By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Others/EMEAA up!! (29th May 2010)

Good sales.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
EncodedNybble said:

LOL.  A game has to be out for X amount of time before it can be said to have "legs."  Where X is definitely greater than 2 weeks.

The whole point of a game having "legs," is that they sell decent numbers for a long period of time. This is how Just Dance is selling 3 million units despite a pretty week opening.

Since legs implies a long period of time, then 2 weeks (more like 2 days and a week) would not constitue "legs,legs,legs." Remember, games that have legs are long term games, so we have to wait for the long term.

I actually said it because you're not exactly known to pedestal Sony, and this very post proves that. Oh well, moot point either way. The bottomline (and the point) ModNation may not be the "flop" it was initially pegged as.

What? I don't pedestal Sony? What, you mean, put them on a pedestal. The reason I don't (or won't) is because they are doing bad. You are not successful when you have to cut the price by 50% and take 3 and a half years to make a profit.

There are three things that annoy me this generation

1. Nintendo, despite their success, is either ignored or doomed. Why else are these threads talk about PS3 and 360 games that may not last in the long term despite that New Super Mario Bros Wii and Just Dance are still selling (they were 11 and 12 this week).
  2. Everything Sony and Microsoft does is successful. I know people like these systems, but they will spin everything as a great success for Sony despite they are still in last and are losing to the Wii (if Sony's endevors are successes, then what do we call Nintendo's)
  3. The word "legs," is well over used. It's not just MNR. Any game will be deamed as having legs if it was in the top 10 charts for some time. Most games do not have legs.

All three happened in this thread. Also, and more importaintly, why is no one looking into Just Dance? I was told that third party games couldn't sell on the Wii and music games were declining, but here is a third party Wii game that just keeps on selling and it is a music game. I hope some smart members of VGChartz would look into this.

very low sales for Blur.

I hope it does better in the US or it's definitly going to perform bellow Activision's expectations ( especially seeing the amount of commercials you see for the game during NBA playoffs..)

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

3D Dot Game Heroes - 2,486

I am guessing they don't stock many SouthPeak Games titles either?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

360 is dying in others

Alan wake  Flop of the year  lol

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Rockyb said:

360 is dying in others

Nah, it hasn't flopped at this point. It'll likely have legs too.

only if they bundle it...and yes it flopped

Boutros said:
Lafiel said:
Boutros said:
SCEA said:

What does EMEAA mean?

Ouch at 360 sales....

Europe, Middle East, Asia and Africa

then it should be "EMEAAA" , for Australia is included in it as well

Bah. Asia, Australia. It's all the same :P

I don't consider myself Asian. Since Australia isn't part of asia directly. They could add in an O for Oceania or another A for Australasia. Or hell if I was really arrogant I would just put another A for Australia alone, since we're considered a continent in most circles...

Leaving out mine and my fellow NZ'ers makerts makes me a sad person :(

Neuromotor said:
CGI-Quality said:
Rockyb said:

360 is dying in others

Nah, it hasn't flopped at this point. It'll likely have legs too.

only if they bundle it...and yes it flopped

reason

Unless its develops some great legs in others I think its easy enough to say thats its flopped there. However the sales of Alan Wake in Na are far stronger (still not amazing however). I think overall Alan Wake hasn't flopped, but it certainly is performing below expectations (though us internet gamers are an excitable bunch and our expectations aren't really that valid).

Smashchu2 said:
EncodedNybble said:

LOL.  A game has to be out for X amount of time before it can be said to have "legs."  Where X is definitely greater than 2 weeks.

The whole point of a game having "legs," is that they sell decent numbers for a long period of time. This is how Just Dance is selling 3 million units despite a pretty week opening.

Since legs implies a long period of time, then 2 weeks (more like 2 days and a week) would not constitue "legs,legs,legs." Remember, games that have legs are long term games, so we have to wait for the long term.

I actually said it because you're not exactly known to pedestal Sony, and this very post proves that. Oh well, moot point either way. The bottomline (and the point) ModNation may not be the "flop" it was initially pegged as.

What? I don't pedestal Sony? What, you mean, put them on a pedestal. The reason I don't (or won't) is because they are doing bad. You are not successful when you have to cut the price by 50% and take 3 and a half years to make a profit.

There are three things that annoy me this generation

• Nintendo, despite their success, is either ignored or doomed. Why else are these threads talk about PS3 and 360 games that may not last in the long term despite that New Super Mario Bros Wii and Just Dance are still selling (they were 11 and 12 this week).
  • Everything Sony and Microsoft does is successful. I know people like these systems, but they will spin everything as a great success for Sony despite they are still in last and are losing to the Wii (if Sony's endevors are successes, then what do we call Nintendo's)
  • The word "legs," is well over used. It's not just MNR. Any game will be deamed as having legs if it was in the top 10 charts for some time. Most games do not have legs.
  • All three happened in this thread. Also, and more importaintly, why is no one looking into Just Dance? I was told that third party games couldn't sell on the Wii and music games were declining, but here is a third party Wii game that just keeps on selling and it is a music game. I hope some smart members of VGChartz would look into this.

This man speaks the truth.