By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Nintendo just Dreamcast the PSP2?

ssj12 said:

If it runs Android and is a PSP Phone it will win.

If they will give away it for free ;) though even then, I must say, they'll struggle to win against the amazingness of 3DS

Honestly, how would OS matter? It's all about games, and yeah almost nobody cares about those "games" which Sony will ever offer.

Around the Network
Ping_ii said:

Where's the PSP2? I seem to missed its announcement.....

can't "dominate" something that don't exist boy.

Unless this "something" has been pre-dominated in good time before it's birth. It's just as if Ninty won by stealing time machine and shooting Sony while she is bearing the PSP2 embryo :)

zzamaro said:

everybody said PS3 was a failure and had no support and we can see know that that have changed

And how it has changed, exactly? Sony is still at last place and is still bleeding, lol.

We all must pray that nex-gen of home consoles would start in the same megaton way as Ninty did with their portable. 3rd party should all unite under Ninty's leadership and finally get rid of HD twin princelings which are both such a mongrels to gaming. Then let the gaming kingdom blossom and prosper.

Purge the unclean! xD

joeorc said:
jarrod said:

lol.  We have meltdown!

no this is not a  meltdown

this is  about this frog FORUM of a site. an that the Mod's are taking a lunch break.

what's funny when i hear that this forum is "quoted to be dominated by Sony fan's"

this thread an more like them tell the real truth.

this is a frog forum

croak..croak..croak

I'm not following?  Sorry, I don't speak tantrum?

joeorc said:

some people's opinion

"http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/03/sony-uxp-for-android/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: wired/index (Wired: Index 3 (Top Stories 2))

Funny thing is that actual consumers think that UXP sucks and neither understand those TimeScape/MediaScape nerdness at all

Around the Network

the PSP2 is probably already dead before it was even released; even the PSP right now doesn't have anywhere near the software support that the DS does. In fact it's NEVER had the software support the DS has, mostly because the PSP is the most boring system to work on for developers. I can't really see what the PSP2 could add that would really help it compete against the 3DS

well none ever going to beat the nintendo gameboy line of machines, its impossible.

if there is a PSP2 which i belive will be coming soon, it would need something special along the lines of 3D to comptete, plus theres price issue.

if 3DS launches around the £199 mark i think il get one.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Nope

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=111728&page=1#

there are several ideas that wouldn't be dreamcasted. And I'm just a forum troll.

theprof00 said:

Nope

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=111728&page=1#

there are several ideas that wouldn't be dreamcasted. And I'm just a forum troll.

Loom at that thread, that sounds more like cramming then actually something people would want to buy.

Also, games decide who wins, not tech.

ElGranCabeza said:

I dare say DQ might be DQX and/or XI, FF might be FFXV and KH might be KH3(D). 3DS will dreamcast PSP2 and will also make life very difficult for the next Wii as Japan will move away even further from consoles. The 3DS might sell well over 300 million units. The ONLY possible  stoppers to it reaching that number are Apple and the iphone and Android smartphones.

No game system--ever--has sold even 200 million units.  How could you possibly think that the 3DS could magically sell 300 million?  If anything, it'll just match the DS line... maybe it'll do a little better, but it's going to cost more and that will hurt sales and keep initial adoptions rates low.