By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Considering 3D For Wii Successor!

Solid_Snake4RD said:

if you want articles go and search urself

i am here to search 2006 old scarce articles for you

its not our problem that you didn't follow the industry and won't teach you history here

what happened was what we told you,now you go and search to provide urself with some proof

stop being a person who says "i didn't say or claim anything but what you said what also not true,i don't know what happened but i don't believe you either".............lmao

If you didn't have anything to support your argument, you could have just admitted it.

Now your reasoning can be dismissed out of hand.

Around the Network
aragod said:
Khuutra said:
aragod said:
Khuutra said:

You'r misrepresenting the argument, here.

Sony is oversooting the market with 3D in the PS3. There's only a few tens of thousands of people who can utilize it. It's analogous to the HD problem with the HD twins, only a couplpe of orders of magnitude worse.

Nintendo is waiting until a 30% adoption rate for 3D-capable displays before making a 3D-centric system. Timing and care in the console space is what separates Nintendo from Sony.

You've misunderstood my post, my point was that pretty much every Nintendo fan here was calling Sony pushing 3D as a silly decision and poor gimmick (which it may be, for all I care), but suddenly when Nintendo announced 3DS and is seriously considering 3D for the next generations, not it's "THE THING".

In other words, we have a nice bunch of hypocrites here without their own oppinion. Next time someone will try to tell me that Wii Party isn't the most embarrasing thing ever announced.

Oh no, I got you the first time. You're wrong, though, because that position isn't hypocrisy. A position itself can't inherently be hypocritical, only reasoning can be.

I hold that Sony's push for 3D on the PS3 (and PS4, if they do that) is stupid, but it's a good move by Nintendo on the 3DS.

3D on a console is an example of continuing to overshoot the market orders of magnitude greater than HD graphics was at the start of this gen, because 3D penetration is orders of magnitude lower. How many people own a 3D-capable TV and a PS3? Fifty thousand? Less? Much less? What is the projected penetration for 3DTVs by the time the next hardware cycle launches in a couple of years? Sony is providing a value incentive that few if any will be able to take advantage of due to prohibitive costs not associated with the system itself. They're tying the success of their 3D push into the adoption rate of 3DTVs before the technology has had time to mature or take hold.

Nintendo's 3D is inherent to the system itself, and requires no investment outside of the system. They are not overshooting the market unless the system itself is prohibitively expensive. More, they are undercutting Sony's initiative by providing a 3D experience for cheaper without the need for extra hardware, in a way that makes the use of 3D glasses look clunky before anyone's even had the attempt to get used to the latter experience. Nintendo's move is smart because it is self-contained, relies only on its ability to push its own hardware and software, and aggressively undermines Sony's effort.

That is why Sony's approach is dumb and Nintendo's is not.

For the record, 3D tech is awesome in general. It is not $4,000 of awesome.

For all the fluff you throw around we are still on different note and you are still missing the only thing I was trying to point out.

So again in a few words and simple sentence, this way it just might get through:

Sony - 3D - gimmick. Nintendo - 3D - awesome.

I'm not talking about business strategy, proper time to deploy given technology to masses, the right way to do it. Or which company's approach is dumb and which is smart. But the general idea that 3D was a gimmick, till Nintendo said it's in their future.

But you are right, I've used hypocrisy in the wrong context, as the correct word there would be simply fanboy.

I've never seen anybody state such a simplified argument as 'Sony 3D = bad, Nintendo 3D = good (or vice versa)' whilst ignoring all other factors. For one, they are different types of 3D. The Nintendo 3D is done without the need for a TV costing thousands of dollars/pounds, or glasses that cost hundreds of dollars/pounds, never mind the console which itself is still pushing $300. In terms of overall cost, the Nintendo approach could be much less than 10% of the price of the Sony approach. Maybe even less than 5%, we don't know yet.

Do you not think it is fair to say that a cheap approach to 3D is a better way to do it than having a massive initial financial outlay? And does suggesting such a thing equate to saying Sony's 3D is 'bad'? It doesn't to me. It's just being realistic.

VGChartz

Khuutra said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

if you want articles go and search urself

i am here to search 2006 old scarce articles for you

its not our problem that you didn't follow the industry and won't teach you history here

what happened was what we told you,now you go and search to provide urself with some proof

stop being a person who says "i didn't say or claim anything but what you said what also not true,i don't know what happened but i don't believe you either".............lmao

If you didn't have anything to support your argument, you could have just admitted it.

you didn't have anything to dissmiss it either

and BLU-RAY battle is so familiar with everybody following gaming and on this forum that you don't need to prove it

its just you that is like in grade 1 and doesn't know anything,and because you are a special case you need to find a proof usrself

Khuutra said:
aragod said:

For all the fluff you throw around we are still on different note and you are still missing the only thing I was trying to point out.

So again in a few words and simple sentence, this way it just might get through:

I'm not talking about business strategy, proper time to deploy given technology to masses, the right way to do it. Or which company's approach is dumb and which is smart. But the general idea that 3D was a gimmick, till Nintendo said it's in their future.

But you are right, I've used hypocrisy in the wrong context, as the correct word there would be simply fanboy.

Show me the people who decried one as a gimmick and then praised the other out the other side of their mouths. After you do that, I' still going ot remind you that you are generalizing.

Now, which perspective comes down to "fanboy", here? Individuals who say gimmick and then awesome would be hypocrites.

I'm not going to pick up individuals as I can't be bothered to go back and search the forums, writing down names, I'll just generalize... The "voice" of the "masses" of Nintendo fans here made U-turn after the announcement.

