By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - All is not lost for MS fanboys

Your entire premise is wrong. The fact you talk about existing 360 owners means you missed the point of M$ E3 altogether. 

As a core gamer, I'm more than happy with the 9 exclusive core games they had for the next 9 months. 

Around the Network
ninty3ds said:

yeah, kinect is a bad idea on so many levels...

- 360 crowd is young hardcore gamers (especially shooters fans), the exact opposite of the Wii crowd... They're risking losing them a lot quicker than they gain a new crowd...

And the PS3 crowd is what exactly?  The whole point of this is to expand their core userbase, not to replace it.

ninty3ds said:

- 150 ms lag reported (vs 22 ms on move) : which serious game can you play with 150 ms lag ??

If you watched the Sony Move demo the lag was almost exactly the same as Kinect, 22ms is just the internal processing.  Watch the golf demo and tell me there isn't a delay from when he swings to when you see it happen on screen.

Also, Killzone 2 has 150ms lag (with a controller!) and as far as I've heard people were able to play it.

Proof: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-lag-factor-article

ninty3ds said:

- 150 $ seriously, nobody will buy it at that price ? Not me, not my friends either, not my mother.

The price is rumoured and as you've already been told in this thread but chose to ignore, if you don't have a PS Eye camera already then Move will already cost you almost as much ($130) for 1 person and significantly more if you want to play with friends.

ninty3ds said:

- every game is a "Wii Too". Kinectimals = Nintendogs / Eyepet, Kinect Sports = Wii Sports, dancing games and so on...

Sony Move launch titles - EyePet = Nintendogs / Sports Champions = Wii Sports / Singstar Dance etc

ninty3ds said:

- zero core game (of course there is NO core experience you can make without controller... don't start me on faking a wheel with your hands on Forza, you know the precision is ZERO... 150 ms lag would kill it anyway)

Fable III will be Kinect enabled, it just wasn't shown.  It's still really early, dev kits were only sent out a year ago.  They will come.

ninty3ds said:

- you must stand up while using it (what were they thinking ? who doesn't sit when he plays or watches movies ? lol)

It just doesn't work. It's a pure financial suicide from MS point, seriously.

Already confirmed as BS by Microsoft.

From Aaron Greenburgs Twitter - "@hasanahmad @sixokay Yes you can sit or stand with Kinect, depends on the game or experience."

Seriously, your trolling needs work.  Try harder!

daroamer said:
ninty3ds said:

- 360 crowd is young hardcore gamers (especially shooters fans), the exact opposite of the Wii crowd... They're risking losing them a lot quicker than they gain a new crowd...

And the PS3 crowd is what exactly?  The whole point of this is to expand their core userbase, not to replace it.

ninty3ds said:

- 150 ms lag reported (vs 22 ms on move) : which serious game can you play with 150 ms lag ??

If you watched the Sony Move demo the lag was almost exactly the same as Kinect, 22ms is just the internal processing.  Watch the golf demo and tell me there isn't a delay from when he swings to when you see it happen on screen.

Also, Killzone 2 has 150ms lag (with a controller!) and as far as I've heard people were able to play it.

ninty3ds said:

- 150 $ seriously, nobody will buy it at that price ? Not me, not my friends either, not my mother.

The price is rumoured and as you've already been told in this thread but chose to ignore, if you don't have a PS Eye camera already then Move will already cost you almost as much ($130) for 1 person and significantly more if you want to play with friends.

ninty3ds said:

- every game is a "Wii Too". Kinectimals = Nintendogs / Eyepet, Kinect Sports = Wii Sports, dancing games and so on...

Sony Move launch titles - EyePet = Nintendogs / Sports Champions = Wii Sports / Singstar Dance etc

ninty3ds said:

- zero core game (of course there is NO core experience you can make without controller... don't start me on faking a wheel with your hands on Forza, you know the precision is ZERO... 150 ms lag would kill it anyway)

Fable III will be Kinect enabled, it just wasn't shown.  It's still really early, dev kits were only sent out a year ago.  They will come.

ninty3ds said:

- you must stand up while using it (what were they thinking ? who doesn't sit when he plays or watches movies ? lol)

From Aaron Greenburgs Twitter - "@hasanahmad @sixokay Yes you can sit or stand with Kinect, depends on the game or experience."

