By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EEDAR- Sony position Move as upgrade to Wii, devs more excited about 3DS

Cutting price every time the division starts making profit is a guaranteed way to make no money.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network
allenfake said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
allenfake said:

So what you're saying is that people don't care about improvements in technology and that they are inclined to buy the products that they are familiar with? You could apply that to the HD platforms, people don't care about the hardware power and unless I'm mistaken Wii is the market leader and people are more likely to buy a Wii (or upgrade of the Wii) due to previous experience.

But from what I understand from your post, do you think that if they release a Wii that glows in the dark with pretty decals on the side the mass market will flock to it simply because they think that it's better without knowing the technical specs?

PEOPLE DO

JUST THAT THE CASUALS do critically care about things as much as a casual.

For xample they don't care and most don't know if UNCHARTED 2 is the best looking game or some other.

yes they would flock to it

are you insane?do you really think every girl or mom or kid out there really knows or cares much about gaming,they just buying what they think would be good for them?

do you think most people buying HDTV's know what the fuckingn difference is there between HDMI 1.2,HDMI 1.3,HDMI 1.4.

NO THEY DUCKING DON'T

DO yo think they know the fucking difference between Polarised and active shutter 3D,NO THEY DON'T?

you really think all those who bought Modern WARFARE 2 followed it all along,saw what improvements it had ?]

no they didn't as kids wanted to have the 'COOL' thing,play what their friends were playing and everybody else,discuss and have what everybody else had.

talk a little bit mature

just because most of us on this site care a bout all the little techicle details not everybody else does

you are like one of those person saying just because i know it,you expext everybody else to know it too

Did you even read my post? I never said that everybody else should be aware of the specs and hardware, I mentioned familiarity, brand equity. I also said that people are not aware and don't care about the technical aspects and thus it isn't a deciding factor and yet you make a massive rant about me not being mature and make completely random comments. Some reading comprehension is due.

So you're saying that people are not aware of the differences between the systems and the deciding factor is the 'coolness' of the console? Well that's kinda subjective and I'm pretty sure the Wii is 'cool' right now.

But you do agree with me that a glow in the dark wii would work due to peoples' past experiences? So you're actually agreeing with my by disagreeing???

i reslly didn't understand what you said there

Grimes said:

Cutting price every time the division starts making profit is a guaranteed way to make no money.

SW does msake most of the profit

so as far as they sell for a no loss or for minor one,its alrite

c0rd said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

but just think with the moment SONY was coming into this gen and brand being the biggest of biggest,at a low price of $299 it would have just overshadowed the Wii

Can you explain this video to me, then?

There's no price on either console in E3 (actually, the lines themselves can be considered one), so the lack of interest in the PS3 here cannot be excused by its $599 tag. The console people are more interested in will get more attention.

Below, people at E3 rush out for a chance to play the Wii

It should be obvious from these vids that the excitement the Wii generated has absolutely nothing to do with the PS3.

(damn VGC 3.0. will get this embed up...)

u again didn't understand what i meant

yes WII MADE ALOT OF EXCITEMENT same as Dreamcast,XBOX

but when one system starts off with a good start the others get overshadowed na dmost people who don't follow gaming don't really get to know it

and you posting a video of a big line doesn't prove anything

that video only shows a few people not the million who don't follow gaming,foolish way to prove ur point

TX109 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
TX109 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
TX109 said:

@Solid_Snake4RD

do you honestly think that the Wii was only successful because of its pricepoint? no, the wii was successful because of its new ideas (motion controls), great games, and nintendo targeting the HUGE casual audience. which it did successfully. price had very little to do with it. they arent the massive deciding factor you seem to think they are.

