By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Coincidences That Make Me Believe PS3 Will Edge Out The 360 This Holiday

IrishCollie said:

I don't see how the 360 slim wont make just as big an impact as the ps3 slim did, you people are either fanboys, in denial or just plain stupid. The redesign of the 360 not to mention Kinect will skyrocket sales not only to newcomers but to pre-existing owners who want to upgrade their systems(which is what happened with PS3), which is what I'm doing and I have the MW2 console already. The playstation may have Move but the simple fact of the matter is not many people really care whereas with Kinect alot of people are looking into and a price tag of 100$-150$ wont stop them them if their interested enough.

360 could outsell the PS3 this fall, maybe. but the question is do people want kinect ?? its recieved a mixed reception so far, and a very high price point - in the regions of 150$. maybe the casuals will get it, but even the people i know with a wii dont seem interested.

Around the Network
A203D said:
IrishCollie said:

I don't see how the 360 slim wont make just as big an impact as the ps3 slim did, you people are either fanboys, in denial or just plain stupid. The redesign of the 360 not to mention Kinect will skyrocket sales not only to newcomers but to pre-existing owners who want to upgrade their systems(which is what happened with PS3), which is what I'm doing and I have the MW2 console already. The playstation may have Move but the simple fact of the matter is not many people really care whereas with Kinect alot of people are looking into and a price tag of 100$-150$ wont stop them them if their interested enough.

360 could outsell the PS3 this fall, maybe. but the question is do people want kinect ?? its recieved a mixed reception so far, and a very high price point - in the regions of 150$. maybe the casuals will get it, but even the people i know with a wii dont seem interested.

I think the casuals will buy it and it might actually do well.  It's way too early to know but the method I usually use to see if something is going to sell well is I look  at gamestop's and amazon's game charts.  If it is in the top 5 consistently for a sustained period of time on both charts then it's usually at least a million seller.  Right now Kinect is #2 on the amazon charts and #4 at gamestop even with it being priced at $150.

why does this only taken into account what sony is doing and not what nintendo is doing?

I am going to go with coincidence. 

Kinect! who needs video games!

i wanna see if GT5 is strong enough to fight against kinect.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

gustave154 said:

i wanna see if GT5 is strong enough to fight against kinect.

I am thinking that GT5 will win, but thats just due to kinect having supply issues.  GT5 will i suppose get like 7 million (could be way more) for the rest of the year, kinect will get around 5 million

Kinect! who needs video games!

Around the Network
IrishCollie said:

Thing is that with the PS3 slim also came the rebranding, the new marketing, a $100 price drop, and great games, all helped it push it's way all the way till holidays. On the other hand, the 360 slim is basically the redesign, not even a price drop (Well, except for the old SKU's, but that's in order to get rid of them). Sure there will be an impact, but there is no way it will be as big as the PS3's.

Move and Kinect? Meh. Will pretty much counter each other.

That's right, just one "d"

In b4 "it's addict"
-----------------------------------------------
Add me:

Even if Kinetic was big (we all know it wont) ms has NOTHING to hold of GT5 and the mass of car fans/casual gamers it will bring. 

Why rely on those silly coincidences when it as is simple as the console that had the price cut had the momentum?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:

Why rely on those silly coincidences when it as is simple as the console that had the price cut had the momentum?

in 07 both had price drops ps3 down to $399 and 360 down to $280 and $350 so its not that simple this year i feel that maybe ps3 and 360 will just add features and keep the prices the same to go with my other prediction that new consoles wont come out till 2014 MS already with the 360S still at $299 and PS3 will axe the 120gb and release the new cech 2500 250gb for $299

on the new console thing those that say theyll come out 2012 and i know theres alot of you do you really think that MS would rerelease the 360 and add kinect to be on the market for only 2 more yrs? that doesnt make sense... nintendo is going to be in trouble

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
theRepublic said:

in 07 both had price drops ps3 down to $399 and 360 down to $280 and $350 so its not that simple this year i feel that maybe ps3 and 360 will just add features and keep the prices the same to go with my other prediction that new consoles wont come out till 2014 MS already with the 360S still at $299 and PS3 will axe the 120gb and release the new cech 2500 250gb for $299

on the new console thing those that say theyll come out 2012 and i know theres alot of you do you really think that MS would rerelease the 360 and add kinect to be on the market for only 2 more yrs? that doesnt make sense... nintendo is going to be in trouble

I'm really not sure about this. it dosent seem logical to me that the companies would think about releasing new HD consoles for 2012. the reason is because the Wii has outperformed both despite being an inferior model. and it has cost sony and M$ a lot of resources to get this far, the PS3 only recently turning a profit. it dosent make sense to manufacture newer, more expensive, more powerful consoles when the current gen consoles havent reached their thresholds yet.

it seems to me like there are some people not satisfied with the current gen consoles for whatever reason and want the next gen to start. i think this gen of consoles has only been taped into, a lot of the developers dont seem to have fully utilised the PS3's cell processor. i think theres another 5 years at least.i think GT5 & Killzone 3 especially will prove that.

i'm not sure what M$ are planning to do, they havent said whether they endorse a 10 year lifespan, but the relaunch of the 360 to me suggests they also dont want to launch a new console.