By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - All is not lost for MS fanboys

up to 8 people can play simultaneously using Kinect. 150$(even though IT WASN'T CONFIRMED)

i would like to point out that all Move games require 2 controlers(either 2 sticks or Move and Sub) there wasn't a single title that would be using only one stick. even that bundled game require it - 1 Move support was tackled on from what we saw and it basically is just dumbed down 2stick controls. so 100$ for Move bundle 50$ for second Move 30$ for Sub and additionally 100$ per every another person.

i still don't get why people think MS conference was bad. 40 minutes of pure core games, about 10 minutes of ESPN and new 360 and about 45 minutes of Kinect where they showed whole thing, quick walkthrough through its features, new dashboard, videochat, demoed few really good and interesting games etc. how was that bad?

Around the Network

I heard that the new ones will have a $199 model.  I would consider getting it if the disc scratching issue is taken care of and it has a harddrive of any size.

TomasPL said:

up to 8 people can play simultaneously using Kinect. 150$(even though IT WASN'T CONFIRMED)

i would like to point out that all Move games require 2 controlers(either 2 sticks or Move and Sub) there wasn't a single title that would be using only one stick. even that bundled game require it - 1 Move support was tackled on from what we saw and it basically is just dumbed down 2stick controls. so 100$ for Move bundle 50$ for second Move 30$ for Sub and additionally 100$ per every another person.

i still don't get why people think MS conference was bad. 40 minutes of pure core games, about 10 minutes of ESPN and new 360 and about 45 minutes of Kinect where they showed whole thing, quick walkthrough through its features, new dashboard, videochat, demoed few really good and interesting games etc. how was that bad?

I think its actully been confirmed that connect only supports 2 people similtanously.

Condor1980 said:

Pitiful for Microsoft at E3. As usual trying to hype up a mediocre add on. No games to make people go wow I want a 360. It's just a dead system. This E3 for Microsoft has been highlighted for me by the lack of anything decent but these kind of shows do tend to mean they have a new system in the works. Slim 360 wont move anything stellar. Kinect is overhyped (as usual with microsoft no prices) and over priced and the videos do show what most people already knew that Microsoft really donot have the experience or skill to make games on a par with Nintendo. Altogether this was depressing for Microsoft owners and really does highlight how much of a rut Microsoft are in in every aspect of their company. I may be wrong but i do think having to compete is not a strong area of Microsoft after all they are better at taking over companies than having to compete with them. As they are competing with two massive companies in this area they just don't have what it takes. I believe this is the start of a downwards spiral out of the videogame market for microsoft. Having played Kinect I can say it is ok but if you were frustrated with the wiimote lag in fast situations, you'll hate Kinect. Notice how Microsoft love to see people do relatively slow actions as it responds better but come faster movements, it's criminally lagged. But nooo they won't let you see this!! Anyway I tell people to go over try it and make sure you do faster actions then sit back and let the hype sink in then forget about it. Now just for Sony to rethink their 3DTV strategy, after seeing the 3DS I think another area that will be seen as bloated is the 3DTV market. Glasses? That's so yester year!

Wall of text, anyway Kinect might not look so hype, but i willing to bet that it will do better than move. And Halo: Reach and Gears 3 alone was better than Sonys whole line up of exclusives at this E3 but w/e dying system yeye it will outsell PS3 for the rest of the year now after the "price drop".

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Lord Flashheart said:

Turning the console into a wii? Erm guys this is about Kinect not move.

you mean PSeye. no difference that i've seen?

No move, the PSeye is one part of it. It's like the wii which i believe everyone is talking about.

Around the Network
ninty3ds said:
Squilliam said:
ninty3ds said:
A203D said:
Squilliam said:

ninty3ds said:

yeah, kinect is a bad idea on so many levels...

- 360 crowd is young hardcore gamers (especially shooters fans), the exact opposite of the Wii crowd... They're risking losing them a lot quicker than they gain a new crowd...

True! Hannah Montana PSP bundle was the end for the PSP.

No, because Sony has a lot of 1st party studios.

Unlike MS. Hence Kinect games were then end of core games, like you could see at E3 : only Gears 27 and Halo 12, nothing else.

Rare is busy making Kinect games, so is every MS 1st party.

So what?

So you got nothing from MS 1st party except dance and animals games. Quite a problem for core gamers like, I don't know, everybody on this forum.

If that's what you like, fair enough. Your tastes changed I guess.

- 150 ms lag reported (vs 22 ms on move) : which serious game can you play with 150 ms lag ??

I heard that Killzone 2 was very playable and so was GTA IV and many other titles.

