By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Will Obama be re-elected in 2012?

Will Obama be re-elected in 2012?

Yes 111 37.00%

No 98 32.67%

Too early to call 79 26.33%

I don't know 12 4.00%

Total:300

<table style="width: 90%;" border="0"><tr><td><strong>Armads said:</strong><br /><table style="width: 90%;" border="0"> <tbody><tr> <td><strong>mrstickball said:</strong><br> <table style="width: 90%;" border="0"> <tbody><tr> <td><strong>__XBrawlX__ said:</strong><br> <p>Why is everyone so cynical when they talk about him. Just last year this time people still loved him. And unlike Bush, who got re-elected, I fail to see in glaring flaws in what he has done so far...</p> <p>Could someone explain? (Im not American BTW)</p> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <p>Lets see:</p> <ul> <li>Promised a ticket of 'hope' and 'change', despite keeping us in 2 unpopular wars, and a lot of Bush-era policies.</li> <li>Was supposed to be a 'uniter' and bi-partisan, despite pushing through some glaringly one-sided .</li> <li>Has totally botched economic recovery with a poorly planned bailout.</li> <li>Currently botching the oil disaster - he's sat back, and waited for it to get worse and worse, spouting rhetoric with no actions.</li> <li>Has done nothing of major positive worth since his election a year and a half. America is, for the most part, worse off now than when he was elected. </li> <li>Fought for a very poor health care bill, instead of focusing on the economy. </li> </ul> <p>That would sum most of it up.</p> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <p>He did a lot to bring bipartisanship to the table, but republicans were having none of it.  It's not his fault, bipartisanship doesn't mean just giving the other party everything they want without putting up a fuss.  Obama gave a lot of concessions to republicans at first but they still did nothing for him so he dropped it altogether.</p> <p>Also would you just pull out of the wars?  That would be idiocy and a disaster scenario, the job must be finished we can't just cut and run.</p> <p>As for botching the economic recovery every economic analyst agrees that the stimulus packages and bailouts kept us from going into a longer and deeper recession,  our economy has been growing steadily for the past four months and jobs have been increasing.</p> <p>Nothing of worth?  The healthcare bill allows anyone to acquire healthcare and that effect was immediate, I know a good group of people who didn't have access before who do now. That effect was immediate and greatly positive.</p> <p> </p> <p>Sorry couldn't wait to read eight pages had to reply to this post, but I think he'll win because as joblessness slowly decreases more and more people are seeing for themselves that his policies are indeed working.</p></td></tr></table><br /><br />

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Nik24 said:

And most importantly the economy is recovering and just in may 400.000 new jobs were created.

431,000 jobs, actually... 411,000 of which were temporary census worker jobs.

Like me!

Which I'm at lunch.  Why the hell the government thinks it's a good idea to conduct census questionaires in Nevada... in the freaking summer i'll never know.

Outside all day 110 degree weather = No fun.

Oddly they keep hiring people despite their not being enough work for everybody that is already hired.

Ssenkahdavic said:

Looks like the opinion polls the day before the election!

Will Obama be re-elected in 2012?

Yes 61 35.26%

No 61 35.26%

Too early to call 45 26.01%

I don't know 6 3.47%

Total: 173

I hope EVERYONE here who either Wants Obama reelected or not, voted (if you were eligible).   If you did not you have no right to an opinion on politics.

You have no right to try to withhold anyone's right to speak their mind on this or any subject.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Kasz216 said:
badgenome said:
Nik24 said:

And most importantly the economy is recovering and just in may 400.000 new jobs were created.

Like me!

Which I'm at lunch.  Why the hell the government thinks it's a good idea to conduct census questionaires in Nevada... in the freaking summer i'll never know.

Oddly they keep hiring people despite their not being enough work for everybody that is already hired.

It's not so odd if you understand that this is their idea of job creation.

Wow lame, everything I just wrote didn't show up because of this broken forum.

