By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo E3 2010 Press Conference Thread

theRepublic said:

Reactions say the controls work perfectly in Zelda.  Something must have been wrong for the stage presentation.

Miyamoto's translator said that there was interference or something like that.

Around the Network

now if Sony announces free cross game chat, my e3 would be complete since I don't give a shit about glasses 3D lol.

Nintendo's feed has ended. The video of reactions was shorter than I had hoped.  It looked like they tried to keep the 3DS screen out of the camera's view, but I think I caught a glimpse of a Mario game.  It seemed to be the right colors for that anyway.  I'll be looking forward to what our staff say about their hands on. 

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Aghhhh! I don't get fucking sound on the E3 site!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future is coming September 20 2010. It's the third game in the series. The fifth will be 3DS compatible.

Around the Network
theRepublic said:

Reactions say the controls work perfectly in Zelda.  Something must have been wrong for the stage presentation.

Probably interference from the 500 active WiFi devices in the auditorium.

A similar thing happened during Steve Jobs' iPhone G4 keynote.

Naturally, the controls work as designed; it's not like Miyamoto didn't rehearse the presentation multiple times without problems, otherwise he wouldn't have been so perplexed during the conference.

It's unfortunate, but it's one of those things that need to be taken into consideration when demoing a wireless device in an auditorium with a massive amount of active wireless devices.

I was overall delighted with the conference.  A few issues though:

-Zelda's controls looked bad.  Hopefully it really was just interference: impressions will tell us soon.  The fact that they're eager to let others try the game is reassuring on that front.

-No price point for 3DS worries me.  It actually interests me more than I thought it would, but if it costs more than the DSiXL I'm out of the game.

-No Pikmin 3.    They more than made up for it in other ways, but it would have been nice nonetheless.

-Zelda's in 2011 rather than this holiday season.  I guess they're putting DKC in that slot instead.  It worked for the SNES!

-No Vitality Sensor at all.  Hopefully they'll have a hands-on about its software in a separate conference, because I'm honestly interested to see where they go with it.

-No mention of Xenoblade or Last Story.  Hopefully they confirm a Western release later.

-Kirby Wii.  I don't want to buy it, but dammit, it's too adorable to pass up.

where is pikmin 3... ??? not even on the upcoming list from the press site...

We are Wii....Waiting for Pikmin 3! and Pikmin 2 NPC...

Playing:

- Donkey Kong Country Returns

- Minecraft!

-  Venezuela FTW!       

zelda,epic mickey, and donkey kong country. what else is their. That was the highlight in my opinion. I'm just not a hand-held kind of a guy.

I am not surprised that Vitality Sensor was not shown. I have a strange feeling it will be a key feature of Nintendo's next hardware iteration. I think they determined it needed to be something included within the control interface instead of an add on, so that games with or without the nunchuck or classic controller setup will all be  able to take advantage of the technology. 

I think it is a simple Heart Rate Monitor, that may be able to detect pressures applied on the controller, etc. to determine your tension level or something of the sort, to vary your gameplay experiences... I don't think Nintendo have forgotten about the concept, but have instead decided to forego their hand for the next improvement in Nintendo systems.