By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Nintendo just Dreamcast the PSP2?

Darc Requiem said:

You are wasting your time Squilliam. Joerc tends to make these long posts that basically say nothing. I've seen him go back and forth with people more knowledgeable than him on subject before. No matter how wrong he is he won't back down.

Yep! Ok, I got it now.

Tease.

Around the Network
joeorc said:
ElGranCabeza said:
joeorc said:
ElGranCabeza said:
CrashMan said:

The PSP2 will now be delayed so they can add 3D to it, ripping off Nintendo pre-launch so they don't have to do it retroactively (again)

If they add 3D to PSP2 they wouldn't be copying Nintendo as Sony has made it clear before the 3DS was announced that's their goal going forward. Don't be fanboyish. With that said, there's no reason for a PSP2, the 3DS has ALL the games that made the PSP a success.

which is why I would say do not be suprised when sony release's the new PSP android Smartphone!

"Interestingly enough, the PlayStation Network development team now reports to Tim Schaaf, an ex-Apple veteran who is now Sony’s first head of software development, and is also part of Hirai’s new division."

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/06/28/rumour-sony-to-develop-gaming-phone/

this:

http://www.macnn.com/articles/08/04/22/sony.gracnote/

"Now, Schaaff is navigating similarly turbulent waters -- but this time by choice. Appointed last December as Sony's (SNE) new senior vice-president for software development, Schaaff has control over design, intellectual property, licensing, and product planning and engineering."

Schaaff's record of backing industry standards at Apple suggests he'll prod Sony toward a similar position. As the head of QuickTime, he made sure Apple took part in the Moving Picture Experts Group and the Internet Streaming Media Alliance, which sought to fix formats for online media technologies. QuickTime's incorporation of those standards helped win wide acceptance for the digital MPEG-4 video format among Hollywood studios, advertisers, and consumers alike.

That dovetails with Stringer's plans to get Sony to embrace industrywide formats and make its gizmos more compatible with other companies'. If Sony adopts the kind of stance that Schaaf did with QuickTime, one day you might be able to download a game, song, or movie from a one-stop Sony online shop onto a machine made by Sony, Panasonic, or Samsung.

" Christopher David, head of developer and partner engagement at Sony Ericsson told Pocket-Lint. “It should be expected". So far, the PS3 app runs on the Aino’s Nexus UX platform, allowing users to access the PS3 from the phone and stream content to their handset from anywhere in the world. The X10 already sports the same DLNA and wireless connectivity as the Aino, plus has a fast 1GHz Snapdragon processor and four-inch screen – all well suited to gamers."

REMEMBER:

"Now, Schaaff is navigating similarly turbulent waters -- but this time by choice. Appointed last December as Sony's (SNE) new senior vice-president for software development, Schaaff has control over design, intellectual property, licensing, and product planning and engineering."

PLAYSTATION NETWORK HEADS REPORT TO TIM, TIM REPORT'S TO KAZ

How does that relate in any way shape or form with what I said? I'm genuinely curious as nothing there suggests 3D or even talk about 3D, you could've gotten better quotes if you wanted to support my argument :p

how does what i posted even talk about 3d this thread is about the Viability of the  PSP. in the Market for get about "Did Nintendo just dreamcast the PS2" bull crap.

This Bloated pus filled trollish toad of a  thread is about the Viability of Sony staying in the Hand Held gaming space. Because Nintendo release one d@mn freakin handheld. that is not even on the D@mn market and people who could care less about the PSP platform at all, want's to know what sony is going to do about it?

Like you just said

"Don't be fanboyish. With that said, there's no reason for a PSP2, the 3DS has ALL the games that made the PSP a success."

you like other's in the thread could care less about the PSP so what the f_u_c does it matter anyway.

This thread is Toading pure and simple..and the Mod's our out to freakin lunch.

well that information i posted answer's it.

I like my PSP better than my DS, you have no idea what the hell you're talking about, it's game over for Sony as far as handhelds go, they can try their luck in the smartphone market with Android and no buttons, but that won't be a gaming platform anymore. Face it, the 3DS killed the PSP2 before the PSP2 was even revealed.

ElGranCabeza said:
joeorc said:
ElGranCabeza said:
joeorc said:
ElGranCabeza said:
CrashMan said:

The PSP2 will now be delayed so they can add 3D to it, ripping off Nintendo pre-launch so they don't have to do it retroactively (again)

If they add 3D to PSP2 they wouldn't be copying Nintendo as Sony has made it clear before the 3DS was announced that's their goal going forward. Don't be fanboyish. With that said, there's no reason for a PSP2, the 3DS has ALL the games that made the PSP a success.

which is why I would say do not be suprised when sony release's the new PSP android Smartphone!

