By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could anyone really kill Nintendo?

johnsobas said:
Joelcool7 said:

I remember during the GameCube era lots of people said that Sony was going to kill Nintendo. Today Nintendo doesn't even consider Sony its primary competition instead naming Apple its new competitor. So if the PS2 couldn't kill Sony infact Nintendo turned the largest profit out of the three during the GCN era I believe. So with PSP dead in the water to DS and 3DS on its way Sony seems to have thrown in the towel for the handheld market.

Could anyone really bring down Nintendo now, what are they worth like 8-billion by now. Even if they managed to loose like 3-generations in a row at Microsoft or Sega's losses 500-mill a generation, then it would take 16-generations to kill Nintendo.

I think Nintendo is invincible they are the greatest game company on earth as shown by this weeks E3. Could anybody ever truly take on Nintendo? Can anyone even call themselves a worthy competitor of Nintendo. I mean seriously while Sony looses money on every unit sold and so does Microsoft usually for years after their consoles hit the market Nintendo has never lost a dime on their hardware.

Can anyone compete with Nintendo and actually give them a run for their money or will Nintendo be around 300-years from now?

no way, even in the gamecube gen you are talking about Nintendo made more profit than Sony in games.  The gamecube was sold at a profit, it sold lots of 1st party software, GBA and DS made tons of money, and Sony's strategy with the PS2 was not as good as the PS1.  Sony WAS making Nintendo like profits in the PS1 gen when their strategy was not be the most powerful and not to be a loss leader. 

As long as Nintendo has their core base they can never be defeated.  First party titles alone asure this, and with the sales they get from the 1st party sales they will get a bunch of multiplat titles as well.  For Sony to beat Nintendo they would have to make such good software that people didn't care about Nintendo's first party titles.

Nintendo has such a huge war chest they can afford to have a few bad gens as well.

SONY was making Nintendo like profit in the PS2 era too but they had alot of R&D and other stuff going on

why do you think in 2005 when PS2 was at peak,they had a major dip in profit?- it was because they were working on CELL and blu-ray for the PS3 and the PSP push

also just don't look at SONY's PLAYSTATION division itself as alot of what PLAYSTATION 2 and PS3 did benefit alot of SONY's other department

like most  what SONY's other divisions are profiting because of BLU-RAY are because of PS3's inclusion of the blu-ray drive

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
johnsobas said:
Joelcool7 said:

I remember during the GameCube era lots of people said that Sony was going to kill Nintendo. Today Nintendo doesn't even consider Sony its primary competition instead naming Apple its new competitor. So if the PS2 couldn't kill Sony infact Nintendo turned the largest profit out of the three during the GCN era I believe. So with PSP dead in the water to DS and 3DS on its way Sony seems to have thrown in the towel for the handheld market.

Could anyone really bring down Nintendo now, what are they worth like 8-billion by now. Even if they managed to loose like 3-generations in a row at Microsoft or Sega's losses 500-mill a generation, then it would take 16-generations to kill Nintendo.

I think Nintendo is invincible they are the greatest game company on earth as shown by this weeks E3. Could anybody ever truly take on Nintendo? Can anyone even call themselves a worthy competitor of Nintendo. I mean seriously while Sony looses money on every unit sold and so does Microsoft usually for years after their consoles hit the market Nintendo has never lost a dime on their hardware.

Can anyone compete with Nintendo and actually give them a run for their money or will Nintendo be around 300-years from now?

no way, even in the gamecube gen you are talking about Nintendo made more profit than Sony in games.  The gamecube was sold at a profit, it sold lots of 1st party software, GBA and DS made tons of money, and Sony's strategy with the PS2 was not as good as the PS1.  Sony WAS making Nintendo like profits in the PS1 gen when their strategy was not be the most powerful and not to be a loss leader. 

As long as Nintendo has their core base they can never be defeated.  First party titles alone asure this, and with the sales they get from the 1st party sales they will get a bunch of multiplat titles as well.  For Sony to beat Nintendo they would have to make such good software that people didn't care about Nintendo's first party titles.

Nintendo has such a huge war chest they can afford to have a few bad gens as well.

SONY was making Nintendo like profit in the PS2 era too but they had alot of R&D and other stuff going on

why do you think in 2005 when PS2 was at peak,they had a major dip in profit?- it was because they were working on CELL and blu-ray for the PS3 and the PSP push

also just don't look at SONY's PLAYSTATION division itself as alot of what PLAYSTATION 2 and PS3 did benefit alot of SONY's other department

like most  what SONY's other divisions are profiting because of BLU-RAY are because of PS3's inclusion of the blu-ray drive

Dude. You keep making these claims about Sony and their profit. Show some numbers to back up your statements. Don't talk out of your ass.

tehsage said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
johnsobas said:
Joelcool7 said:

Dude. You keep making these claims about Sony and their profit. Show some numbers to back up your statements. Don't talk out of your ass.

Dude, you should already know that he doesn't need evidence to whay he says.... since you don't have evidence to prove the opposite, it's all good for him

OT I know someone who can kill Nintendo....

tehsage said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
johnsobas said:
Joelcool7 said:

what numbers do you wanna know

i am telling why SONY's profits are shown to be down

SONY had so much R&D going on

you really think with the Software of 1.6 BILLION games sold for PS2,they would have made money in royalties more than Nintendo and the amount they were making on hardware

just anwser to me why did  SONY's PLAYSTATION profits dipped in 2005 even with the blockbusters like GT4,SAN ANDREAS,MGS3,etc

Perhaps people should provide statistics when making claims, that will help in the future for sure.

Sig? SIG?!

Around the Network
gamrone said:

Perhaps people should provide statistics when making claims, that will help in the future for sure.

u can't bring statistics for everything to prove

like saying that PS3 would have sold more if it would have been priced lower,SOME people want PROOF for that too

Mother Nature will end up killing Nintendo.

The day Shigeru Miyamoto will die.

Hynad said:

Mother Nature will end up killing Nintendo.

The day Shigeru Miyamoto will die.

I can't imagine Nintendo without Iwata and Miyamoto :(

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Solid_Snake4RD said:

you really think with the Software of 1.6 BILLION games sold for PS2,they would have made money in royalties more than Nintendo and the amount they were making on hardware

just anwser to me why did  SONY's PLAYSTATION profits dipped in 2005 even with the blockbusters like GT4,SAN ANDREAS,MGS3,etc

And Nintendo was also undergoing  R & D at that time yet still managed to make a lot of profit.  So what is your point?  

Sony:  Massive profits, massive R & D costs, PS3 still lost to the Wii.

Nintendo:  Massive profits, controlled R & D costs, developed to DS and Wii to disrupt Sony.

DrJay said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

And Nintendo was also undergoing  R & D at that time yet still managed to make a lot of profit.  So what is your point?  

Sony:  Massive profits, massive R & D costs, PS3 still lost to the Wii.

Nintendo:  Massive profits, controlled R & D costs, developed to DS and Wii to disrupt Sony.

so you are saying Wii R&D costs as much as CELL $400m budget and the extra BLU-RAY?

Sony:  Massive profits, massive R & D costs, PS3 still lost to the Wii for future profits from PS4 and blu-ray royalties

Nintendo:  Massive profits, controlled R & D costs,Wii got alot of help from PS3 high pricing