The difference is Kinect games are not FPS, they're party games where fun depends a lot more on the lack of lag.

I've been booted from servers with a latency of 120-150ms. The reverse is true.

Such a lag kills nearly every party / action game they can invent actually, but maybe it's still playable...

- 150 $ seriously, nobody will buy it at that price ? Not me, not my friends either, not my mother.

Kevin Butler was very nice to tell you the price of the Kinect peripheral when he came back from the future, pew pew!

Not hard really, go check on every site, it's 150$. Try harder.

Microsoft is announcing the price at Gamescom along with their Core Kinect lineup. Im happy to wait until then. The fact that they were able to keep Xbox 360 S a secret until the conferrence makes the $149 look like a place holder price. I've seen cost breakdowns at less than $40 for Kinect.

I really doubt 40$ will be the price, 150$ looks a lot more "real" to me but fair enough, let's wait and see.

- every game is a "Wii Too". Kinectimals = Nintendogs / Eyepet, Kinect Sports = Wii Sports, dancing games and so on...

Don't work up too much of a sweat trying to tell them apart.

It's easy to see the difference. Wii games are better and they were there 4 years ago.

Wii is a success, Kinect is a failure, so it's quite easy to see the difference, you're right.

Present tense for a future product. You're dazzling me with your intelligence.

So do you with your new love for dance games.

At least Move is working with real games, like Sorcerer, Socom 4 or Tiger Woods. Where are those games for Kinect ?

Please show me since you're so smart.

If all MS can show is a dance game and casual games, then what was the point of Natal to begin with ? I thought it was supposed to be revolutionary.

- zero core game (of course there is NO core experience you can make without controller... don't start me on faking a wheel with your hands on Forza, you know the precision is ZERO... 150 ms lag would kill it anyway)

Didn't you get the memo? Casual is the new core.

For 360 owners, yeah, it's dance party and scratchy the tiger now. Can't wait.

Just kidding, I'll keep my core games, thanks...

Core games are at Gamescom in August...

Fair enough if it's true, but I really doubt it. I don't see why they would still not be there at E3.

E3 is the biggest video game event and the product will be released in a few months and you're telling me the games can't be shown now ? I really doubt it, but let's wait and see.

- you must stand up while using it (what were they thinking ? who doesn't sit when he plays or watches movies ? lol)

Mistakes do happen. Obviously Microsoft employees were so excited by Kinect that they never managed to sit down and use it.

Even IGN, even Kotaku (a MS fanboy site) acknowledged it didn't work unless you stand up.

Go read and become less ignorant.

Go think and become less ignorant.

Wow what a powerful reply, congrats, now I can see you're smarter than me indeed. /s

You want the link for Kotaku article ? I'll help you. Here it is :

http://kotaku.com/5565777/xbox-kinect-does-not-play-well-with-couch-potatoes?skyline=true&s=i

Kinect doesn't work unless you stand up right now, a MAJOR flaw since no core game can be played standing up for hours.

Please reply my friend. Enlighten me. You must know something that IGN, Kotaku and MS devs don't know. Help them quick, they need all the help you can give them, it's released in a few months.

It just doesn't work. It's a pure financial suicide from MS point, seriously.

Thats ok. In my opinion the PS2 didn't work as a gaming machine and that managed to sell over 100M.

PS2 had great games , all Kinect has is 15 shovelware Wii copies

Even if it sold, it would still suck hard and being laughed at like it is right now.

No the PS2 had sucky games. They were almost all using interlaced graphics which is terrible to anyone who actually has standards.

Still, Metal Gear Solid > Dance Party

and God of War > Nintendogs / kinectimals / eyetoy

But hey, just my opinion. Most gamers agree actually.

Feel free to stand up and reply. You must get used to stand up with Kinect anyway.

I'll sit down for this one. Your crack smoke is making me dizzy.

Come on, where is your humor ? That was fun. You must admit it's at least a slight "overlook" from your beloved MS devs.

Here is the link once again. Looks like they're all on crack except you : IGN, Kotaku, MS devs.

Everybody is on crack I tell you !

http://kotaku.com/5565777/xbox-kinect-does-not-play-well-with-couch-potatoes?skyline=true&s=i

"Sitting is something we're still calibrating for."

You must be kidding me, right ?

Just wanted to continue the quotes

infamous23 said:

I heard that the new ones will have a $199 model.  I would consider getting it if the disc scratching issue is taken care of and it has a harddrive of any size.

You'll never consider getting one. Stealth troll comment.

O think kinect Sucks... there.

Lord Flashheart said:
infamous23 said:

You'll never consider getting one. Stealth troll comment.

Oh, I would consider getting one.  I have 8 360 games.