By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Gamespot disabled Kane and Lynch user reviews

well honestly the game is quite crappy anyways so between the firing and the game just sucking I can see why anyone would give it a 1.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Eh, as long as people don't go CRAZY because Gamespot censored user reviews! oh teh noes!

It makes sense, as they're not really trying to review the game, they're just giving it the lowest score out of spite.

Gamespot does still suck though, so whatever.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Hahaha!!! This is like the fall of Digg all over again!

Gamespot is gonna lose a lot of credibility. Silencing the masses is bad pr and we don't live in a totalitarian society last time I checked. What is this 1984?

Its bad overall but since the reviews were 1's simply as a revenge tactic it seems appropriate in this case ONLY.

Around the Network

Lol, I remember when ebaum pissed off YTMND. That was a good time. The entirety of YTMND, Fark, Something Awful, and GameFAQs went and pretty much melted eBaum's severs. They had to re-vamp their entire message board layout after that incident.

Yea, GameSpot, don't piss off the internet. You can't win.

Astrodust said:
Gamespot is gonna lose a lot of credibility. Silencing the masses is bad pr and we don't live in a totalitarian society last time I checked. What is this 1984?
I think you are confusing Gamespot with the government.  Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC have all been caught actively censoring using generated content about Ron Paul, also.  I am sure this kind of stuff happens from time to time.   The media is owned by private companies and they are allowed to censor stuff.  Sometimes the government makes them censor stuff, and that would be like 1984.  But this has nothing to do with the government. 

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

3000 user reviews? They may have stopped that, but all the angry nerds will just find another way to attack.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

eab said:
Yea, GameSpot, don't piss off the internet. You can't win.

So true - I mentioned it a few posts up in the thread, but how many of you remember this?

finalsquall said:
leo-j said:
gamespot sucks.

Ummm, no they don't. On the spot is a great show and their live coverage is awesome. It's just a bad situation they are in

Yes they do , especillay now . Im a registered user there for more than 2 years now , and I use it for nearly 4 years , and all that I can say , is that they suck at this time . No , they catually suck for more than a year now . They ban people for nothing , delete reviews , have no coverege except for the 360 , and their reviews are literaly bad lately , short , and tell you nothing ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!