By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Coincidences That Make Me Believe PS3 Will Edge Out The 360 This Holiday

Coincidences That Make Me Believe The PS3 Will Outsell The 360 this Holiday Season

As many might know Im a very spiritual and religious person I often rely on uncommon things to believe in stuff than many might not take the time to really ponder about.  I think there was a thread last year were someone said that the PS3 will out sell the 360 for the holidays and the thread maker was correct, I will attempt to do the same so consider this as a prediction of mine also.

Ok so lets get to the beef on why I think this will happen b/c Im reading a lot of fighting words such as Reach this, Natal that, 360 Slim this, 360 price cut that 360 will own late 2010.  I believe that the 360 will be able to outsell it for only around August- September if anything, then PS3 will have the slight edge this holiday season similar to the situation in 2007

Coincidences or Fate?

1 Every time a Halo game was released the PS3 outsold the 360 for the holidays 2007 Halo3 2009 Halo ODST Halo Reach is scheduled to release this fall for the 360

2 Every year there was a Gears of War game the 360 had the edge for the holidays Gears3 is not scheduled to release this year

3 In 2007 the year that the PS3 had a slight advantage sales wise Infamous was announced just recently Infamous2 was announced

4 In 2007 the year that the PS3 had a slight advantage sales wise SOCOM Confrontation  was announced just recently SOCOM 4 was announced

5 In 2007 the year that the PS3 had a slight advantage sales wise GTProloge was first released I believe GT5 will release this year   

6 Finally something that everyone can relate to b/c they might think the above reasons are not good enough or mean nothing although they mean alot to me on deciding things for the future

The PS3 is at $299 and I believe that sony are holding back on supply to create demand come holiday 2010 sony will unleash massive amounts of supply in many forms as well.  These forms I believe will include killer bang for your buck bundles including Move and the almighty GT5.

In 2007 when the arcade was $280 and the PS3 was $400 with a price difference of $120 the PS3 was still able to show dominance, I believe the cheapest 360 sku this year will be $150 and the cheapest PS3 will be $300 that’s a difference of $150 not that far off.

Considering epic games for the PS3 will be releasing like GT5, SOCOM4, LBP2, Motorstorm3, Truth or Lies, Move and many Move titles, EyePet, and 3D support, Cross game chat, Free blu ray player.  Possibly Resistance3, FFVersus, New Dave Jaffe game, and Agent.  I don’t think that extra $20 price differences will matter.  I also believe that the 360 has reached its saturation in most regions so any price cut wont help it much sales wise.

Post If you feel these coincidences mean the same for you

Post if you think they mean nothing and Im just an idiot for thinking of this

Post other coincidences that I may have left out for either console

Post what you think will happen this holiday season and if you think the ps3 can outsell the 360 or the other way around and your reasoning why

Play Me

Around the Network

PS3 will dominate, Xbox360 price drop or not ==> ONLY IF Natal does not take the world by storm !!!!!!!!!!!!!! basically, all will depend of the counter hype generated by the Move or any new Wii accessory ...

Time to Work !

reminds me of squillium..

I disagree btw

mM

You're so freaking funny BHR-3.

"Im a very spiritual and religious person I often rely on uncommon things" and then comes a sales prediction lol.

Ths thread reminded me of another funny post of yours the other day, it was about cover system in a new game, and something about staring into a wall. Damit, I can't find it!!

Not sure, but hopefully PS3 will.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Don't think so, I think Natal is gonna have attention this year. Hopefully 360 will regain some lost ground. Outside NA of course since it still leads on a weekly bases for the most part there.

You forgot the stars. What are the stars saying?

Playstation 4 will take all of the attention..  nothing not even the wii can take the spotlight off a new console.. like the playstation 4...

playstation 4 will take us all..

4 we.. are all one... he ... he... he... pray station 4.....

he.... he..... he....4 we believe... in..... 4  =DF!@#$!$@#$PS4!@%#^$?%%^

mM
leo-j said:

Playstation 4 will take all of the attention..  nothing not even the wii can take the spotlight off a new console.. like the playstation 4...

playstation 4 will take us all..

4 we.. are all one... he ... he... he... pray station 4.....

he.... he..... he....4 we believe... in..... 4  =DF!@#$!$@#$PS4!@%#^$?%%^

Do you know what this means?!?

It means that this damn thing doesn't work at all!

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.