By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz wants me to die lonely

Khuutra said:

I'm still only getting non-friends! I wonder what is different about my setup.

I get updates when non-friends post on my friends wall but not the other way round. If thats what you mean.

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
Khuutra said:

I'm still only getting non-friends! I wonder what is different about my setup.

I get updates when non-friends post on my friends wall but not the other way round. If thats what you mean.

I suppose that might be it.

I think people are mixing up the purpose of a social website like Facebook and a forum.  Websites like Facebook are where you go to keep in touch with friends.   Forums are places designed for complete strangers to meet and discuss a primary topic.  Do people occasionally form friendships via forums?  Yes.  Just look at me and Outlawauron.  I've actually stayed at the dude's house for days at a time.  However, that's a byproduct of the forum, not the purpose.

social website = meet with friends to talk about anything
forum = meet with strangers to talk about a specific thing

The current layout of gamrConnect promotes the former vs the latter.  I suppose it's benefitial for people that have made a lot of friends on here (like me!), but for everyone else?  And even I get rather annoyed finding out that random dude X who sent me a friend request months ago and who I no longer even recognize just gave Big Rigs a 7.  I'm here to talk sales, darn it!  Not keep tabs on a bunch of people I barely know!

I'm molesting oxen now!