By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - All is not lost for MS fanboys

No offense but Kinect games look a lot more like Wii games than Move games...

At least with Move you've got core games like Socom 4 and Sorcerer, or Killzone 3...

With Kinect, nothing. A dance game, a party game... Yeah, Wii games, just with even less precision and even more lag.

If Kinect is really 150 $ with THAT lineup though, it will be very difficult to sell it.

Around the Network

Well, media/E3 showings don't equal the real world.  If it did, the Wii would've been dead on arrival and Nintendo would've went out of business after unveiling Wii Music.  We'll see how well Kinect and the new 360 redesign do soon, won't we?

Yeah sure, it definitely can be crappy and casual and STILL sell a lot.

I don't see why Wii owners would buy the same games twice though, but who knows...

ninty3ds said:

Yeah sure, it definitely can be crappy and casual and STILL sell a lot.

I don't see why Wii owners would buy the same games twice though, but who knows...

Exactly!!

trunkswd said:
tuscaniman said:
Brennan said:

Yeah, it was really MS worst conference ever... They really want to turn their 360 into a Wii and abandon their core gamers crowd ??? It really puzzles me.

It's like throwing billions through the window, Xbox has so many fans. They risk losing in both core gaming AND casual gaming by going Wii too... I mean there's not a single core Kinect game. Not ONE...

MS investors already wanted them to stop with gaming, I think they'll definitely do that now, unless Kinect is VERY successful (maybe 5 % chance, not more...).

Yeah MS totally doesn't care about its core gamer. I mean Halo:Reach and Gears of War 3 aren't important at all. Also exclusive Call of Duty content for the next 3 years is garbage. Forza:Kinect is also non existent I'm sure I was just imagining that. Also a Crytek exclusive plus tons of big time multiplats are headed this way. All that has been thrown out the window.

Edit: I forgot Fable III. Nobody cares about that worthless game either.

I can't figure that one out. Did people forget about the first half of MS conference. You also missed Crackdown 2 which is only a few weeks away.

It was complete sarcasm.

Around the Network
ninty3ds said:

At least with Move you've got core games like Socom 4 and Sorcerer, or Killzone 3...

With Kinect, nothing. A dance game, a party game... Yeah, Wii games, just with even less precision and even more lag.

If Kinect is really 150 $ with THAT lineup though, it will be very difficult to sell it.

And Move is gonna cost twice as much if you want more than one person to play.

I was hoping for halo wars 2 with kinect integration! And where was a platformer using kinect?

sadface!

Kinect! who needs video games!

I wouldn't trust a game "journalist's" idea of what appeals to anyone but said journalist.  Their egocentrism and sheer cluelessness is breathtaking.

That said, I'd love to play Dance Studio, and I still think that the hardware holds lots of promise.

calvinandhobbes said:

I was hoping for halo wars 2 with kinect integration! And where was a platformer using kinect?

sadface!

As I said in a different thread once developers have had more time to work with Kinect then we will some more core games and innovating gameplay. Turn 10 has had their hands on the tech for only 6 months before showing Forza Kinect. I know its another year away but next year's E3 will be Kinect's time to shine. We already got glimpses of Star Wars and Forza which will both be pretty cool and I will be buying for Kinect. I can't wait to see some more stuff.

P.S. Just the ability to have voice and motion control over the dashboard, movies, music, and ESPN!!! (can't wait for ESPN) is enough for me to buy it. I am excited to have a little slice of Minority Report in my livingroom this holiday.

tuscaniman said:
ninty3ds said:

And Move is gonna cost twice as much if you want more than one person to play.

Never thought of that, it is a good point.

As for the stuff above it is laughable. If you read the hands on's they are glowing with positives for Kinect. Joystiq and Kaktu or however it is spelt have good articles up explaining why they liked it.

I think the problem is a lot of you are expecting it to be some sort of mass murder simulator etc.. it isn't really about that. If like me your someone who likes to keep fit and oneday you are late home from work, it is raining or you simply can't be arsed to drive to the gym then this gives you another option. As far as i can see this is how it is being reported. It is a "use it if you want" thing. The same people slagging it off are the same people praising move, which is a direct rip off of Wii remote and Nunchuck. Kinect copied Nintendos casualness but the two products are very different i.e there is no remote, no need to buy add ons or additional things. Meaning it is not ripping you off for that tennis/wheel piece of plastic to play it's games.

The reporting of it on the mainstream news has been very positive. The only people i see who seem to be putting it down are hardcore gamers, or more importantly people on here. Normal every day people could not give a rats ass about that. That is why it will sell by the truck load, as they are open to new things, a lot of us are stuck in our way's!