By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New GT5 screens released: 1080p 3D confirmed

Way to drop the ball Polyphony...

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
disolitude said:
leo-j said:
disolitude said:

lol...where did you read this? 1080p in 3D part...

I'll bet your right now digital foundry finds it otherwise when it comes out.

Otherwise the game does look fabulous....

from polyphony, they said it's going to be running 3D at 1080p resolution.

I'm sure they will find something different, since 1080P 3D is really hard to do

Yeah, thats a very general statement. Avatar was 3D and 1080p as well. 720p per eye...but 1080p in total. It just doesn't seem technically possible for it to be 2160P and look that good (on PS3)...thats 1080p per eye. :)

I don't want to take anything away from this game though even if its not 1080p 3D. It looks absolutely fantastic...

it should atleast be 1080p in 2d

Solid_Snake4RD said:

Yes, that would be an accomplishemnt for a console.

People put a lot of emphasis on resolution but even if it isn't 1080p...its not any worse of a game. Gameplay is king and 60 fps is a must for car games.

disolitude said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

Yes, that would be an accomplishemnt for a console.

People put a lot of emphasis on resolution but even if it isn't 1080p...its not any worse of a game. Gameplay is king and 60 fps is a must for car games.

yes

but 1080p would be great on a console

also GT5 could be played on a big screen then  with the same quality

If I get it, 2D 1080p60's fine for me. Don't see how 3D helps the experience for this game.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Prologue is 1080P, sure. 1280 by 1080 2xMSAA or 1280 by 720 4xMSAA. I'll have to wait for confirmation of this because it doesn't logically make sense unless they've unlocked a second Cell processor or something. 1280 by 1080 in 3D would be quite a considerable leap in itself.

Tease.

Squilliam said:

Prologue is 1080P, sure. 1280 by 1080 2xMSAA or 1280 by 720 4xMSAA. I'll have to wait for confirmation of this because it doesn't logically make sense unless they've unlocked a second Cell processor or something. 1280 by 1080 in 3D would be quite a considerable leap in itself.

prologue is 1280 by 1080

they can easily do 1080p full HD 1080 x1920 but expense and time is alot for such a detailed game

hope GT5 is 1080p FULL HD

Machina said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Machina said:

Any in-game gameplay shots released? You know... the stuff we end up seeing when actually playing :S

So you want to see tarmac and barriers instead of the painstakingly detailed cars and tracks in all their glory? I can never understand comment like this.

Well I always race in 3rd person camera mode (although in GT5:P I spent a lot of time using the cockpit view because it was so impressive), so less tarmac and more cars. Imo, genuine screenshots will be more attractive than bullshots like these anyway because it's the real deal. So yeah, I want to see what I'm actually going to be playing.

Well.. in my experience with GT PSP, you spend about half the time racing, and half the time watching replays marvelling at how amazing everything looks

More on topic, yeah, it looks lovely but I don't really care about 3D unless you are going to give me £3,000 to get a top of the range TV, having bought a lovely new HDTV 2 years ago

leo-j said:

here's some "HD" gameplay

http://e3.g4tv.com/videos/46699/E3-2010-Live-Gran-Turismo-5-Demo-with-Kazunori-Yamauchi/?quality=hd

You didn't mention the translator is back!!! I've missed him from last year

Having said that, it would probably have been much better if they had got a representitive who spoke English and knew about the game so they could have had the interview in half the time

As long as it looks and play well i could careless about the actual numbers.