exercise. lol

infamous23 said:

It's more like they refuse to move out of the family friendly mold.  And yeah, they do have Metroid:  Other M, but does anyone expect that to be controversial enough to get any higher than a T rating?  I really don't think with their current success that Nintendo would have the guts to put out edgier games like Heavy Rain.

Didn't Nintendo publish Eternal Darkness?  What was the rating on that? 

About Heavy Rain.  Isn't it like one of those old Choose Your Own Adventure books?  Don't you just select what you want to do and the game does it for you, or am I mistaken? 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

what a strange perspective...

That's the biggest bunch of nonsense i ever read. Sorry, Ninty isn't in the past, it's M$ and Sony.

Mass-market Motion Control is 4 years old.

lame.

Around the Network
ninty_shareholder64 said:

what a strange perspective...

That's the biggest bunch of nonsense i ever read. Sorry, Ninty isn't in the past, it's M$ and Sony.

lame.

It's a lot older than that.  It used to be called the Power Glove. 

Nintendo's living in the past.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I think your half way joking. I have a wii,so does that mean I'm living in the past? lol

ninty_shareholder64 said:

Sony knew that, and that's why PlayStation Move will be neither priced nor bundled in a way that's conducive to capturing the mass market. So, you fail, sir.

oldschoolfool said:

I think your half way joking. I have a wii,so does that mean I'm living in the past? lol

Your avatar is Pong. You are definitely living in the past.

amp316 said:
infamous23 said:

Didn't Nintendo publish Eternal Darkness?  What was the rating on that? 

About Heavy Rain.  Isn't it like one of those old Choose Your Own Adventure books?  Don't you just select what you want to do and the game does it for you, or am I mistaken? 

Nintendo didn't develop Eternal Darkness.  That was Silicon Knights.  And it was made in the Gamecube era at a time when Nintendo might not have been playing as safe with game ideas to protect sales unlike now when they announce two 2d platformers in one E3 conference instead of any new thematic ideas for their games.

Don't know.  Never played it.  But at least it has a story that takes game stories in a new direction according to several reviewers.