By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 2010 Press Conference Thread

BBH said:
Maynard_Tool said:
BBH said:
Maynard_Tool said:
BBH said:
Sardauk said:
BBH said:

If they sell a bundle with Kinect and Console for $300 - they will be making big losses

You have the figures ?

It's a very popular, educated guess.

Natal is probably being sold at MS's lowest point at the moment (ie Break even point). With a $300 bundle they are losing $150 - plus or minus any profit on the new 360 model.

Also take into account Kinect's huge marketing costs.

Care to disagree with my points? My intellectual superior... 

Oh no, I wouldn't dare to defy your points based on..... well, your total understanding, and superior knowledge about the X360 and kinect well supported with.... well, I can't say proof. But your total (help me out here) yes.... random numbers about it.

Oh no, Science help me

W.T.F?

Natal is priced at $150, the new console is priced at $299. That's all you need to know, and a bit of basic Business understanding.

$150 $299 = $449

If they are selling that for $300 - Guess what, chances are they'l be making a loss.

Ok.... Kinect is not yet priced, and there's still not X360 Kinect bundle, therefore there's also not a price for it.

Like you said, chances are.... what if Kinect is priced at 150, but it only costs 100 to make. They are making a $50 profit there. If they already make a profit on the X360, they wouldn't be losing a penny.

Since you don't know how much are they winning/losing on the X360, and you don't know how much kinect development cost, and best of all, you don't even know the price for it, or any bundles for that matter..... you can't make those type of  "educated guesses"

Around the Network

Micro$oftcore!!! FTL

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

10 simple things that'd have totally turned this conference around (imo)...

1. Slim priced at $199
  2. Reasonable price announced for Kinect (ie: $99 w/game)
  3. Core oriented Rare properties with Kinect integration (Conker, Blast Corps, Banjo-Kazooie, etc)
  4. Hulu for 360 
  5. Nomura in shoulder tapping betrayalaton (Versus day-and-date multi)
  6. Mass Effect III announced (console exclusive)
  7. MMO flood (APB, Monster Hunter Frontier, Final Fantasy XIV, etc)
  8. Valve games (where was Portal 2?)
  9. Decent 3rd party games reel (remind people of all the content that IS coming)
  10. Crackdown 2 demo (wtf, where was it?!)

richardhutnik said:
Slimebeast said:

Yes, the dance and fitness game looked very good.

The animal game, how did that look like? I missed that!

Terminal, over the top, cutness.  I think it was so cute, it causes the faces of core gamers to melt.

Haha, cool. I am there soon I think (watching the show).

Halo Reach looked fantastic. Gears 3 not so much. But Halo Reach, so much stuff going on at the screen, and everything looks big and epic.

so these are the third-party games:

EA Sports Active 2 from EA, Dance Masters from Konami, Deca Sports Freedom from Hudson, Adrenalin Misfits from Konami, Zumba Fitness from Majesco, Sonic Free Riders from SEGA, The Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout from THQ, Motion Sports from Ubisoft, and Game Party: In Motion from Warner Bros.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network
Wagram said:

My hype for Fable 3 dropped. and I will not be purchasing it now. The first Fable is one of the most pathetic pieces of *expletive word here* I have ever played in my entire life. and I will be selling the 2nd one off on eBay.

Then why on Earth led you to have any "hype" for the third one?  And was there anything from this conference that you liked?

@themanwithnoname, I'm a Fable fan, it didn't excite me.  Just my opinion but I'm glad at least some people found promise in it.

The thing they screwed up with Fable 2 was that before you even reached the end game you could have already leveled up completely.  So there was no such thing as a mage, or a fighter.  Every character became skilled in every aspect.

Typical RPGs at least make it where if you specialize in something you suck very much at the things you don't specialize in, Fable 1 followed that formula and hense forth was replayable at least.  I was more excited about the kingdom governing features of Fable 3 and the possible Kinect use and neither of those were shown.

Maynard_Tool said:
BBH said:
Maynard_Tool said:
BBH said:
Maynard_Tool said:
BBH said:
Sardauk said:
BBH said:

If they sell a bundle with Kinect and Console for $300 - they will be making big losses

You have the figures ?

Natal is probably being sold at MS's lowest point at the moment (ie Break even point). With a $300 bundle they are losing $150 - plus or minus any profit on the new 360 model.

Oh no, I wouldn't dare to defy your points based on..... well, your total understanding, and superior knowledge about the X360 and kinect well supported with.... well, I can't say proof. But your total (help me out here) yes.... random numbers about it.

Oh no, Science help me

W.T.F?

Natal is priced at $150, the new console is priced at $299. That's all you need to know, and a bit of basic Business understanding.

$150 $299 = $449

If they are selling that for $300 - Guess what, chances are they'l be making a loss.

Ok.... Kinect is not yet priced, and there's still not X360 Kinect bundle, therefore there's also not a price for it.

Like you said, chances are.... what if Kinect is priced at 150, but it only costs 100 to make. They are making a $50 profit there. If they already make a profit on the X360, they wouldn't be losing a penny.

Since you don't know how much are they winning/losing on the X360, and you don't know how much kinect development cost, and best of all, you don't even know the price for it, or any bundles for that matter..... you can't make those type of  "educated guesses"

'Amazing Technology' costs a fair bit to R&D and produce.

And MS will be pricing Natal as low as they can to get it into people's homes and quick. They aren't going to flop around with high profit margins early on.

BBH said:
Maynard_Tool said:
BBH said:
Maynard_Tool said:
BBH said:
Sardauk said:
BBH said:

You have the figures ?

Oh no, Science help me

W.T.F?

$150 $299 = $449

And the new Arcade price is 150 dollars, 150  plus 150 = 300 :P

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

salaminizer said:

so these are the third-party games:

EA Sports Active 2 from EA, Dance Masters from Konami, Deca Sports Freedom from Hudson, Adrenalin Misfits from Konami, Zumba Fitness from Majesco, Sonic Free Riders from SEGA, The Biggest Loser: Ultimate Workout from THQ, Motion Sports from Ubisoft, and Game Party: In Motion from Warner Bros.

Microsoft wanted to get some of the Wii's success.  They now have the same third-party games that the Wii did.  The rest is up to them.  Literally.