By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN Wii-k in review

naznatips said:
@ Jandre02 and APolitical

Once again, we are looking for OLD franchises. Franchises that haven't had a game in at least 2 generations. That doesn't include either Star Fox or Eternal Darkness.

A man can dream, ok!  I would much much much rather see Eternal Darkness before I would like to see Donkey Kong or whatver else. Though I agree that you're probably right; it is too recent.  

Around the Network

I think that Pilotwings is incredibly likely as well. Although I didn't think it was a very good game, a lot of people, Matt and Bozon included, did. It will be a game that was around in the 1990's. If it was Kid Icarus, they wouldn't have said you had to be over 12 to appreciate it, since you'd have to be a pretty good deal older than 12 (in system terms) to appreciate Kid Icarus.

fazz said:
Well, what about um... Pilotwings?

Pilotwings is SNES, but that's probably old enough that they could have been talking about it.  Easily an option. So, my big predictions are:

Kid Icarus
Mario Paint
Pilotwings

These are the most likely candidates to this point imo. 

@ takeru

The "older than 12" was more of a bitter "there are too many kids in gaming these days" statement.  I think an NES generation game is very likely.

naznatips said:
Kasz216 said:
Lets see...

Earthbound could still be an option, after all unless your a superfan, you probably didn't know their was a gameboy advance version.

Mario Paint? Though the second Mario Part game was even more obscure then the Icarus game since it was on the 64DD.

Kirby maybe, since we didn't get a true kirby game recently.

Icarus does seem more likely, but i don't know how many times i've gotten my hopes up for what seems like the most likely and then edded up with "Kid Devil Wii Edition" or something.

Mario Paint is certainly an option, and it would be very cool.

Kirby already has a Wii game comming, and we have known that for a while.  It's not an old franchise anyway.

Rath, Mana has never been a Nintendo developed franchise and it's certainly not dead.

mario paint will fail due to he upcoming Bob Ross game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Ross:_The_Joy_of_Painting 

Well looking through some older IGN news.

http://au.gameboy.ign.com/articles/704/704589p1.html

Of course that may no longer be valid...

Around the Network
naznatips said:
fazz said:

Pilotwings is SNES, but that's probably old enough that they could have been talking about it.  Easily an option. So, my big predictions are:

Kid Icarus
Mario Paint
Pilotwings

@ takeru

The "older than 12" was more of a bitter "there are too many kids in gaming these days" statement.  I think an NES generation game is very likely.

what about earthbound

i dont know what game it is but i heard its old

naznatips said:
fazz said:

Pilotwings is SNES, but that's probably old enough that they could have been talking about it. Easily an option. So, my big predictions are:

Kid Icarus
Mario Paint
Pilotwings

@ takeru

The "older than 12" was more of a bitter "there are too many kids in gaming these days" statement. I think an NES generation game is very likely.

There was PilotWings 64 though. When I listened to the podcast they seemed to be very specific about that point in time. They said it would be a game that we hadn't seen in a couple generations + the 12 years reference, which to me,= a franchise last seen on the SNES or N64. It certainly seemed to me that they were hinting very strongly at that time frame.

Kasz216 said:
See I was thinking that... but is Kid Icarus a franchise? It's only had the one game, then the one gameboy game nobody has heard about.

Also to further iterate on Earthbound... Seriously just play it if you can endurance. People argue who will be the king of RPGs this generation... It doesn't matter.

The SNES is still the king of RPGS.

I own that game "nobody has heard of." I got it when it came out i remember it being pretty popular.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

endurance said:
naznatips said:
fazz said:

Kid Icarus
Mario Paint
Pilotwings

@ takeru

what about earthbound

i dont know what game it is but i heard its old

Earthbound is the second game in the MOTHER series.  MOTHER 2 to be more specific.  MOTHER 1 was on the NES, and wasn't released outside of Japan.  MOTHER 3 was released on the GBA just a year ago.  So it is certainly not a dead franchise, and it's very unlikely that it's the franchise they were talking about.

takeru51 said:
I think that Pilotwings is incredibly likely as well. Although I didn't think it was a very good game, a lot of people, Matt and Bozon included, did. It will be a game that was around in the 1990's. If it was Kid Icarus, they wouldn't have said you had to be over 12 to appreciate it, since you'd have to be a pretty good deal older than 12 (in system terms) to appreciate Kid Icarus.

I think it was a throwaway comment. Bozon was so excited he just picked an age to represent "children" and 12 is the first that came to mind.  I think he could have just as easily said 16 or even 18.  That being said a 16 year old, if he was into reading video game magazines and websites, would have heard about the demand for a Kid Icarus game.  It only comes up at least once a year in IGN, Nintendo Power, EGM, gamespot, and such.