By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LOVELY 3DS games screenshots collection!

AnthonyW86 said:

Looking really good, can't wait to see it in action. Only complain i have is the (weird)screen resolution: 800x240 when 3D is enabled(it doubles the lines), and 320x240 for the touchscreen. I mean come on Nintendo even most smartphones with a 3'' screen have atleast 800x480.  And the big difference in height and width resolution is probably causing those awful jaggies.

Actually, the screen outs 400x240 per eye, so the weird ratio is not the cause of the jaggies, the low resolution is. Having two slightly different images per eye, though, should make it subjectively smoother than looking at a "mono" screenshot.

Now that I think of it, even if you "flatten" the 3d all the way down with the slider, the two cameras postions could be kept slightly distanced so that it basically works out as a 2xAA. So the image quality should always be quite better than, say,  the PSP one.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

Around the Network
Derixs said:
irstupid said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
irstupid said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Christian973 said:

Can people stop replying to certain people's post and get back on-topic? it's a pointless argument as it seems to just be going back and forth with no point whatsoever.

that would be alright if people stopped claiming it to be more powerfull than it is

maybe if you stopped claiming YOU KNOW HOW POWERFUL IT IS.

You don't know.  We have plenty of screens to look at, from nes games to wii games all shown on the system.

We have developers saying it could push close to ps360 levels.

And here you are saying ONE game shown is only ps2 level so that is all the system is capable of.

i only claimed it when people claimed 3DS as PS360

i have stopped now

from the current screens they look like PS2,PSP,WII little improved and better lighting and looking better on small screen

anyways i end it now

please stop saying psp, ps2, wii

You sound like a blind ass fanboy when you do

i'm surprised you aren't tossing in some ducktape while your at it

*joke* (For slow people)

The 3DS is just 2 DS's duck taped together. Then they just placed the 2 screens a little off from one another to view the 3D effect. The slider just moved those screens either directly over each other (3D off) or a little further appart (3D BACK ON!) hahahahaahha. sorry I had to...

hehe

actually that make sense,never thought of that.........lol

This is a bit puzzling. How can Nintendo come out with the massivly underpowered Wii and now shoot for the moon with the 3DS???

I think this will be a begining. The return on Nintendo back into the power house tech stuff again. I now see the Wii2 is going to be a monster.

With the 3DS being so powerfull and forward thinking I can now beleive the Wii 2 will follow along. I see HD (duh), a very powerfull system and I can even see them embracing online the right way, ala at least PSN if not LIVE.

If/when, and I don't see the 3DS failing at all, the 3DS is hugely popular hopefully it will give Nintendo the courage to move along with a poerhouse, hardcore, and more expensive Wii 2.

I'm very excited.

is there a release date for the 3DS ?

NNN2004 said:

Apparently the release date is still set as "before March 2011" so in less than a year, though with Nintendo there is no telling since they always go with the "its ready when it's ready" either way 3DS doesn't look like a prototype like the DS did when it was first shown off so I figure they're MUCH closer to final product and manufacturing them in mass compared to the DS announcement to release which was over a year.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
NNN2004 said:

no they have said it will release before MARCH 2011

dark_gh0st_b0y said:

fixed the pics a bit   : P

i wish they could show/announce AC 3DS, Zelda 3DS, Mario Kart 3DS in a more official way during the live show : P

take a taste of 3D-ness of 3DS, sorry if already posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYnyBxVhK_c

Wow I could acually see some of the 3D in that. Thanks for the vid.

axumblade said:
Kage848 said:

This is a bit puzzling. How can Nintendo come out with the massivly underpowered Wii and now shoot for the moon with the 3DS???

I think this will be a begining. The return on Nintendo back into the power house tech stuff again. I now see the Wii2 is going to be a monster.

With the 3DS being so powerfull and forward thinking I can now beleive the Wii 2 will follow along. I see HD (duh), a very powerfull system and I can even see them embracing online the right way, ala at least PSN if not LIVE.

If/when, and I don't see the 3DS failing at all, the 3DS is hugely popular hopefully it will give Nintendo the courage to move along with a poerhouse, hardcore, and more expensive Wii 2.

I'm very excited.

The Wii was a safe bet. They didn't want to create a system that cost them a lot of money to make just in case it didn't do as well as they were hoping. That's my guess at least. Since after the Wii came out, the DS and Wii both took off and so now Nintendo does have lots of money they can use to their advantage.

wrong, nintendo has always had plenty of money.  i think only one year playstation made more money than nintendo.

they didnt' make it powerful because at the time hd was 1) not widely adapted, and really hasn't been until just recently and 2) it woudl have drove up the price of the Wii and made it not be mass marketable.

the same reason why in interviews already they have said that there are some things they left out of 3DS due to not wanting the price to be too high and thus become unplayable for many people.

irstupid said:
axumblade said:
Kage848 said:

I'm very excited.

The Wii was a safe bet. They didn't want to create a system that cost them a lot of money to make just in case it didn't do as well as they were hoping. That's my guess at least. Since after the Wii came out, the DS and Wii both took off and so now Nintendo does have lots of money they can use to their advantage.

wrong, nintendo has always had plenty of money.  i think only one year playstation made more money than nintendo.

they didnt' make it powerful because at the time hd was 1) not widely adapted, and really hasn't been until just recently and 2) it woudl have drove up the price of the Wii and made it not be mass marketable.

as NINTENDO had gameboy slaes and really didn't take many risk as their company only business was gaming

PLAYSTATION made alot more money than NINTENDO in PS1 and PS2 years,as they did alot of R&D it wasn't visible

also alot of profiits caused by the Playstation division made profit for other divisions for SONY

NINTENDO will continuew its for all approach now that Wii  and DS are popular with their succesor

MaxwellGT2000 said:
NNN2004 said:

Apparently the release date is still set as "before March 2011" so in less than a year, though with Nintendo there is no telling since they always go with the "its ready when it's ready" either way 3DS doesn't look like a prototype like the DS did when it was first shown off so I figure they're MUCH closer to final product and manufacturing them in mass compared to the DS announcement to release which was over a year.

i hope.