By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - inFamous 2 FIRST SCANS!!

And here I was really excited about the new inFamous game coming out,  but with all of these changes that were made I dont know about it anymore.  What were they thinking,  will have to see a trailer of gameplay before I make my final decision.

Around the Network

All new Cole haters, look at my sig.

4 ≈ One

will be an awesome game

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

snfr said:

Awesome! Now a trailer please!

As I said in another thread, I like the "old" Cole more than this one. But the new character model doesn't look bad either. I'm definitly hyped for inFamous 2 now.

Anyway... I think there will be people who won't like the game just because they changed Cole (which is a very stupid reason to dislike a game IMO).

Do you hear yourself? What if the story [which Cole the main character, his attitude and his general behavior around others is a very important part of] is one of the main reasons why someone liked the first game? This is an EXCELLENT reason to lose interest or dislike the second game.

4 ≈ One

Complete BS, i cant belive they changed so much, WTF Sucker Punch? I want the old Cole back. The original Cole made inFamous what it is, he brought the game to life, and it was the Cole we were introduced to and played as for 15 hours.

SP lost their damn minds, way to go and screw over your fans SP. This whole thing is as dumb as Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Around the Network
thedaftman said:
SnakeEyez said:
thedaftman said:

this was probably done because of the way the first one ended, they'll tie it together. 

What exactly are you talking about? Why they changed Cole's look? The different location?

both reasons, I am sure that they have good reasons and because it is a sequel they'll tie it together. 

You know... I'd be completely cool with this if they told me it was a completely different person... If this is Cole after the first game, I'm sorry but this guy just doesn't fit. I wanna know every single bit of what happened after the first game that got him to what he is now.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
thedaftman said:
SnakeEyez said:
thedaftman said:

this was probably done because of the way the first one ended, they'll tie it together. 

What exactly are you talking about? Why they changed Cole's look? The different location?

both reasons, I am sure that they have good reasons and because it is a sequel they'll tie it together. 

You know... I'd be completely cool with this if they told me it was a completely different person... If this is Cole after the first game, I'm sorry but this guy just doesn't fit. I wanna know every single bit of what happened after the first game that got him to what he is now.

Agreed, if it was some one else or another dimension then cool, but to change Cole with no other intention other than to get rid of the old Cole is not cool. It's as if this will be InFamous 1 like it's some sort of do over. "Opps we put the wrong Cole in the game guys". Imagine if tis was done to Halo or God of War, it would turn people off. Just stupid.

Dgc1808 said:
snfr said:

Awesome! Now a trailer please!

As I said in another thread, I like the "old" Cole more than this one. But the new character model doesn't look bad either. I'm definitly hyped for inFamous 2 now.

Anyway... I think there will be people who won't like the game just because they changed Cole (which is a very stupid reason to dislike a game IMO).

Do you hear yourself? What if the story [which Cole the main character, his attitude and his general behavior around others is a very important part of] is one of the main reasons why someone liked the first game? This is an EXCELLENT reason to lose interest or dislike the second game.

This is right if they change his whole personality, behaviour, etc. I only meant the character design, perhaps that wasn't very clear in my post.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

They changed the character design, yes.  But as much as I liked the first Cole, he looked a tad took much like protagonists in other western games.  SP obviously wanted to make him stand out from the pack.

Not sure if you could read the yellow box but I can...

"Cole's new persona goes beyond the obvious visual overhaul. It's changing the look but it's also diving a lot deeper into who the character is. We want him to be a little gritty [not sure if that's the word], a little street, without the grumpiness."

They're changing more than just the character design...

4 ≈ One