No i don't think Wii was only succesful because of its price point

you aren't understanding what i am trying to say here

for example Dreamcast and Gamecube were also very good consoles but they just got overshadowed by the mighty Playstation 2 which has a lot of momentum from PS1 and the $299 price point.

the Wii was succesful cause it got on with the casual who don't follow gaming but most that is popular,so if PAS3 was to be $299 it would have gotten big sales at the start like PS2 and Wii would never have been popular as casuals wouldn't have come to know about it

why do you think that "casuals" only follow what is popular?

the wii targeted the casual audience to great affect with fun pick-up-and-play games (much like the PS2) and interesting new tech. im sure if the PS3 had been $300 at launch it would have done WAY better than it is now, but it still wouldnt be as big as the wii. the wii won "casuals", which is a massive ausience, with strait-up fun and easy games and a new way to play them. that is something Sony didnt do.

PS2 didn't become popular because it was fun to play

but because when it luanched,it from the start with all the hardcore gamers had big sales so it was popular

if PS3 had started at $299,it would have been in first place because from start everybody would have upgraded

people wouldn't have moved onto the 360 and wii

u think with Nintendo name being equal to shit in console space when Wii launched and Playstation brand being the biggest thing.Wii would still have sold well................lmao

so your saying the PS2 was popular because it wasnt fun to play and it survived and thrived only on the hardcore who only bought it because it was sony?...wha?

the wii is popular not because nintendo made the system, but because it succesfully targeted an audience far bigger than "the hardcore" audience, the "casuals". you know, those who didnt play video games or even those who didnt want a super hardcore system. and hey, some may have got it because it was cheaper, but the low price did not dictate the wii's succes alone as you seem to think. most bought the Wii mainly because it was a fun and easy system with alot of fun and easy games and an interesting new way to play. whereas Sony only targeted the hardcore which was a mistake. nintendo saw the potential in this audience, took a risk, and succeeded.

you think that brand name and price point=100% of all sales......................lmao

no i didn't say PS2 was not popular but that at the start of PS2 generation,hardcore gamers from the start bought the system so it become more popular

you really think a casual goes onto upgrading their game system as fast as a new generation launches.no they don't but hardcores do and thats what helped PS2 and the old succes of PS1.

do you think everybody out there even knew when Wii was launched or announced,no they din't they just followed it because of it was the thing to get that time.the Wii sales weren't good at first but they just took off in the second year.now tell me if PS3 was $299,it would have taken off from the first year itself and then Wii sales would have been low like you can see now,even though PS3 is cheap and has good games,Wii succes just overshadowed it and it is being difficult for the PS3 to climb in sales

brand name and price point alone don't make 100% of sales but they make you have a good start and once you have that,it is hard for other people to dethrone you

you think the iphones are better than the other powerful phones,no they arent't but APPLE names blinds people who just don't follow specs.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Xxain said:

SONY is definitely gonna lose that battle..lol..NINTENDO is literally one step ahead as always.

As always?  You mean... Like the Nintendo 64 and the GameCube?

You made a funny.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Grimes said:

The problem is the hardware losses so far is billions more than the software profits. If you take out the PS2 and PSP profits, the PS3 is still deep in the red. If you increase the hardware losses, the losses will just pile on the billions already lost.

Meanwhile, the competitors are making billions in profits while you're still taking losses just to gain market share back.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

If Sony can throw the right software at move. and actually capture the HD audience who doesn't really care for the Nintendo-esque take on Motion controls. They could be a HUGE force to be reckon with.

Grimes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Grimes said:

The problem is the hardware losses so far is billions more than the software profits. If you take out the PS2 and PSP profits, the PS3 is still deep in the red. If you increase the hardware losses, the losses will just pile on the billions already lost.

Meanwhile, the competitors are making billions in profits while you're still taking losses just to gain market share back.

if you are talking about the past PS3 losses then yes it would be hard to recover them

but if you are talking about current then PS3 is making profit

and the loss SONY suffered for last to years would be covered fast

Solid_Snake4RD said:
TX109 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
TX109 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
TX109 said:

@Solid_Snake4RD

do you honestly think that the Wii was only successful because of its pricepoint? no, the wii was successful because of its new ideas (motion controls), great games, and nintendo targeting the HUGE casual audience. which it did successfully. price had very little to do with it. they arent the massive deciding factor you seem to think they are.