Okay well in summary, bipartisan jobs bill, bipartisan food saftey bill, bipartisan fuel economy efforts, healthcare is modeled after republican ideals and the same measures were not only pushed by Romney but conservative foundations since the 1990s.  The stimulus bill was written by Bush and Obama passed it,  and all of Obama's Education policies are republican ideals.

God I had like three paragraphs, maybe I'll go into more detail again but screw the site redesign man.

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:

I can see russia from my house! Yeah Obama will be president for a while...

That was Tina Fey. Palin said you could see Russia from Alaska, which is true.

Also, Palin is not confirmed as the Republican nominee yet, and I doubt she will if the GOP knows what they are doing.

I actually like Palin, but I know for a fact she would lose, so for that I would not want her to run.

badgenome said:
Armads said:

He did a lot to bring bipartisanship to the table, but republicans were having none of it.  It's not his fault, bipartisanship doesn't mean just giving the other party everything they want without putting up a fuss.  Obama gave a lot of concessions to republicans at first but they still did nothing for him so he dropped it altogether.

Your alternate universe sounds cool.

Obama has, on more than one occasion, tried to end a debate with a Republican by saying, "HURRRR STFU I WON ELECTION."

The idea of bipartisanship is NOT debating them.  It means coming together to deal with issues and reaching common solutions.   The fact people would bash Obama over what happened is because he has looked to attempt to do bipartisan and promised change.  Anyone ever bash the last president over not being bipartisan?  Of course not.  No one expected the last president to be bipartisan ANYTHING.   It was... either side with him, or you are wit the terrorists.  What I have seen is repeated efforts on the GOP side to derail this current administration.  They have NO interest in working with him, and do want to fail.  Places where Obama has gotten in trouble was where he attempted to reach out and do Republican policies, like agreeing to nuclear power and saying that more offshore drilling would be agreeable.  When it came to attempts at health care reform, there was NONE on the GOP side.  I am sorry, debate isn't the answer.  There is no debating stuff, and then winning, and the point won in the debate was what goes.  Try that with thre last administration.

richardhutnik said:

Anyone ever bash the last president over not being bipartisan?  Of course not.  No one expected the last president to be bipartisan ANYTHING.

What's funny is that Bush was fairly bipartisan, much moreso than Obama. Most major items of his agenda had substantial Democratic support, including both of his wars, the creation of the Department of Homeland Security, his attempt at an amnesty for illegals, No Child Left Behind, his pension and Medicare bills, and TARP.

Also, you're just flat out wrong that Republicans offered nothing on health care. Go look up Paul Ryan's plan, for instance.

badgenome said:
Kasz216 said:
badgenome said:
Nik24 said:

Like me!

It's not so odd if you understand that this is their idea of job creation.

Yeah, but a lot of the census jobs expire pretty soon anyawy.  So they're just going to go off the books sooner then later... I'd think anyway unless they recertify people to do... nothing.

badgenome said:
richardhutnik said:

Anyone ever bash the last president over not being bipartisan?  Of course not.  No one expected the last president to be bipartisan ANYTHING.

What's funny is that Bush was fairly bipartisan, much moreso than Obama. Most major items of his agenda had substantial Democratic support, including both of his wars, the creation of the Department of Homeland Security, his attempt at an amnesty for illegals, No Child Left Behind, his pension and Medicare bills, and TARP.

Also, you're just flat out wrong that Republicans offered nothing on health care. Go look up Paul Ryan's plan, for instance.

Not to mention his immigration plan basically was a democratic plan.  He just couldn't get any republican support.

The fact that the Healthcare "bipartisianship" was a crock could eaisly be seen in the fact that they didn't bother to actually talk to any Republicans until after the Bill had been written.

They wrote the thing then added on token things to claim bipartisianship.  Which is generally how Obama works.  Well, more the congress who has hijacked him.  I mean he's doing shit even he didn't want to do.