By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda was pushed back to refine visual style, says Shigeru Miyamoto!

Well the visual style does need some refining, especially the enemy design. Take your time.

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

- Douglas Adams

Around the Network

WInd Waker > Twilight Princess

So this style is kinda like a mixture of both which is good for me because I liked WInd Waker much mroe than TP, but I am glad its also got some unique touches of its own.

Honestly it looks really good and has lots of potential, the game is almost a year away from release give them time.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Soriku said:

The reply is absolutely correct

This is my favourite art style out of all the Zelda games. You can argue all you want, but you have to agree that it's technically brilliant. Every frame looks as if it's a piece of Concept Art ^___^. 

Twilite Princes had an amazing graphics style. Very soft lighting and beautiful colors.  A great mix of realism and fantasy land.

They're destroying Zelda by copying real world paintings.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Twilite Princes had an amazing graphics style. Very soft lighting and beautiful colors.  A great mix of realism and fantasy land.

Theyre destroying Zelda by copying real world paintings.

No they are not, stop overreacting....seriously.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Slimebeast said:

Theyre destroying Zelda by copying real world paintings.

No they are not, stop overreacting....seriously.

U have no idea how disapointed I was when i saw Zelda Sword. Not just cos of the graphics though (It just looked so uninspired, the gameplay. but thats off-topic).

Ppl also loved the grafix of the last PoP game which I thought looked awful (the one with the oil paintings).

Games should stand on their own, not mimic real life art. Real world art wants to express something entirely different than a game. A game is about being drawn into a fantasy world (at least fantasy games are lol) while an art painting will want to ewoke other type of emotions in u that has to do with this world, the IRL world.

Maybe the graphics wil grow on me though. At first I didn't like Wind Waker either, but today i think it looks really cool.

I really hope they make the colors stronger. It looked so bleak at E3. Pink needs to become red, teal must be blue etc.

@Slimebeast

They're done the gameplay portion of the game, so expect the next ~6 months to be devoted solely to enhancing the detail and presentation of the graphics. The game will look a lot better when it's complete.

Ninpanda said:

I'm liking the art style, but the graphics still feel a bit un-polished. (Environments and objects are a bit blurry from afar.)

I'm not disappointed at all, even though the game's release date has been pushed to 2011. To tell you the truth, I'm fucking thrilled about that fact. That means I might just not be forced to live on the streets during the holidays.

That's how it's supposed to look.