"Interestingly enough, the PlayStation Network development team now reports to Tim Schaaf, an ex-Apple veteran who is now Sony’s first head of software development, and is also part of Hirai’s new division."

this:

Schaaff's record of backing industry standards at Apple suggests he'll prod Sony toward a similar position. As the head of QuickTime, he made sure Apple took part in the Moving Picture Experts Group and the Internet Streaming Media Alliance, which sought to fix formats for online media technologies. QuickTime's incorporation of those standards helped win wide acceptance for the digital MPEG-4 video format among Hollywood studios, advertisers, and consumers alike.

That dovetails with Stringer's plans to get Sony to embrace industrywide formats and make its gizmos more compatible with other companies'. If Sony adopts the kind of stance that Schaaf did with QuickTime, one day you might be able to download a game, song, or movie from a one-stop Sony online shop onto a machine made by Sony, Panasonic, or Samsung.

" Christopher David, head of developer and partner engagement at Sony Ericsson told Pocket-Lint. “It should be expected". So far, the PS3 app runs on the Aino’s Nexus UX platform, allowing users to access the PS3 from the phone and stream content to their handset from anywhere in the world. The X10 already sports the same DLNA and wireless connectivity as the Aino, plus has a fast 1GHz Snapdragon processor and four-inch screen – all well suited to gamers."

REMEMBER:

How does that relate in any way shape or form with what I said? I'm genuinely curious as nothing there suggests 3D or even talk about 3D, you could've gotten better quotes if you wanted to support my argument :p

how does what i posted even talk about 3d this thread is about the Viability of the  PSP. in the Market for get about "Did Nintendo just dreamcast the PS2" bull crap.

This Bloated pus filled trollish toad of a  thread is about the Viability of Sony staying in the Hand Held gaming space. Because Nintendo release one d@mn freakin handheld. that is not even on the D@mn market and people who could care less about the PSP platform at all, want's to know what sony is going to do about it?

Like you just said

"Don't be fanboyish. With that said, there's no reason for a PSP2, the 3DS has ALL the games that made the PSP a success."

you like other's in the thread could care less about the PSP so what the f_u_c does it matter anyway.

I like my PSP better than my DS, you have no idea what the hell you're talking about, it's game over for Sony as far as handhelds go, they can try their luck in the smartphone market with Android and no buttons, but that won't be a gaming platform anymore. Face it, the 3DS killed the PSP2 before the PSP2 was even revealed.

and..i was right..Toad..croak.croak.croak..

please croak some more your not being loud enough

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

joeorc said:
ElGranCabeza said:
joeorc said:
ElGranCabeza said:
joeorc said:
ElGranCabeza said:
CrashMan said:

this:

REMEMBER:

Like you just said

At least you already went from denial to anger. Next up: Bargaining.

ElGranCabeza said:
joeorc said:
ElGranCabeza said:

croak some more ..maybe the last row cannot hear you..Toading you got to just love this forum..lol, i am out of this discussion but by all mean's keep Toading..I must say your pretty darn good at it.

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

Heh, PSP2 is doomed. Wait..I though I read the word "Doomed" on a lot of occasions..

luvtospooge said:

Heh, PSP2 is doomed. Wait..I though I read the word "Doomed" on a lot of occasions..

lol it is funny how some..not pointing at any Toad's seem to think Smartphone's are not game handhelds also:

what's funny :

IGN seem's to think so..

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=111746&page=1#6

I AM BOLO

ps:

joeorc said:
ElGranCabeza said:
joeorc said:
ElGranCabeza said:

croak some more ..maybe the last row cannot hear you..Toading you got to just love this forum..lol, i am out of this discussion but by all mean's keep Toading..I must say your pretty darn good at it.

Sounds a little bit like bargaining lol

Next up: Depression.

atma998 said:
joeorc said:
ElGranCabeza said:
joeorc said:
ElGranCabeza said:

Sounds a little bit like bargaining lol

yes it is little Toad for you not me..lol

Spider-Man
Predators
Sonic 4: Ep. 1
Puzzle Agent

IGN's best of E3 nominees...

if smartphone's are not gaming handhelds why is IGN giving a smart phone gaming award's..hmm maybe because it is a gaming handheld?

Keep croaking..Toad..

no you just been demoted to Frog..

I AM BOLO

ps:

joeorc said:
ElGranCabeza said:
joeorc said:
ElGranCabeza said:

*You're

And you're also already bargaining lol. I'm surprised how fast you're going through the stages. Next up: Depression.