By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 3 responsible for delay of Portal 2!

Solid_Snake4RD said:
mirgro said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mirgro said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mirgro said:

Oh boohoo, buy a PC. You can get one for $300 than can run Portal 2.

????????????????????????

i meant if u release it exclusive to one platform and then to the other the games popularity drops and then when it launches on other platforms the sales are lesser

I wasn't denying that fact at all. I was just saying why they bothered with ruining the game for the main platform.

cause consoles make more money most of the time

and he wasn't ruining but just delaying and it was never really officialy dated

Seeing how the orange box made more money on the PC than on the consoles, you seem to be wrong. Same with other PC oriented games.

YES but console sales made it possible to make more profit

like if MW2 was first released on 360,it would have made 12m sales but ACTIVISION would have not proftied much as they would have alone had to cover ADVERTISING  and development $200m and then PS3 version time late when the hype and everything died down wouldn't have made so much

and so PS3's sales are just profit when they launched together

Except that if the people with a PS3 bought the game on the PC instead of the PC early because it came out, then Valve still makes money off of them since they buy it anyhow. They would still get all the money from the people who didn't have it on the PC when it releases for the PS3. In one case, you make the PC people angry, more pissed off, and far more likely to pirate (in Vavle's own words, pirates are just people unhappy with the game service) ann in the other case the PC people are happy and the PS3 still get their port and Valve gets their money and everyone is satisfied.

P.S. This smells heavily of moneyhatting btw.

Around the Network
mirgro said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mirgro said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mirgro said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mirgro said:

????????????????????????

i meant if u release it exclusive to one platform and then to the other the games popularity drops and then when it launches on other platforms the sales are lesser

I wasn't denying that fact at all. I was just saying why they bothered with ruining the game for the main platform.

Seeing how the orange box made more money on the PC than on the consoles, you seem to be wrong. Same with other PC oriented games.

like if MW2 was first released on 360,it would have made 12m sales but ACTIVISION would have not proftied much as they would have alone had to cover ADVERTISING  and development $200m and then PS3 version time late when the hype and everything died down wouldn't have made so much

Except that if the people with a PS3 bought the game on the PC instead of the PC early because it came out, then Valve still makes money off of them since they buy it anyhow. They would still get all the money from the people who didn't have it on the PC when it releases for the PS3. In one case, you make the PC people angry, more pissed off, and far more likely to pirate (in Vavle's own words, pirates are just people unhappy with the game service) ann in the other case the PC people are happy and the PS3 still get their port and Valve gets their money and everyone is satisfied.

most that play on console don't have a good PC or hate PC gaming so not all console sales would shift to PC

the heavy moneyhatting would bring it to PS3 exclusive

Solid_Snake4RD said:
mirgro said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mirgro said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mirgro said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mirgro said:

????????????????????????

most that play on console don't have a good PC or hate PC gaming so not all console sales would shift to PC

You are making one false statement after another. There is no indication that console players have no consoles. In fact there is not a single person I can think of that games that doesn't have both of some form, nor heard of any.

Furthermore, even by your, faulty, assumption that means that delaying the game on the PC would have no effect for the sales since the PS3 players won't get it on the PC. Of course, they are lnot little whiny biased bitches and they decide to forgoe a good game cause of their own fanboyism.

mirgro said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

You are making one false statement after another. There is no indication that console players have no consoles. In fact there is not a single person I can think of that games that doesn't have both of some form, nor heard of any.

Furthermore, even by your, faulty, assumption that means that delaying the game on the PC would have no effect for the sales since the PS3 players won't get it on the PC. Of course, they are not little whiny biased bitches and they decide to forgoe a good game cause of their own fanboyism.

Then there'll be no problem here, right? 

And you neglect that it's legit to be angry about the DELAY caused by a game being moneyhatted into a multiplat late in development.  That's why richardhutnik has it so ass-backwards here...MS already did this with XIII, and MS fans defended it and said that only fanboys would hate XIII for going multiplat.  But they neglected that the 1 year delay itself is grounds to be pissed off.  If it was ok for MS to do it then, then I smile now *if* Sony moneyhatted this game *and* caused a delay, which did happen with XIII.

A charge that Sony moneyhatted here is impotent unless it comes from a person who admits that MS did moneyhatting more and earlier and admits that if moneyhatting is unsavory, MS is more unsavory.

Next inquiry: how will the PS3 version of Portal 2 stack up quality-wise vs the 360 version, because in the case of XIII...

