By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Yakuza 4 heading west spring 2011

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=250077

Sega will be releasing Yakuza 4 in the West in Spring 2011 as a PlayStation 3 exclusive, it's just confirmed.

"For the first time, Western fans will be able to experience the Japanese underworld not just through the eyes of Kiryu Kazuma, but three intriguing new characters each with their own compelling back-story and a gripping interwoven plot," it says.

Series creator, Toshihiro Nagoshi will be answering questions on the latest sequel at E3 2010 and you can submit your own at Yakuza-games.com.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweet, hopefully it will be better localized than Yakuza 3, so we avoid the cuts that were made to that.

Around the Network

Oooh, nice. I still want Kenzan and Yakuza PSP though

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

2011 just got better :D HELL YEAH!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Great! Yakuza 3 is an excellent game. I hope the hostess bar makes the cut this time. I know the sales for Yakuza 3 were much stronger than 1 and 2, so hopefully the localization budget has been upped enough to include all features this time around.

2011 is officially the new 2010.... or something!

Awesome news, I REALLY hope the game will be uncut for the western players. English VA would probably give it more sales numbers also.

Around the Network

Oh, no. If I am caught masturbating at work again, I'll get fired for sure.

Im now excited for 2011.  I hope nothing gets cut, but i guess better to have it arrived cut then to not have it at all.  As well Yakuza 3 had feature cut yet there was just so many things to do still, so i wont complain.  Im happy enough with this news.

I dont mind if there's no English audio, im use to Japanese w/ subtitles, tho of course it could help sales if there was English and have an option to choose which audio the player wants.

badgenome said:

LOLLLL

Nice! I know I'll end up playing as different characters but Kazzy will always have a special place in my <3

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

badgenome said:

oh, come on! As if someone wouldn't understand it in this case!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’