By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Megaton! Not sure what else I can use to describe Nintendo's E3 event.

Nintendo sure won. They crushed everything.

Now I dunno if this is the right thread for it, but Zelda motion controls didnt look anywhere near 1:1. There was a noticable, and for me game-breaking, lag. Graphically too, I was underwhelmed. Damn, Im almost upset because it didnt give me the epic moment I was hoping for.

Epic Mickey looked awesome though.

And obviously DK Country is gonna rock.

I didnt catch if that Kirby game was for DS or Wii. Hopefully the Wii. It looked cute. But maybe it was meant for smaller children, not grown up men like me??

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Now I dunno if this is the right thread for it, but Zelda motion controls didnt look anywhere near 1:1. There was a noticable, and for me game-breaking, lag. Graphically too, I was underwhelmed. Damn, Im almost upset because it didnt give me the epic moment I was hoping for.

I didnt catch if that Kirby game was for DS or Wii. Hopefully the Wii. It looked cute. But maybe it was meant for smaller children, not grown up men like me??

have you checked the hands on impressions of zelda? I haven't, but I've heard that the response has been great.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Slimebeast said:

You're right on both fronts, but they've got a year to work on it. While 1:1 is probably never going to be in the game (for good reason: most people would suck at it!) the impressions from the floor are that the lag is pretty minimal, and I'm positive they'll polish the graphics.

nordlead said:
noname2200 said:
yo_john117 said:

Can someone give me a brief description on what Nintendo's biggest announcements were?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3472370

you would think people would check the official E3 conference thread

Ha I didn't feel like looking.

What they showed was pretty ok I guess.

-Goldeneye remake is pretty sweet, and i'm glad they are finally making a donkey kong title for the Wii (loved DK on the gameboy)

-3DS looks like a pretty sweet handheld.

-As for the rest of the stuff they showed i'm pretty impartial to.

Slimebeast said:

There was wireless interference during the presentation.  It's not exact 1:1 either (that'd be borderline unplayable really) it's basically approximated like Wii Sports Resort into a more comfortable "game" ratio.

Around the Network

I dunno, I liked it, but I dunno, I mean Zelda, I felt bad for not liking Zelda

jarrod said:
Slimebeast said:

There was wireless interference during the presentation.  It's not exact 1:1 either (that'd be borderline unplayable really) it's basically approximated like Wii Sports Resort into a more comfortable "game" ratio.

I noticed the interference part but was only later when he tried to fly the bug and stuff.

But how on earth can exact 1:1 be borderline unplayable?

Soriku said:
Slimebeast said:

Did you see the Kotaku video of Zelda? http://kotaku.com/5564197/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-video-preview-starring-me The impressions from other people say the controls are good.

Also Kirby is for the Wii...and there's no such thing as a "grown up" Kirby.

I watched that video. I hope I can get acustomed to it, but I really hate lag...

So u mean all kirby games are for children?

Slimebeast said:

I noticed the interference part but was only later when he tried to fly the bug and stuff.

But how on earth can exact 1:1 be borderline unplayable?

Did you miss the archery demonstration?  Anyhow, the folks who play it are reporting little interference, so I wouldn't be concerned.

As to 1:1...when was the last time you went fencing?

Aiend went to E3 and said that Zelda SS plays great with solid control. So I believe him. I doubt Nintendo would demo a game on stage that was not working properly at any point. Even then it's Zelda and I'm going to preorder that bitch as soon as possible (the game, not the princess).

But the 3DS support really blew me away. The Kid is back? Hell yes! Brand new full on Kingdom Hearts? I'm there!

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"