@richardhutnik

Ummm....was Portal repeatedly told you to year in and year out that it was going to be exclusive, then all of a sudden, it went multiplatform with nothing indicating it would go that way because the latest trailers up till now said *Only on 360*?

if not...kindly stfu. You're trying to make Sony fans out to be hypocrites, but you fail. And Gabe Newell is still a pompous fatass. You see how heavily he was breathing just standing there and talking? 

Currently playing:

Unreal Tournament 3, Warhawk, Rock Band, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, DMC2, then 3, and Radiata Stories

"Stop the presses// It's been a while but I'm back in session// And in the past time my flow's matured more than adolescence// It's time to learn a lesson// So get you pen and your pad out, listen close, and take heed to this blessing"

Around the Network

rich, you seemed to have fulfilled your own prophecy about your bias thread.

Now, would you call yourself biased, or not? I don't think I would call you that. Maybe you shouldn't do the same for others.

PS3 is the lead platform. That means ps3 version is made first. PS3 version will be delayed due to translating it to other platforms.

public sudoku? was that on purpose :- 

mirgro said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mirgro said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mirgro said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mirgro said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mirgro said:

????????????????????????

Furthermore, even by your, faulty, assumption that means that delaying the game on the PC would have no effect for the sales since the PS3 players won't get it on the PC. Of course, they are lnot little whiny biased bitches and they decide to forgoe a good game cause of their own fanboyism.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT CONSOLE players don't on PC but most don't like to as PC gamers is a totally different bree

and how is that a false statement as i even mentioned before that even though people have powerful PC's to the play the game or not,CONSOLE gamers like to play on console

for me if a game release on PC,i wouldn't play it cause i just hate PC gaming.Not from the shit hate point of viewbut from the user experience just doesn't immerse me as it does on consoles

ROCK BAND delaying even one month made alot of differenc in its sales on other consoles.BIOSHOCK did too.ALOT of games do

whiny based bitches fanboyism?????????????????????????????????????????????

if you follow sales you would know that delay one platform for even a month would mean sales drop and developers don't want that

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
mirgro said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

Furthermore, even by your, faulty, assumption that means that delaying the game on the PC would have no effect for the sales since the PS3 players won't get it on the PC. Of course, they are not little whiny biased bitches and they decide to forgoe a good game cause of their own fanboyism.

Then there'll be no problem here, right? 

And you neglect that it's legit to be angry about the DELAY caused by a game being moneyhatted into a multiplat late in development.  That's why richardhutnik has it so ass-backwards here...MS already did this with XIII, and MS fans defended it and said that only fanboys would hate XIII for going multiplat.  But they neglected that the 1 year delay itself is grounds to be pissed off.  If it was ok for MS to do it then, then I smile now *if* Sony moneyhatted this game *and* caused a delay, which did happen with XIII.

A charge that Sony moneyhatted here is impotent unless it comes from a person who admits that MS did moneyhatting more and earlier and admits that if moneyhatting is unsavory, MS is more unsavory.

Next inquiry: how will the PS3 version of Portal 2 stack up quality-wise vs the 360 version, because in the case of XIII...

PORTAL wasn't long in development as FF13 so we don't know

also PORTAL brand isn't as big as FF

Solid_Snake4RD said:
mirgro said:

I AM NOT SAYING THAT CONSOLE players don't on PC but most don't like to as PC gamers is a totally different bree

and how is that a false statement as i even mentioned before that even though people have powerful PC's to the play the game or not,CONSOLE gamers like to play on console

for me if a game release on PC,i wouldn't play it cause i just hate PC gaming.Not from the shit hate point of viewbut from the user experience just doesn't immerse me as it does on consoles

ROCK BAND delaying even one month made alot of differenc in its sales on other consoles.BIOSHOCK did too.ALOT of games do

whiny based bitches fanboyism?????????????????????????????????????????????

if you follow sales you would know that delay one platform for even a month would mean sales drop and developers don't want that

I meant gaming too. Whether someone has a Wii, 360, or PS3, they usually have a gaming PC as well to play games on the PC.

Anyhow, all that data does not show that there were any lost sales for the developers. It just shows that people who wanted to play RB or BS just went and got it on the other platform before it came out to the later ones.

As for the last part, anyone who forgoes a good game because it came out on their system a little later is a fanboy, biased, and a little bitch. I will stand by that stetement.