By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - L.A Noire now on 360. How long for The Agent?

pinkyxyz said:

This gen has turned changed from "ps3 has no games" to "which ps3 exclusive can we get next". If you really have to ask a question like that, then you should already know which console you need to get.

This my friend is not the case and you know it. It's in a latest 360 mag. So I asked who thinks it's true? No harm done.

And you know that loads of PS3 fans want 360 exclusives to in forums. So dont act like that. There was no need. Your final warning.

Around the Network

IRC, Sony invested 20 million $ (and it was not a loan...)for L.A. NOIRE

It seems that the project took too much delay and Sony had the right to step back and recover the money.

To avoid that, Rockstar project was to give Sony an exclusive zombie game but it was canned (too much competition, LFD etc...).

So, to settle the things,  they gave Agent to Sony.

Not sure of the whole deal (we'll never know exactly) but I think it's not far from reality. 

Furthermore, Sony would never took the risk to anounce themselves a title as an exclusive during their own conference last year if there wasn't a true deal going on

dsister said:
Dallinor said:
dsister said:

I would like a link to any of this please

As far as I know GTAIV being exchanged for Agent is just rumour. But Sony definitely had a long term deal with Rockstar since the start of this gen, Jack Tretton mentioned how they were dissapointed Rockstar hadn't anything to show for them yet after making the deal years ago, at the last E3.

About LA Noire being funded by Sony, that is certainly true:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/i_teambondi

Kristan Reed: How are you funding the project? Has SCEA given you an advance or is this self-funded and totally independent?

Brendan McNamara: The project is wholly funded by Sony Computer Entertainment America. We have a long-term exclusive arrangement with SCEA.

yes, I know that LA Noire was being funded by Sony, but from what i heard Team Bondi left Sony.

The other way around or so the rumors go. Apparently Team Bondi were missing deadlines so Sony pulled the funding.

If the other rumors are true, the development thus far of L.A Noire has been a nightmare, with a number of devs leaving the studio because of it.

Sweep said:

Furthermore, Sony would never took the risk to anounce themselves a title as an exclusive during their own conference last year if there wasn't a true deal going on

I believe they announced FF XIV as exclusive last year, and that may well come to the 360.

It wouldn't surprise me if Agent came to the 360, simply for the fact that Rockstar have left nothing exclusive to the HD consoles this gen. Due to the complicated nature of the agreement Sony may have more rights to the game then a simple timed exclusive agreement so it could end up like another MGS4 scenario. But I'm inclined to believe it will come to the 360.

Around the Network
Dallinor said:
Sweep said:

I believe they announced FF XIV as exclusive last year, and that may well come to the 360.

It wouldn't surprise me if Agent came to the 360, simply for the fact that Rockstar have left nothing exclusive to the HD consoles this gen. Due to the complicated nature of the agreement Sony may have more rights to the game then a simple timed exclusive agreement so it could end up like another MGS4 scenario. But I'm inclined to believe it will come to the 360.

Devil May Cry 4 was also announced as a PS3 exclusive as was L.A Noire. And Assasins Creed. But then M$ have done the same so.

selnor said:
pinkyxyz said:

This gen has turned changed from "ps3 has no games" to "which ps3 exclusive can we get next". If you really have to ask a question like that, then you should already know which console you need to get.

This my friend is not the case and you know it. It's in a latest 360 mag. So I asked who thinks it's true? No harm done.

And you know that loads of PS3 fans want 360 exclusives to in forums. So dont act like that. There was no need. Your final warning.

Only reason PS3 fans started saying "we want this and that 360 exclusive"....is because 360 fans have been doing it this entire gen so far! You want to know why "PS3 has no games" started? It's because 360 kept getting PS3 exclusives. 

This may very well be something for a 360 mag, but don't act like what he said isn't true. Everytime the mere thought of a PS3 exclusive comes up..."you cant ignore (insert amount) 360 userbase, you're passing on free $$$". PS3 fans wanting 360 exclusives is only something I like to call retalitorial irony. Check any forum and you won't see any PS3 fans asking for Gears of War back in 2007...but when Capcom made DMC4 multiplatform, the only games targeted were Dead Rising and Lost Planet. When Assassin's Creed went multiplat, PS3 fans asked for Splinter Cell. Etc. Now it's become customary for PS3 exclusives to go multiplatform, so now it's only a matter of: where's the equal treatment, developers?

SONY signed an exclusive deal with Team Bondi back in 2002/3 for LA Noire. The rumor as to why it's multiplat now is that SONY had invested over 20M$ in the project but Team Bondi wasn't producing decent results. The Agent is supposedly reparations for the money SONY had invested.

4 ≈ One

BMaker11 said:
selnor said:
pinkyxyz said:

Only reason PS3 fans started saying "we want this and that 360 exclusive"....is because 360 fans have been doing it this entire gen so far! You want to know why "PS3 has no games" started? It's because 360 kept getting PS3 exclusives. 

This may very well be something for a 360 mag, but don't act like what he said isn't true. Everytime the mere thought of a PS3 exclusive comes up..."you cant ignore (insert amount) 360 userbase, you're passing on free $$$". PS3 fans wanting 360 exclusives is only something I like to call retalitorial irony. Check any forum and you won't see any PS3 fans asking for Gears of War back in 2007...but when Capcom made DMC4 exclusive, the only games targeted were Dead Rising and Lost Planet. When Assassin's Creed went multiplat, PS3 fans asked for Splinter Cell. Etc. Now it's become customary for PS3 exclusives to go multiplatform, so now it's only a matter of: where's the equal treatment, developers?

Sad part is, 360 owners do it for every game that isn't 100% clearly tied to SONY. Just look at Demon's Souls after it launched. Half the staff behind development was from SCEJ yet there were still a load of 360 fans asking if it would come to 360...

4 ≈ One

BMaker11 said:
selnor said:
pinkyxyz said:

This may very well be something for a 360 mag, but don't act like what he said isn't true. Everytime the mere thought of a PS3 exclusive comes up..."you cant ignore (insert amount) 360 userbase, you're passing on free $$$". PS3 fans wanting 360 exclusives is only something I like to call retalitorial irony. Check any forum and you won't see any PS3 fans asking for Gears of War back in 2007...but when Capcom made DMC4 multiplatform, the only games targeted were Dead Rising and Lost Planet. When Assassin's Creed went multiplat, PS3 fans asked for Splinter Cell. Etc. Now it's become customary for PS3 exclusives to go multiplatform, so now it's only a matter of: where's the equal treatment, developers?

I wasnt making any implication of any fanbase. I pointed out that both sides do it. But my point was that there is no need for that in this thread. Period.