By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Any info on Conduit 2?

There are no drivable vehicles.

Around the Network
psychoBrew said:

There are no drivable vehicles.

They said there MIGHT be

Yeah.  They are testing their viability right now.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

One of the developers who is actually working on Conduit 2 said there will be no drivable vehicles.

psychoBrew said:

One of the developers who is actually working on Conduit 2 said there will be no drivable vehicles.

Well me and Viper are both in media. Viper has talked to Bill Sullivan the lead tech designer and he has said that there's a possibility vehicles could be in it.

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.

Around the Network

"Direct feed video and trailers are handled by SEGA. Drivable vehicles are a no go. We are an FPS." (posted by HVS Tony at 6:57am on June 21, 2010)

Tony, I believe, is the lead animator of Conduit 2 (or perhaps the only one).  So we have conflicting statements between the lead technical designer and the Conduit 2 animator.

From previous comments by Tony (on other forums), the physics for vehicles had not been created.  Perhaps we don't get to drive the vehicles?  Still, I would love to be proven wrong, especially if it meant some epic spaceship battles.  On the other hand, if vehicles are included, it might mean the game gets delayed and I'm afraid they'd feel tacked on instead of an integral part of the game since it wasn't planned for in the beggining.

I do really want vehicles though.  That, and evade mechanics (such as roll left/right).

Well some new information i just found says that there might be vehicles on specific maps. http://nintendo-okie.com/2010/06/21/conduit-2-more-multiplayer-details/ 

I think that Bill Sullivan just let the cat out of the bag too early.

@ psychobrew: if vehicles are included i don't think they'll feel tacked on as they would only be used in specific maps, like new maps that they have designed specifically with vehicles in mind.

- Conduit 2 will allow for remote patches to fix online issues
- ships with a headset
- chat actively in the gameplay lobby before matches, during the matches themselves, and in-between setup for matches that follow
- SCAR semi-automatic rifle has secondary charge side effect that allows you to be invisible on radar
- perk system akin to Modern Warfare
- may see vehicles in specific multiplayer maps
- short downtime between online matches
- alternate fire for TPC launcher: sticky proximity mines
- 30 suit upgrades
- weapon blueprints (for unlocking weapons in multiplayer mode)
- Conspiracy items which unlock background materials
- Teammates can revive you if you die
- Expose enemy weakspots by blasting off helmets and armor
- DLC still in discussion

In my opinion Twilight Princess is better than Ocarina of t... * gets shot *

1st trailer !!!

it's off screen but its decent quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWMVdK5FXo4

Cant seem to embed youtube vids, everything else works though ... anyone know why ?

In my opinion Twilight Princess is better than Ocarina of t... * gets shot *

L1nkToTheFuture said:

Well some new information i just found says that there might be vehicles on specific maps. http://nintendo-okie.com/2010/06/21/conduit-2-more-multiplayer-details/ 

I think that Bill Sullivan just let the cat out of the bag too early.

@ psychobrew: if vehicles are included i don't think they'll feel tacked on as they would only be used in specific maps, like new maps that they have designed specifically with vehicles in mind.

- Conduit 2 will allow for remote patches to fix online issues
- ships with a headset
- chat actively in the gameplay lobby before matches, during the matches themselves, and in-between setup for matches that follow
- SCAR semi-automatic rifle has secondary charge side effect that allows you to be invisible on radar
- perk system akin to Modern Warfare
- may see vehicles in specific multiplayer maps
- short downtime between online matches
- alternate fire for TPC launcher: sticky proximity mines
- 30 suit upgrades
- weapon blueprints (for unlocking weapons in multiplayer mode)
- Conspiracy items which unlock background materials
- Teammates can revive you if you die
- Expose enemy weakspots by blasting off helmets and armor
- DLC still in discussion

Wow for a small dev these guys sure are ambitious.    Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Hope the competition here makes Goldeneye step up their game.  Heck CoD:BO too.