No i don't think Wii was only succesful because of its price point

you aren't understanding what i am trying to say here

for example Dreamcast and Gamecube were also very good consoles but they just got overshadowed by the mighty Playstation 2 which has a lot of momentum from PS1 and the $299 price point.

the Wii was succesful cause it got on with the casual who don't follow gaming but most that is popular,so if PAS3 was to be $299 it would have gotten big sales at the start like PS2 and Wii would never have been popular as casuals wouldn't have come to know about it

why do you think that "casuals" only follow what is popular?

the wii targeted the casual audience to great affect with fun pick-up-and-play games (much like the PS2) and interesting new tech. im sure if the PS3 had been $300 at launch it would have done WAY better than it is now, but it still wouldnt be as big as the wii. the wii won "casuals", which is a massive ausience, with strait-up fun and easy games and a new way to play them. that is something Sony didnt do.

PS2 didn't become popular because it was fun to play

but because when it luanched,it from the start with all the hardcore gamers had big sales so it was popular

if PS3 had started at $299,it would have been in first place because from start everybody would have upgraded

people wouldn't have moved onto the 360 and wii

u think with Nintendo name being equal to shit in console space when Wii launched and Playstation brand being the biggest thing.Wii would still have sold well................lmao

so your saying the PS2 was popular because it wasnt fun to play and it survived and thrived only on the hardcore who only bought it because it was sony?...wha?

the wii is popular not because nintendo made the system, but because it succesfully targeted an audience far bigger than "the hardcore" audience, the "casuals". you know, those who didnt play video games or even those who didnt want a super hardcore system. and hey, some may have got it because it was cheaper, but the low price did not dictate the wii's succes alone as you seem to think. most bought the Wii mainly because it was a fun and easy system with alot of fun and easy games and an interesting new way to play. whereas Sony only targeted the hardcore which was a mistake. nintendo saw the potential in this audience, took a risk, and succeeded.

you think that brand name and price point=100% of all sales......................lmao

no i didn't say PS2 was not popular but that at the start of PS2 generation,hardcore gamers from the start bought the system so it become more popular

you really think a casual goes onto upgrading their game system as fast as a new generation launches.no they don't but hardcores do and thats what helped PS2 and the old succes of PS1.

do you think everybody out there even knew when Wii was launched or announced,no they din't they just followed it because of it was the thing to get that time.the Wii sales weren't good at first but they just took off in the second year.now tell me if PS3 was $299,it would have taken off from the first year itself and then Wii sales would have been low like you can see now,even though PS3 is cheap and has good games,Wii succes just overshadowed it and it is being difficult for the PS3 to climb in sales

brand name and price point alone don't make 100% of sales but they make you have a good start and once you have that,it is hard for other people to dethrone you

you think the iphones are better than the other powerful phones,no they arent't but APPLE names blinds people who just don't follow specs.

so your saying people have no idea what they are buying? your saying that people are just buying it because it is cheap? 

and if the hardcore helped boost sales for the PS2(which cost more than the GC) why didnt they help the sales of the PS3?

not everybody who doesn't follow video games and the industry was ignorant to the wii, while knowing exactly what the PS3 was. how many times must it be said? Nintendo managed to capture the eyes of many people who werent into video games, as well they managed to catch the eyes of those who wanted a (fairly) simple, family friendly system. this was achieved through great advertisement, new innovations, and games that appealed to those kind of people. whats the point of buying a system just because its cheap? my memory may be fuzzy, but i didnt see sony doing that. in fact i remember sony trying to distance themselves from the "casual" market. to say that people had no idea what the wii was is ridiculous. if that were the case, the wii wouldnt be so popular.

and maybe some people did pick up the wii because it was popular, but that happens with virtually everything. including the PS2.

you may be right, brand and price may give a boost in the begining, but saying that the wii's success and the PS3's....failure/stumble/ lack of success(take your pick) were all entirely based on price is completely wrong.

the facts are all there, and the fact that you refuse to see them is beyond me. im done here. good-bye