By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kirby: Epic Yarn or Donkey Kong Country Returns?

Kirby: Epic Yarn or Donkey Kong Country Returns?

Kirby 54 23.28%

Donkey Kong 101 43.53%

Can't choose. umm... BOTH! 67 28.88%

Neither 4 1.72%

I'm an idiot 6 2.59%

Total:232

Based on what I saw from the Nintendo conference I will be buying both. But Kirby just edges it for me. It looks more imaginative and original.

Around the Network

kirby

Was never old enough to play the DK games but I'll get both anyhow

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Soleron said:

Kirby.

Donkey Kong Country's gameplay as a series looks too samey. I've never played DKC (though I've seen it played) and this looks very true to the origina. So I may buy it, depending on whether the 2P co-op is as good as NSMB Wii. And of course I loved Metroid Prime, so if they've brought Retro-quality design and Kenji Yamamoto music to it then I'll have no choice.

Why change something perfect?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

empty post!!! D:

well, i'll just say here that I love the style of Kirby Epic Yarn, it's pretty cool, though it's a little weird seeing a Kirby platformer without his signature suction ability

I'm getting both, but i only had one chioce it's be Donkey Kong, I absolutely LOVED DK Jungle Beat!!!

Around the Network

Both look amazing, but if I had to go with one of them, Kirby's style wins it for me - it just looks so cool.

Both!

when i first heard the rumors of retro working on DK i was a lot skeptical, but after seeing the trailer i'm sold. It actually looks better (and not only graphic wise) than the original DKC trilogy. It looks like they stuck togheter the best parts of DKC1-2-3 and DKJB.

And for Kirby, the art style is really interesting, and since i love both traditional kirby games and experimental ones (canvas curse), this is a day one for me.

if forced to choose one, i'd go with DKCR, but i'm plannig to buy both.

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

I'm getting both but kirby is the one i would get if I had too choose it looks very original and imiginative which is what I like about kirby games. Both games are going to be missing staple parts of their respective series which should make it an interesting one.

kirby looks far better than dkc:r i mean far far far better, besides considering the wii's limiatiotns i would have prefered a cel shaded or more stylized graphical look for DKC:R. But since i love DKC1-3 for the VC (SNES) i'm gonna go with DKC:R hoping it'll be as good as the previous ones for the SNES.

rastari said:

I'm getting both but kirby is the one i would get if I had too choose it looks very original and imiginative which is what I like about kirby games. Both games are going to be missing staple parts of their respective series which should make it an interesting one.

Kirby is missing his suction ability but what's DK missing?