By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - All is not lost for MS fanboys

Lost in all the hubbub about wearing raingear that lit up and the snickering at the bad dialogue is one interesting fact I've noticed.

Most of the podcasts and reports and hands-on things I've read (Talk Radar, OXM, 1up, kotaku, G4) have been saying similar things about the Kinect stuff.   In person, it looks good, and while it's not "core gaming", the dance game and the like are actually kind of fun.  And they think kids will like it.  yes they are ripping some of the presentation and the things beyond the games, but the actual viability of the product has been pretty positive.

While that conference didn't have the wow factor of some, it'll be quite interesting to see what happens in the long run.   If MS can sell this to the soccer moms and the grade schools/junior highs of America, this may be a brilliant scheme yet.

Or the world might end.  One or the other.  I'm still deciding.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network

The lack of HaloWars 2 was the only thing I was really disappointet. And the lack of some AAA for Kinect like Killer Instinct, of course.

HaloReach was great, GoW3 as well and then the new exclusive from Crytek.

I just dont have the time to play so many different games - so it was OK for me, that M$ hadn't showen so many new games.

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value..."

Alan Greenspan, 1967

the conference made me want to molest more oxen

Xbox has no gaems, or so I've heard.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Pitiful for Microsoft at E3. As usual trying to hype up a mediocre add on. No games to make people go wow I want a 360. It's just a dead system. This E3 for Microsoft has been highlighted for me by the lack of anything decent but these kind of shows do tend to mean they have a new system in the works. Slim 360 wont move anything stellar. Kinect is overhyped (as usual with microsoft no prices) and over priced and the videos do show what most people already knew that Microsoft really donot have the experience or skill to make games on a par with Nintendo. Altogether this was depressing for Microsoft owners and really does highlight how much of a rut Microsoft are in in every aspect of their company. I may be wrong but i do think having to compete is not a strong area of Microsoft after all they are better at taking over companies than having to compete with them. As they are competing with two massive companies in this area they just don't have what it takes. I believe this is the start of a downwards spiral out of the videogame market for microsoft. Having played Kinect I can say it is ok but if you were frustrated with the wiimote lag in fast situations, you'll hate Kinect. Notice how Microsoft love to see people do relatively slow actions as it responds better but come faster movements, it's criminally lagged. But nooo they won't let you see this!! Anyway I tell people to go over try it and make sure you do faster actions then sit back and let the hype sink in then forget about it. Now just for Sony to rethink their 3DTV strategy, after seeing the 3DS I think another area that will be seen as bloated is the 3DTV market. Glasses? That's so yester year!

Around the Network

Yeah, it was really MS worst conference ever... They really want to turn their 360 into a Wii and abandon their core gamers crowd ??? It really puzzles me.

It's like throwing billions through the window, Xbox has so many fans. They risk losing in both core gaming AND casual gaming by going Wii too... I mean there's not a single core Kinect game. Not ONE...

MS investors already wanted them to stop with gaming, I think they'll definitely do that now, unless Kinect is VERY successful (maybe 5 % chance, not more...).

Venture off of hardcore gaming sites (face it a site dedicated to game and hardware sales is a hardcore as it gets) and do a search for Kinect and look at what non-gaming sites are saying.  Kinect is getting fabulous press from the mainstream and that is what is going to matter.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

What fabulous press are you talking about ? Everybody said their show sucked and every game was a Wii copycat...

You really think moms will go out and buy a second Wii just to play the same games ? I don't think so.

Brennan said:

Yeah, it was really MS worst conference ever... They really want to turn their 360 into a Wii and abandon their core gamers crowd ??? It really puzzles me.

It's like throwing billions through the window, Xbox has so many fans. They risk losing in both core gaming AND casual gaming by going Wii too... I mean there's not a single core Kinect game. Not ONE...

MS investors already wanted them to stop with gaming, I think they'll definitely do that now, unless Kinect is VERY successful (maybe 5 % chance, not more...).

Yeah MS totally doesn't care about its core gamer. I mean Halo:Reach and Gears of War 3 aren't important at all. Also exclusive Call of Duty content for the next 3 years is garbage. Forza:Kinect is also non existent I'm sure I was just imagining that. Also a Crytek exclusive plus tons of big time multiplats are headed this way. All that has been thrown out the window.

Edit: I forgot Fable III. Nobody cares about that worthless game either.

Turning the console into a wii? Erm guys this is about Kinect not move.