By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - You need a clear save of WKC1 to be able to play WKC2 --- WHAT!!!

Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
badgenome said:

"Clear save" generally means the save you made after you beat the game.

That dogs so cute!

And yeah thats what I thought it meant, but the move does sound a bit stupid. What if your PS3 hard drive breaks down the day before you get WKC2? I am NOT playing through WKC1 again unless the enemies actually try to kill me this time.

That very possible... My PS3 broke on the day of the originals release

oh yeah I remember when that happened to you.

And the worst thing is BHR-3 has predicted my PS3 might break down in 2010

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

This is business suicide.  "You can't play our new game unless you beat the first one in the series."  Has any game developer in history done this?  Most RPGs where you carry your save over are western (and then there's Suikoden) but no one I know of has ever tried to discourage people who might only be interested in the new game.  "You don't have to play the original" is a given in any sequel's PR talk.

I kind of like it.  Truly insane :)

Very stupid, that's how it sounds.

You make a guy clear a game just so he can play a close remake of the same game?

WTF?

superchunk said:

what is wkc?

It means White Knight Chronicles.

Now that I think about it, the bright side of it is, for those of us who are actually interested in playing the game, this means they really are going to let us have leveled up characters at the beginning of the sequel and not waste time with tutorials for newcomers to the battle system.

If you've never played the first game, you get an improved version for free with the second one.

If you played through the first game, don't want to play it again with (hopefully) more challenging enemies and faster battles, and lost your save somehow...  sounds like you're screwed. 

Around the Network
RafaelOrix said:
superchunk said:

what is wkc?

It means White Knight Chronicles.

Ah, that's why I didn't recognize it, not a game I was interested in. However, it would suck to buy a sequel to be forced to play the first one.

Alic0004 said:

Now that I think about it, the bright side of it is, for those of us who are actually interested in playing the game, this means they really are going to let us have leveled up characters at the beginning of the sequel and not waste time with tutorials for newcomers to the battle system.

If you've never played the first game, you get an improved version for free with the second one.

If you played through the first game, don't want to play it again, and lost your save...  sounds like you're screwed. 

I;m glad we'll be able to take in our levelled stuff into the 2nd game

But seriously the first game was easy, its scary if the second one could be easier

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Darth -- god, let's hope that doesn't happen.

If they can make the whole game as hard as the tier 3 stuff you only get to in the original after about 10 hours of multiplayer, WKC will be one of my favorite RPG battle systems.  As it is, it was pretty boring through most of single player.

Never bought WKC, but I am liking this idea and it will surely cause me to have interest in purchasing the sequel.

It will just be a super ridiculously long JRPG adventure for me with 2x the amount of Trophies to gain.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Thats a bitch ass move Level 5

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."