I'm not sure if hypocrite is the right word for this situation, as we are talking individuals who's mind is easily swayed by propaganda, it's closer to religious fanatic, worshiping his diety in the presence of business company. So I think that fanboy would be the correct term.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

3D Wii is the new HD Wii

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Khuutra said:

you didn't have anything to dissmiss it either

and BLU-RAY battle is so familiar with everybody following gaming and on this forum that you don't need to prove it

its just you that is like in grade 1 and doesn't know anything,and because you are a special case you need to find a proof usrself

Sorry, but calling for negative proof is a logical fallacy; if you want to use the statement that studios support Blu-Ray because of the PS3, you need to use proof, because that statement is not intuitive - nor is it true, to the best of my limited knowledge.

It would take you thirty seconds with Google, if such reasonign was ever put forth. I am willing to bet, however, that you are pulling this idea out of your ass, and will continue to do so.

aragod said:
Khuutra said:

Show me the people who decried one as a gimmick and then praised the other out the other side of their mouths. After you do that, I' still going ot remind you that you are generalizing.

Now, which perspective comes down to "fanboy", here? Individuals who say gimmick and then awesome would be hypocrites.

I'm not going to pick up individuals as I can't be bothered to go back and search the forums, writing down names, I'll just generalize... The "voice" of the "masses" of Nintendo fans here made U-turn after the announcement.

I'm not sure if hypocrite is the right word for this situation, as we are talking individuals who's mind is easily swayed by propaganda, it's closer to religious fanatic, worshiping his diety in the presence of business company. So I think that fanboy would be the correct term.

You have no basis on which to make this statement. Sorry.

Khuutra said:
CrazyHorse said:

Isn't Sony providing the content though by producing 3D blockbuster games?

The business positions of Sony and Nintendo with regards to 3D are completely uncomparable, they are very different companies with very different objectives. Nintendo can afford to 'wait it out' on the 3D market where as Sony have wider implications than simply the success of SCE to consider.

You are right on the second part, but I'm not sure that Sony's content initiative is going to work here unless they're willing to cripple the Playstation brand again for several more years.

why would they cripple PLAYSTATION BRAND

they crippled it because of BLU-RAY's high price but 3D can be done as it is without extra high cost

milkyjoe said:
aragod said:
Khuutra said:
aragod said:
Khuutra said:

You'r misrepresenting the argument, here.

Sony is oversooting the market with 3D in the PS3. There's only a few tens of thousands of people who can utilize it. It's analogous to the HD problem with the HD twins, only a couplpe of orders of magnitude worse.

Nintendo is waiting until a 30% adoption rate for 3D-capable displays before making a 3D-centric system. Timing and care in the console space is what separates Nintendo from Sony.

You've misunderstood my post, my point was that pretty much every Nintendo fan here was calling Sony pushing 3D as a silly decision and poor gimmick (which it may be, for all I care), but suddenly when Nintendo announced 3DS and is seriously considering 3D for the next generations, not it's "THE THING".

In other words, we have a nice bunch of hypocrites here without their own oppinion. Next time someone will try to tell me that Wii Party isn't the most embarrasing thing ever announced.

Oh no, I got you the first time. You're wrong, though, because that position isn't hypocrisy. A position itself can't inherently be hypocritical, only reasoning can be.

I hold that Sony's push for 3D on the PS3 (and PS4, if they do that) is stupid, but it's a good move by Nintendo on the 3DS.

3D on a console is an example of continuing to overshoot the market orders of magnitude greater than HD graphics was at the start of this gen, because 3D penetration is orders of magnitude lower. How many people own a 3D-capable TV and a PS3? Fifty thousand? Less? Much less? What is the projected penetration for 3DTVs by the time the next hardware cycle launches in a couple of years? Sony is providing a value incentive that few if any will be able to take advantage of due to prohibitive costs not associated with the system itself. They're tying the success of their 3D push into the adoption rate of 3DTVs before the technology has had time to mature or take hold.

Nintendo's 3D is inherent to the system itself, and requires no investment outside of the system. They are not overshooting the market unless the system itself is prohibitively expensive. More, they are undercutting Sony's initiative by providing a 3D experience for cheaper without the need for extra hardware, in a way that makes the use of 3D glasses look clunky before anyone's even had the attempt to get used to the latter experience. Nintendo's move is smart because it is self-contained, relies only on its ability to push its own hardware and software, and aggressively undermines Sony's effort.

That is why Sony's approach is dumb and Nintendo's is not.

For the record, 3D tech is awesome in general. It is not $4,000 of awesome.

I've never seen anybody state such a simplified argument as 'Sony 3D = bad, Nintendo 3D = good (or vice versa)' whilst ignoring all other factors. For one, they are different types of 3D. The Nintendo 3D is done without the need for a TV costing thousands of dollars/pounds, or glasses that cost hundreds of dollars/pounds, never mind the console which itself is still pushing $300. In terms of overall cost, the Nintendo approach could be much less than 10% of the price of the Sony approach. Maybe even less than 5%, we don't know yet.

Do you not think it is fair to say that a cheap approach to 3D is a better way to do it than having a massive initial financial outlay? And does suggesting such a thing equate to saying Sony's 3D is 'bad'? It doesn't to me. It's just being realistic.

You took the wrong impression from my post, that debate started on a completly different post and had nothing to do with the types of 3D or what not. Also I'm not talking about 3DS, but the "TV" 3D that Nintendo want's to adapt in the future for their home console.

So again and hopefuly for the last time:

It was about the general reception of the idea and it's change amongst many after it was announced by their favourite company.

I don't know how else to put it, maybe I'm just having problem translating my idea into english.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Khuutra said:
aragod said:
Khuutra said:

You have no basis on which to make this statement. Sorry.

And you have no basis to prove that my argument is lacking. Either one of us will have to do the research to prove the other he is wrong and neither of us is going to do it. But that doesn't mean you are right.