By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo waves the white flag at E3 2010

aaaand here come the post-E3 bashing articles. Nintendo pretty much had a stranglehold on E3 with their deluge of titles that would appeal not only to the core but also to the expanded audience. I doubt Sony or MS are going to somehow steal away the Wii's audience just because of their own motion devices (though I do expect them to be successful).

Around the Network

This blog is made by a Nintendo fan, with Rol-like posts. If you read more by him, you'll find it, he enjoys laughing at the mainstream videogame sites.

Ugh late :)

Is this a joke? Nintendo had its best e3 in years ( if not ever) and it blew both Sony and MS out of the water IMO. They are in the best position that they where in the last 2 years, and that is saying a lot. With the Wii lineup, still anormeous DS sales and the launch of the 3DS, they will have seom stellar sales this year

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

wow this guy is an ignorant or must live in another planet

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network
Sharu said:

TBH, when i first saw the list of games for 3DS my thoughts was that this small 3d beast will be a competitor not for the Wii, but mostly for X360 and PS3, taking new buyers from HD consoles...

Really?  It might be possible, but I wouldn't think that would happen.

infamous23 said:

Most likely (based on evidence from the pricing of their current handhelds) 3DS could carry a $250 to $300 price tag at launch with $50 games (as development for the 3d games would cost more than for normal ds games).

By the time it launches at this price point, Sony could have a model of PS3 out for $199 and a more powerful handheld on the way for roughly the same price as 3ds for the holidays (thinking that the 3DS is adopting technology early into its design while Sony is waiting for some of the same tech to come down in price before incorporating it into their next handheld).

I don't think things are so cut and dried as a lot of Nintendo fans wish for  them to be at the moment.

or they could you know launch it at $200-250 (more likely IMO) as for $50 games quite possible at launch but not because of 3D  that doesn't cost any extra but because of the the increased horsepower (probably good amount more than the PSP) and as any PSP2 games would cost the same or more I don't see how it's that big a problem.

I don't think PS3 will get a price cut of that much this financial year (you know the year that the 3DS is launching) unless of coarse the move is a massive failure and PS3 sales drop significantly or possibly if 360 gets another price cut. If sony waits for prices to come down before releasing late 2011 is probably the earliest they would launch unless it's just a phone that can play PSP games and if you think that will sell well going against the iphone, other Android phones, the DS and 3Ds, I don't know what to say. By the time the price of the tech comes down it will be cheaper for Nintendo to so they can cut the price. And if Sony launch later just to stand a chance against the 3DS the PSP2 would have to be at least 2X as powerful and that would mean being and that would mean being more expensive and games would cost more to develop. And even then being that close in power they would get lots of multiplats and to go up against Nintendo exclusives they would need at least one FF VII level exclusive in the first year to regain the lead the 3DS will have by then. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Demotruk said:

It's a parody article, this guy is a Nintendo fan. I don't generally agree with his posts but stop calling him a fucking idiot when you haven't even deduced these things from a) his blog's title and b) his blog's general content.

I'll quote Demotruk for everyone who hasn't read him.

Loved the article, it was absolutely brilliant

infamous23 said:

Of course what will really cause Wii's donfall this gen has been their inability to attract the hardcore gamers.  You can talk about how they've sold more than PS3 or 360, but they've still failed to capture anyhere near as large of a percentage of gaming as PS2 did last gen.  And, they wouldn't be doing so well now if only one of the hd consoles existed and was getting all the top games like the PS2 did instead of having the core gamer market split between 360 and PS3. 

the wii in the same time period has sold more sytems than the ps2 by far, and has sold more games than any console EVER.