By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 3 responsible for delay of Portal 2!

So, are shots at Gabe being fat now going to come from the Microsoft partisan camp?

Around the Network
Ghazi4 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

portal wsn't delayed because of PS3

as it is the lead platform

this... i wanted to say it

how do you know ps3 is lead platform??

Solid_Snake4RD said:

PC will be the lead platform :p

(valve wouldn't dare antagonize the PC audience.... steam is their bread and butter)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Hephaestos said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

PC will be the lead platform :p

(valve wouldn't dare antagonize the PC audience.... steam is their bread and butter)

yes but i was talking about their console side and which will they develop first to make it the better version and then 360 version

Solid_Snake4RD said:
mirgro said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mirgro said:

Oh boohoo, buy a PC. You can get one for $300 than can run Portal 2.

????????????????????????

i meant if u release it exclusive to one platform and then to the other the games popularity drops and then when it launches on other platforms the sales are lesser

I wasn't denying that fact at all. I was just saying why they bothered with ruining the game for the main platform.

cause consoles make more money most of the time

and he wasn't ruining but just delaying and it was never really officialy dated

Seeing how the orange box made more money on the PC than on the consoles, you seem to be wrong. Same with other PC oriented games.

Around the Network

it goes both ways! woooo

mirgro said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mirgro said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
mirgro said:

Oh boohoo, buy a PC. You can get one for $300 than can run Portal 2.

????????????????????????

i meant if u release it exclusive to one platform and then to the other the games popularity drops and then when it launches on other platforms the sales are lesser

I wasn't denying that fact at all. I was just saying why they bothered with ruining the game for the main platform.

cause consoles make more money most of the time

and he wasn't ruining but just delaying and it was never really officialy dated

Seeing how the orange box made more money on the PC than on the consoles, you seem to be wrong. Same with other PC oriented games.

YES but console sales made it possible to make more profit

like if MW2 was first released on 360,it would have made 12m sales but ACTIVISION would have not proftied much as they would have alone had to cover ADVERTISING  and development $200m and then PS3 version time late when the hype and everything died down wouldn't have made so much

and so PS3's sales are just profit when they launched together

I hope the delay gives us Move controls. That would be so sweet!

Not surprised Valve are sucking up to PS3 owners now. This was always going to happen once the console was in a strong position. Valve needs the PS3 userbase.

Xoj said:

it goes both ways! woooo

Except, I miss that no one is doing a video on Youtube demanding that Valve commit public sudoku.  I am not sure those in the Microsoft camp really care now.