By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo is living in the past

A very Rolian take on this.

You forgot to mention a young Sean Connery at that as your avitar.

Also, you could have pointed out that the 3DS is the grandson of the Virtual Boy. In other words, by reintroducing a 3D console, Nintendo is living in 1995.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

This is why you have to read a post and not just read the thread title.

Also, this is why this forum NEEDS some sort of props or kudos system. Because that post was just well done.

infamous23 said:
amp316 said:
i

Well, if they could make a game like Eternal Darkness, it would seem that they're much more interested in making Party and Wii Series games and some of the new games like that they didn't bring to America like Fatal Frame IV and Disaster:  Day of Crisis.

They did make a more controversial game this gen, but they didn't bring it to America.  Captain Birdo or something?

HOTD, Manhunter 2, and Madworld weren't made by Nintendo.

If Nintendo really wanted to be edgy there would be sex, nudity, and gore in Other M, but I would say there will be very little of that in Other M in comparison to the typical games on the other systems.

I know about GTA IV because I played it.

The underlined part. HAhahahahahahahahahahahaha. Sex, nudity and gore are only "edgy" if you're a 15 year guy or have the mindset of one. There is nothing remotely edgy OR mature gained by including any of those in a game.

In fact, the inclusion of them, especially in the gratuitous capacity that's so pervasive these days, belies more  a lack of maturity than the other way around. 

If anything, making 2D "family friendly" side-scrollers is edgy, since it's not in vogue and is in that sense working against market trends. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

is this supossed to be a joke thread?

I don't get it

Give people stablished franchises: Bwaaaaaa I want new franchises not the same old thing

Give people new IPs: Bwaaaaaa I want the beloved characters and Franchises I know and love.

Give people new IPs AND stablished franchises: Bwaaaaaa..........

Around the Network

1981- Parents came to america

1986- Brother is born

1992- I was born

1997- sister was born

.................Sounds like good times to me.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

blaydcor said:
infamous23 said:
amp316 said:
i

Well, if they could make a game like Eternal Darkness, it would seem that they're much more interested in making Party and Wii Series games and some of the new games like that they didn't bring to America like Fatal Frame IV and Disaster:  Day of Crisis.

They did make a more controversial game this gen, but they didn't bring it to America.  Captain Birdo or something?

If Nintendo really wanted to be edgy there would be sex, nudity, and gore in Other M, but I would say there will be very little of that in Other M in comparison to the typical games on the other systems.

The underlined part. HAhahahahahahahahahahahaha. Sex, nudity and gore are only "edgy" if you're a 15 year guy or have the mindset of one. There is nothing remotely edgy OR mature gained by including any of those in a game.

In fact, the inclusion of them, especially in the gratuitous capacity that's so pervasive these days, belies more  a lack of maturity than the other way around. 

If anything, making 2D "family friendly" side-scrollers is edgy, since it's not in vogue and is in that sense working against market trends. 

Oh well, I guess you don't consider books by Henry Miller, Brett Easton Ellis, or William S.  Burroughs to be very mature although many critics of literature would tend to disagree.

The edgiest games on Wii this gen remain Suda 51's because his are the only ones that really book the pervasive trend of all Wii games including the 2d platformers that they must all be palatable by all gamers and conducive to Wii sales to the casuals.

If you really want to talk about the edgy 2d platformers that were at this year's E3 they're not NSMWii, KEY, or DKCR, but Blade Kitten on PSN, Limbo on 360 and Rayman Origins.

infamous23 said:
blaydcor said:
infamous23 said:
amp316 said:
i

Oh well, I guess you don't consider books by Henry Miller, Brett Easton Ellis, or William S.  Burroughs to be very mature although many critics of literature would tend to disagree.

The edgiest games on Wii this gen remain Suda 51's because his are the only ones that really book the pervasive trend of all Wii games including the 2d platformers that they must all be palatable by all gamers and conducive to Wii sales to the casuals.

If you really want to talk about the edgy 2d platformers that were at this year's E3 they're not NSMWii, KEY, or DKCR, but Blade Kitten on PSN, Limbo on 360 and Rayman Origins.

Is that really how you're going to argue this?

The book part I mean. 

Find me a critic that acclaims a story or book by any of those authors and (a) says it's mature and (b) calls it so because of the inclusion of sex, violence, and gore.

Know what they say? Pulp is sex and violence, literature is love and death. Not that I fully agree with that, but it certainly embodies the critical spirit of the literary community. 

I mean, if you want to argue illogically, don't do it with books. Books are my thing. I read way more than I game. Hell, I write more than I game. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

i dont think there living in the past.

in the past especially snes days, nintendo had the best games, now thier main focus is on casual games yet still making thier own core titles like galaxy and zelda, but 1 or 2 games a year dont cut it anymore.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

they certainly pulled out all the classics but i think they gameplay innovations they brought to the table prove that they are looking forward