Man, how come all your rebuttals are just "well sony did it too". It's not a sony vs. microsoft thing. It's just a criticism of microsoft....and I wouldn't take an evasively worded tweet as confirmation that Kinect does indeed work flawlessly if you're sitting. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

blaydcor said:
daroamer said:
ninty3ds said:

ninty3ds said:

ninty3ds said:

ninty3ds said:

ninty3ds said:

ninty3ds said:

Man, how come all your rebuttals are just "well sony did it too". It's not a sony vs. microsoft thing. It's just a criticism of microsoft....and I wouldn't take an evasively worded tweet as confirmation that Kinect does indeed work flawlessly if you're sitting. 

How was that tweet in the least bit evasive?

Fable III has nothing to do with Sony, Killzone 2 was an example of a game that is playable with 150ms latency.  If you read his other posts you would see he was often comparing Move to Kinect including one of the points I responded to.  I'm simply turning the tables since he's obviously ignoring facts to try and troll MS.

I agree with the idea that boxing for natal would be epic. Oh, and they could make it so it's easier to navigate through xbox's dashboard. Anywho, I hope its cheap...

Around the Network

I am very very suprised Microsoft didnt have a cornerstone title for Natal/Kinect.

Seriously, it is very strange. It would be perfect for an exclusive RTS, Halo Wars 2 maybe.... anything.

The technology is good and it does not have to be tied to casual titles, Microsoft must understand this, right?  ... , right?

Anyways, the way it follows your face around the room is pretty cool.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

MS fully understands that the tech needs to be accessible to as broad an audience as possible. Fable 3 is said to have Kinect support so I wouldn't be surprised if they start announcing exclusives that have the feature.

dumbo said:

I guess this should be posted here as this doesn't seem to be widely reported at the moment...

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1099085p1.html

E3 2010: Five Concerns about Kinect

#3:

"Right now, Kinect only works when you stand. This includes menu navigation. All the cool options to grab a slider and advance through frames of a movie you are watching only work when you are on your feet. Kinect, we've been told, has problems handling your skeletal frame while sitting. The voice commands still work, but every game we've seen and even simple menu navigation have to be done with you out of your seat. That's not exactly how I want to watch my movies. If the focus for Kinect is creating games like Dance Central that naturally would require you to be off your couch, that's great. But I have to say, no one thinks "I am driving a car!" while standing up in their living room."

DEBUNKED

Tease.

ninty3ds said:

True! Hannah Montana PSP bundle was the end for the PSP.

I heard that Killzone 2 was very playable and so was GTA IV and many other titles.

Kevin Butler was very nice to tell you the price of the Kinect peripheral when he came back from the future, pew pew!

Don't work up too much of a sweat trying to tell them apart.

Didn't you get the memo? Casual is the new core.

Mistakes do happen. Obviously Microsoft employees were so excited by Kinect that they never managed to sit down and use it.

Thats ok. In my opinion the PS2 didn't work as a gaming machine and that managed to sell over 100M.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
ninty3ds said:

True! Hannah Montana PSP bundle was the end for the PSP.

I heard that Killzone 2 was very playable and so was GTA IV and many other titles.

Kevin Butler was very nice to tell you the price of the Kinect peripheral when he came back from the future, pew pew!

Don't work up too much of a sweat trying to tell them apart.

Didn't you get the memo? Casual is the new core.

Mistakes do happen. Obviously Microsoft employees were so excited by Kinect that they never managed to sit down and use it.

Thats ok. In my opinion the PS2 didn't work as a gaming machine and that managed to sell over 100M.

Yeah i guess i can see the draw of Kinect, it looks cool and it seems like fun for kids and families. and lets be honest M$ are targetting Nintendos market because their losing ground to the PS3. and maybe it will be super successful, maybe it could ruin the wii dominace.

but lets face it motion control has been done and nintendo pretty much stole the show with the 3DS. so will people pay for something they can get cheaper (wii) or already have (wii) for a device that dosent have any 3rd party support at the moment and 15 games that are very simmilar to games on the wii. i think people will instead decide to spend their money on 3DS which is the next big thing.