By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo waves the white flag at E3 2010

irstupid said:
infamous23 said:

Of course what will really cause Wii's donfall this gen has been their inability to attract the hardcore gamers.  You can talk about how they've sold more than PS3 or 360, but they've still failed to capture anyhere near as large of a percentage of gaming as PS2 did last gen.  And, they wouldn't be doing so well now if only one of the hd consoles existed and was getting all the top games like the PS2 did instead of having the core gamer market split between 360 and PS3. 

the wii in the same time period has sold more sytems than the ps2 by far, and has sold more games than any console EVER.

Shhhhhhhh! Those are all facts and logic that people can't have getting out to the public lol  Plus this article is pulling a total Rol on everyone can't go spoiling that

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
infamous23 said:

Most likely (based on evidence from the pricing of their current handhelds) 3DS could carry a $250 to $300 price tag at launch with $50 games (as development for the 3d games would cost more than for normal ds games).

By the time it launches at this price point, Sony could have a model of PS3 out for $199 and a more powerful handheld on the way for roughly the same price as 3ds for the holidays (thinking that the 3DS is adopting technology early into its design while Sony is waiting for some of the same tech to come down in price before incorporating it into their next handheld).

I don't think things are so cut and dried as a lot of Nintendo fans wish for  them to be at the moment.

so you don't expect the old DS' to be dropped in price for the 3DS to sit at the $200 price.

and whats the best way to laugh really loud on the internet to the $200 PS3.  How many years have we been getting people saying "when the PS3 is at $200"   Really when will you get old of saying htat.

So based on past history of Nintendo always having a reasonable price range and wanting to cator to all people (which means low price) they are going to have an expensive 3DS, and then in a year, xmas 2011 the PSP2 is going to be coming out that trumps 3DS in all and at same price, oh and PS3 is now $200 of course.  Great annalysis, you know on how sony hasn't even hinted at new psp, down to $200 is a lot, and of course the whole fact that when has sony released something not expensive?

Killiana1a said:

There may not even be half the market for video games in Japan come 5 years. See this:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601101&sid=azo8REkdtnv0

Hell, Greece's sovereign debt was only 113.4% of its GDP before it ran begging to the EU, the IMF, and Germany for a handout in order to keep its economy from reverting back to the stone ages.  See:

http://www.economist.com/node/15908288?story_id=15908288

It is easy to think Nintendo will trump all, so long as you have your eyes open only to video games. As a matter of fact, Japan's sovereign debt is closely approaching 200% of its Gross Domestic Product (GDP) if you read the Bloomberg article. Meaning for each $100 borrowed to pay for the elderly, the average Japanese worker will have to produce $200 worth of private goods just to keep money flowing into the Japanese Government's coffers.

If Japan's economy crashes because it cannot get it's sovereign debt under control with a rapidly aging and long living average citizen, then Nintendo will have to get Western oriented entirely because it won't have half the market for it's Japanophiliac games such as Yakuza. Otherwise, Nintendo will go the route of Sega where they catered to the Japanese market for too long and got burned in the end.

Ok lets say what you are saying is true, that the japanese market just bombs and not one game ever sells again there.

Why is Nintnedo doomed again?  Even a half assed glance at Nintendo's games sales in America and others will show you that they are selling WAY more than they are in Japan, and selling more than these WESTERN AMERICAN developers games as well.

So how are thier games to catered to the japanese when more non japanese are buying their games than japanese?

@ fewer wii games....Pikmin 3, according to miyamoto is already planned on wii, than in 2011 wii already has zelda,xenoblade,last story, also vitality sensor is still in development....if ever we will see fewer DSi games.

Also I don't see the 3DS as forced to be pushed out...the PSP have a big market share but the DS is anyway the most succesful N console ever and it continues, even now, to sell more than PSP....if ever sony will be forced to push out a new console, since the improved graphics capabilities of 3DS will make developers able to produce complex 3d games that were possible only on PSP till now.

The article is either a demented troll or a brilliant parody.

He found the one supporting quote, found in a Reuters article that comes from an analyst who covers the Internet and Digital Media.

Of course, all this points to the problems with the Internet age. Before, everyone could have an opinion, no matter how unintelligent or ill-informed. Now, everyone can put that opinion out there for everyone to see.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

He just out-rolled rol.

Kynes said:
Demotruk said:

It's a parody article, this guy is a Nintendo fan. I don't generally agree with his posts but stop calling him a fucking idiot when you haven't even deduced these things from a) his blog's title and b) his blog's general content.

I'll quote Demotruk for everyone who hasn't read him.

Yes, because we can all get the title of the blog from the OP...oh wait.

Hold on.

Did someone just rip on Kirby?

Kirby Yarn Brigade Assemble!

twesterm said:
Kynes said:
Demotruk said:

It's a parody article, this guy is a Nintendo fan. I don't generally agree with his posts but stop calling him a fucking idiot when you haven't even deduced these things from a) his blog's title and b) his blog's general content.

I'll quote Demotruk for everyone who hasn't read him.

Yes, because we can all get the title of the blog from the OP...oh wait.

Yes, it's in the link url. "A Viewtiful Mind". And it only takes the slightest bit of effort to click the link, look at his other posts and determine whether it is a parody or not.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Since when did Pachter and Webb start writing articles together?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."