By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony is scamming ya'll. Keep supporting the devil.

Shadowfest3 said:

I think 3D tvs are cool but I really don't want to wear those glasses every time I play a game or watch a show.  Also, I really don't have the money to buy a 3D tv.  So, until 3D tv's are a common thing and the prices are affordable, for my pockets, then I won't be buying one anytime soon.

Yeah I don't want to wear those glasses either.  It's going to be a long time before I get a 3d tv because I'm waiting until they are affordable and they can replicate the 3d effect without the use of glasses like nintendo is saying the 3ds can do.

Around the Network

I will never buy a 3D TV, at least not until a few years down the road when the price goes drastically down and they find a way to enable 3D without the glasses. I just bought my own HDTV for gods sake! Sony must be crazy if they think I, or any other self respecting person will run out and spend $2000 on ANOTHER TV when HDTV is just starting to penetrate the mainstream.

You just KNOW as soon as you buy a 3DTV, they will start coming out with "new and improved 3D", without the use of glasses, or better clarity or something.

Every company is out to get your money, but Sony seems to be the most guilty of this. They were after all, the same company that believed its brand name was so strong that people would spend $600 on a PS3, and with no games on it and tried to push Blu ray on people that didn't necessarilly want it.

I could barely justify a $220 used PS3.. To think that some people actually spent $600 on a PS3, not to mention the costs of an HDTV, makes me sick to my stomach.

weezy said:

PS3 owners, not only did we have to already upgrade our TV one time to 1080p, but now our TV is fucking worthless when PS3 releases its 3D games!! Hip Hip HoRaay!!

It is all because Sony makes other home electronics(TV'S).  They are, and will be cramming these 3D tv's down our throat's.

Im pretty sure Sony forgot to tell us we are needed to spend $5000 on two TV's(Sony is praying you buy thier TV's) on top of a $400 PS3.

Because im sure they wouldn't just do this because they are losing a console war and they need to compete so they are insisting we buy one of thier 3D TV's. You know? For thier new little nifty venture into 3D gaming with a Sony Touch..

I cannot wait to see how Sony justifies this whole 3D TV thing while showing off their own version of Nintendo Wii on a 3D TV.

Anytime you buy anything from Sony they will just kick you in your fucking balls a couple years down the road.

You could just not buy a 3D TV and wait for a real solution to come to the market in a few years.

I just bought a really nice 46" TV. I'm not planning on buying another one until 3D TV using the passive glass system or glassless are available.

Metallicube said:

I will never buy a 3D TV, at least not only a few years down the road when the price goes drastically down and they find a way to enable 3D without the glasses. I just bought my own HDTV for gods sake! Sony must be crazy if they think I, or any other self respecting person will run out and spend $2000 on ANOTHER TV when HDTV is just starting to penetrate the mainstream.

You just KNOW as soon as you buy a 3DTV, they will start coming out with "new and improved 3D", without the use of glasses, or better clarity or something.

Every company is out to get your money, but Sony seems to be the most guilty of this. They were after all, the same company that believed its brand name was so strong that people would spend $600 on a PS3, and with no games on it.

I could barely justify a $220 used PS3.. To think that some people actually spent $600 on a PS3, not to mention the costs of an HDTV, makes me sick to my stomach.

People are never gonna let that go are they?

As for this thread...I lol'd

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

...and for the record, if Sony does come out with some tagline claiming that the only way to get the "Real PS3  experience" is to buy their 3DTVs, I'm selling mine.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Soonerman said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I disagree!

You have the option not to upgrade!!!

But.... i thought MS's option to upgrade with the Arcade WAS a rip off. The same does not apply to Sony?!?!?! I'm confused!

No the same doesn't apply to SONY, the terms and conditions for it to apply to them are different!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

New technology sucks and every improvement is trying to steal my money. I prefer the old days when men were hunters and women were gatherers! Man, we you used to live right back then, to a ripe old age of 19 or 21. I am thinking about joining the Amish as technology is scary!

Soonerman said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I disagree!

But.... i thought MS's option to upgrade with the Arcade WAS a rip off. The same does not apply to Sony?!?!?! I'm confused!

Soonerman said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I disagree!

Double Standard...

Now, don't get me wrong, the THEORY of 3D gaming is cool(if a bit gimmicky). However, this is a case of when the theory of something being cool has outstripped the technology. Sony is using the theory of "starving the beast" in that, if you present the product, the non-existant market will form around it. Just put it out there, and figure out how to make it work after you've developed it.

It's good that they are trying to be innovators and leaders, but it's bad that they don't know how to properly impliment anything, it seems, and apparently they rely on simple luck and hope when it comes to their vastly expensive technologies and their sales potential. This just isn't going to be significant, there isn't a large enough gaming market with 3D capable sets, and so if they FOCUS on 3D, they will alienate a large portion of their audience.

Now, with the 3DS....lol, Nintendo knows how to sell a gimmick guys. They are gonna totally turn this 3D thing into a vastly profitable venture with their handheld, and Sony simply won't be able to make much money off of it at all, despite being one of the first companies to see its potential.

Basically, Sony sees the potential in 3D and sells it to the consumer base. Nintendo comes in and makes billions and billions of dollars off of it with its superior but much more simplistic technology, while Sony probably loses money over the whole debacle for the first several years, perfects their advanced technology, which every other manufacturer will probably beat them to the market with anyway. That's my prediction.

Sony has management. Normal management. Nintendo has godlike management and business sense, and it is very hard to compete with them.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.