By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pacher Explains Why He Predicts WiiHD Believes Will Will Lose MarketShare

Arius Dion said:

^MakingMusic: Exactly.

Then why did the N64 and the GCN lag in sales?  Wii sold because of motion controls.  Wii Sports, Wii Fit are not incredible pieces of software.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
thx1139 said:
Arius Dion said:

Then why did the N64 and the GCN lag in sales?  Wii sold because of motion controls.  Wii Sports, Wii Fit are not incredible pieces of software.

Really they are.  So are Brain-Age and Nintendogs.  What people don't seem to get is that's it's software that actually sells people on the hardware innovations (touch screen, dual screen, motion control, IR pointer, balance board, etc), not the reverse.

thx1139 said:
Arius Dion said:

Because N64 and especially Gamecube, Nintendo wasn't able to really push system selling software. The interface was also becoming increasingly more complex. WS and WF ARE incredible pieces of software, you may not like them but apparently many people do. Hasn't WF sold more in America than the PS3 has sold consoles? Nuff said.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

I don't get why people pretend that  the "casual gamer" isn't interessted in hd graphics ?

The selling point of the wii is the new way to play

and if this new way to play looks even better they wanna have it

we're talking about an audience that buys ipods etc because the design is so "awesome" and everyone owns one  and not because it's the best player out there (no it's not)

that's  why it's logical because people are easy to impress with effects

mr_capello said:

I don't get why people pretend that  the "casual gamer" isn't interessted in hd graphics ?

we're talking about an audience that buys ipods etc because the design is so "awesome" and everyone owns one  and not because it's the best player out there (no it's not)

Its not that they are not interested, otherwise they wouldn't be buying HDTVs. Its that they are more than likely not interested in buying a $300 PS3 plus associated costs for 2 player Move system and games.

Instead, they would stick with the Wii as it provides the experience they are already satisfied with for a far less price.

Around the Network

seems people still don't get that part.

Monster Hunter Tri : Omegas

Behold! I am Omegas

leo-j said:
Metallicube said:

Jesus Christ Patcher.. The average consumer DOES NOT CARE about HD! Do you really think a 14 year old girl or old man buying the Wii is going to be like, you know.. these motion control games are awesome, but I'd REALLY love to play them in HD!

that's why the average consumer is upgrading to HD and why some are even upgrading to 3D HD TVs..

Yeah but they don't care about HD gaming for consoles.. If they did, why would the Wii be selling leaps and bounds ahead of the competition?

Don't make me laugh about 3D. Nobody is going to buy an 3D TV and wear stupid glasses, when most people are JUST NOW starting to get HD TVs..

People care about HD, again the issue is content.  If they could get Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros. in HD for a reasonable price, I'm sure they'd be all over it.   Just like I'm sure they'll be all over Nintendogs, Brain-Age and Pokemon in 3D.

superchunk said:
mr_capello said:

Its not that they are not interested, otherwise they wouldn't be buying HDTVs. Its that they are more than likely not interested in buying a $300 PS3 plus associated costs for 2 player Move system and games.

Instead, they would stick with the Wii as it provides the experience they are already satisfied with for a far less price.#s

yeah it's not  cheap that's right, but gaming is not realy a cheap hobby

It probably has more effect on people who don't own a console yet

mr_capello said:
superchunk said:
mr_capello said:

Instead, they would stick with the Wii as it provides the experience they are already satisfied with for a far less price.#s

yeah it's not  cheap that's right, but gaming is not realy a cheap hobby

It probably has more effect on people who don't own a console yet

If you don't own a console AND you own an HDTV, then yes you're still wrong.

Wii is $200 with tons of free games in the box in two color options. It has Wii Fit and a multitude of other great 'casual' based games.

A new PS3 w/Move and some games will be $100 more than the Wii and the games in question on either system are not graphics intensive games.

Its just not the same market.

Unless Move gets a ton of super unique (i.e. not ported to Wii) games that pull the same desire as Wii Sports/WSR/WFit/Mario Kart/NSMBWii/ etc etc, it will have no effect on this generation.