By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - All is not lost for MS fanboys

ninty3ds said:

What fabulous press are you talking about ? Everybody said their show sucked and every game was a Wii copycat...

You really think moms will go out and buy a second Wii just to play the same games ? I don't think so.

Maybe you do what he asked and you'd see differently.  Get out of the hardcore gamer sites once in awhile and look at what the rest of the world says.  There's actually many more of THEM than us at the moment, and those are the people necessary to extend a brand.  The hardcore have made their choice 5 years in to the life span of the consoles.

I know you only have 5 posts so far, but this community is really not all about trolling.  We actually like to have discussions that have some thought, that discuss positives and negatives.  If that's not what you're looking for, feel free to move on to another forum.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network

Move is only 50 $ for one controller and it has 31 games, mostly core games. Kinect is 150 $ and only 15 casual games...

All people will see is 50 $ Move vs 150 $ for Kinect... Plus, there are Move bundles too.

I doubt Kinect will sell well but maybe I'm wrong...

@fastyxx : if you can't accept a different opinion, then maybe you're the one who needs going elsewhere.

tuscaniman said:
Brennan said:

Yeah, it was really MS worst conference ever... They really want to turn their 360 into a Wii and abandon their core gamers crowd ??? It really puzzles me.

It's like throwing billions through the window, Xbox has so many fans. They risk losing in both core gaming AND casual gaming by going Wii too... I mean there's not a single core Kinect game. Not ONE...

MS investors already wanted them to stop with gaming, I think they'll definitely do that now, unless Kinect is VERY successful (maybe 5 % chance, not more...).

Yeah MS totally doesn't care about its core gamer. I mean Halo:Reach and Gears of War 3 aren't important at all. Also exclusive Call of Duty content for the next 3 years is garbage. Forza:Kinect is also non existent I'm sure I was just imagining that. Also a Crytek exclusive plus tons of big time multiplats are headed this way. All that has been thrown out the window.

Edit: I forgot Fable III. Nobody cares about that worthless game either.

Even though you are trying to sound sarcastic, it's closer to the dreaded reality. Exclusive Call of Duty content means more worthless DLCs one month before the PS3 version, Crytek exclusive is as useful as Agent from Rockstar, both Halo and Gears are milked enough and even though they will offer good experience, they are still the very same games since the first iterration. Fable III is comming to PC and will offer most likely better experience there.

Now Kinect surely stole hearts of many gamers (did not), but it was a little too little. The only really interesting game in the whole MS conference was MGS:Rising which is a multiplat. MS wasted Rare's potential on useless Wii Sports ripoff. They had Kinect centric conference day before just to waste you time with the same casual crap during the main conference. Half of the demo's were staged.

Make of it what you will, but the general response from the gaming community including press was negative and I'm not sure that the Xbox brand can afford that right now.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

ninty3ds said:

Move is only 50 $ for one controller and it has 31 games, mostly core games. Kinect is 150 $ and only 15 casual games...

All people will see is 50 $ Move vs 150 $ for Kinect... Plus, there are Move bundles too.

I doubt Kinect will sell well but maybe I'm wrong...

Move is $50 for just the wand.  The navigator is an extra $30.  If you watched the Sorcery demo he needed that to move his character around.  You can use your controller for that but seriously who is going to do that?  Holding it in one hand and trying to use the thumbstick is very awkward.

All this is also if you already have the PS Eye camera.  If you don't then you need to buy the bundle with the wand and camera for $100 and you STILL need the nav unit.  That's $130 for ONE person to play.  If you want two people to play you need another wand and nav unit.  That brings the cost to $210.

There will obviously be Kinect bundles, I don't see what your point is there about Move bundles.

They said that a bunch of the core games will be Move enabled but they didn't say how it would be used at all.  They also said between 15-20 Move games at launch, I don't know where you saw 30. 

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

I wouldn't trust a game "journalist's" idea of what appeals to anyone but said journalist.  Their egocentrism and sheer cluelessness is breathtaking.

That said, I'd love to play Dance Studio, and I still think that the hardware holds lots of promise.

I'm going to hug you now

fastyxx already has a thread open about this. We have not been abandoned, MS knows we don't need a full E3 presentation about Halo, Gears, or whatever to know whether or not we're going to buy them. They didn't just suddenly drop having Marvel vs Capcom 3, Crysis 2, Assassin's Creed, XCOM, Fable 3, Crackdown 2, Medal of Honor, and a crapload of other big name titles on their system.

aragod said:
tuscaniman said:
Brennan said:

Yeah, it was really MS worst conference ever... They really want to turn their 360 into a Wii and abandon their core gamers crowd ??? It really puzzles me.

It's like throwing billions through the window, Xbox has so many fans. They risk losing in both core gaming AND casual gaming by going Wii too... I mean there's not a single core Kinect game. Not ONE...

MS investors already wanted them to stop with gaming, I think they'll definitely do that now, unless Kinect is VERY successful (maybe 5 % chance, not more...).

Yeah MS totally doesn't care about its core gamer. I mean Halo:Reach and Gears of War 3 aren't important at all. Also exclusive Call of Duty content for the next 3 years is garbage. Forza:Kinect is also non existent I'm sure I was just imagining that. Also a Crytek exclusive plus tons of big time multiplats are headed this way. All that has been thrown out the window.

Edit: I forgot Fable III. Nobody cares about that worthless game either.

Make of it what you will, but the general response from the gaming community including press was negative and I'm not sure that the Xbox brand can afford that right now.

Sorry mate that is rubbish and you know it. The overall media response to it has been very positive. I can show you lot's of links if you like? As i said above the only places where there seems to be negativeness is on forums i.e hardcore gaming forums/websites. That represents a tiny tiny % of gamers. For example youtube. Right now youtube are pimping the hell out of Kinect. It has a gigantic advert as it's background. That means that supposed half a billion people who use youtube every day see that. Which makes them aware of the product.

The people who are pissed are people who were expecting Kinect to be for the hardcore gamers. Every negative report say's the same thing. But when you actually read these hardcore gamers hands on previews your see they actually really liked it. Like as i also mentioned above http://kotaku.com/5565079/my-two-favorite-xbox-kinect-experiences-so-far?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: kotaku/full (Kotaku)

The negatives are getting confused with the negatives for the conference itself. The showing on screen by MS was poor, but seeing and doing are two different things. Find me someone who has used Kinect and was not impressed.

I thought MS conference was pretty good.  Not so much of the WOW factor, but as a gamer and stakeholder, they are trying to diversify their gaming portfolio. 

Considering they dont have a handheld gaming product (if ever), its not a bad idea to try and expand their market base.  We'll see in the short run if this will be another costly mistake, or help augment their revenue stream for MS gaming division.

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.

kinda envy u guys get a good relaunch console with touch sensitive and glossy black finish i wouldnt say it was all that bad

Play Me

Kinnect is still going after a different market. MS wants part of the Wii/non-console owners to get a larger part of the pie, and with Sony not too far behind them they needed something else besides just awesome core games.

I'm hoping it sells well for them, but not too the point they abandon their core gamers. I still have Halo Reach, Black Ops and the other 360 games coming out for the rest of the year so I'm good. Next year I'm kinda worried outside of Gears 3.

It's just that simple.