By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 2010 Press Conference Thread

Soriku said:

So is Sony going to focus on the Move like MS did with KInect?

Probably but they will probably show more hardcore games since they have two systems the psp and ps3.

Around the Network

Yea. I'd say 7/10

Was 9.5/10 at the start.

joeorc said:
kowenicki said:

Im amazed at some of the reactiuons here...

kinect delivered BIG TIME

kinect games looked v good

the big 3 games blockbuster games looked amazing

COD has timed exclusivity for 3 years on DLC

there was an unannounced crytek exclusive

and a new console... with a bigger HDD and built in wifi for the same price available TOMORROW.

come on fellas... get over the bias and admit that was a good conference.

I know it seem's no matter what some companies do they cannot seem to get any prop's from some gamer's.

I for one though Microsoft had a pretty good conference.

the fact that the redesign goes on sale this week is great, it will spurn new sales..

though as for :

"kinect delivered BIG TIME"

well I for one agree it was pretty darn good, some would disagree, but one of the thing's i like and I think that will go overwith pretty big is the dance instruction function. My Wife would go nuts over that

I think myself that is going to get big interest, because it's got the real dance move's in it and it teaches you those.

that is pretty good in my opinion.

My almost 3 year old son ran over during the animals game showing and said "Daddy I wanna play that, I wanna play with that kitty"

Win = MSFT

My wife will love the workout game, my daughter will love the dance thing from Harmo and we can all play the goofy looking games together. They seem to have hit the spot they were aiming for with Natal Kinetic.

dam nothing appealing at all, typical cod, typical halo, typical gears, mgs and the crytek look interesting but need a lot of work. espn looked ok, but not avaliable for aus.

No "new" promising games for the hardcore. But i must admit kinect looks promising, microsoft got owned by 3rd party developers imho for promoting kinect. Dont understand what turn 10 announced, who cares about the specs of a car? surely it cant be a feature requiring an announcement. Looking forward to kinect, they have my money, but looks like the exclusives for the hardcore is being ignored.

life is based on deception-carving up xbox live down under-π

So.... now "casual" games are the cool thing? Are we done bashing them?

Damn it, all those people got a new slim for free? Damn MS, you really now how to put a show.... well, how to end one.

I might buy one and finally get all 3 consoles

Around the Network

No killerapp for me ;_;

i think a mod needs to wander through this thread swinging the ban hammer about.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Well I'm a pretty big MS fan, but this has to go down as one of the biggest flops of all time.  The lack of Kinect being sold with every 360 from here on out makes it just an add-on device that will go unsupported.  I'm guessing a sales rate of 5 to 1 for every 360 sold per kinect device. Even worse older 360's will need a sensor to work with kinect.  I don't think will see a lot of gamers running out to grab one.

I guess on the bright side, we can now assume this will fail and we can look forward to a new console announced possibly next year.

Wagram said:
darthdevidem01 said:

The kinect stuff was BRILLIANT

but it ended up being slightly disappointing because in terms of new traditional games, not much was announced at all.

Only thing I found remotely good about Kinect was the Dance game. It's not my style of game, but it did impress me.

I liked ALL the kinect stuff except for the running thingy and the kart game.

The fitness game look FANTASTIC, so does the dance game

Kinectimals looks amazing!

But again thats all....what else was there in this conference apart from confirmned games? One Crytek exclusive yeah.

But After Kinect excited me that much it ended in disappointment because they just didn't announce much.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I guess all that Final Fantasy Versus XIII going multiplat rumours can stop for now lol