By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Don't play those games with me, I won't give this up. You know what I meant, and don't try to spin it my friend.

We are supporting the the troops in wartime by funding the war they are fighting, ESPECIALLY if we are winning.

When we are not at war, the job is supposedly to secure America. I say "supposedly" because past Presidents have used them for other things that securing America. Such as Sending them to Somalia, and then after we lose a few pull them out as quick as we went in. Should we have gone into Somalia under Clinton #1? I don't know. Not that I can change any fact now. No one can. So since we are already in Iraq AND Afghanistan we must support the troops until those countries can secure themselves against infiltrating Terrorists. If that means a U.S. Friendly/Neutral Dictatorship in regions where personal liberty has never been known, then so be it.

I prefer people to choose freedom, but when people are not ready for it (most Islamic Countries) then we cannot force it on them. The Iraqi people have chosen freedom, it would seem. They are joining the side of the Allied Forces. They are rejecting the extreme view of the Koran (Read "literal interpretation").

We, the American People, will support the troops in Peace-time and war-time. The Troops duty is to protect America. By fighting this War on Islamofascism in Iraq and Afghanistan, they are keeping the front of the war off the soil of America. Thus they are protecting America.

I want my WHOLE paycheck! I support the Fair Tax!

http://www.fairtax.org/

Around the Network

They are fighting for America, and they deserve way more than anyone could ever give them.  But there is nothing more disgusting... yes disgusting... than to suggest that if you don't support our continued involvement in Iraq, you don't support the troops.  Ron paul wants all the troops home, and he gets more donations from the military (Every branch), than any other candidate. 

If you truly believe we must continue our presence in Iraq to support our troops... Then you are a lost cause, and I will have to agree to disagree with you.

I will agree to disagree as well, but I do not believe we can simply leave without repercussions. I am not willing to lay those results if we pull out at the feet of America. We simply must finish what we started.

Supporting troops at fighting a war DOES NOT MEAN SUPPORTING THE WAR in the first place. I can give you money and support to fight but that does not mean I have to support the fight in the first place.

Also anyone who says that the US didn't meddle with the region first is either deillusional or doesn't know their history very well. More than 20 years before 9/11 the seeds of sticking your hands where they dont belong was planted. Look up the Iraq/Iran and Afghan/Russia wars.

As far as the whole finiacial situation in the states, I have to say you guys are quite screwed. The Federal Reserve system is your biggest downfall. Basically all money in the US is created and given out by the FRS and LOANED to the government at INTEREST, that means all money in the US has a debt attached before anyone gets it, and since the FRS is the only one who can issue money which is used to pay the dept to the FRS it means the country can NEVER get out of debt. Want proof look up charts of your national debt, it has been on a sharp increase since the creation of the FRS in the early 1900's.

/sigh

Kamekazai, if you give money to support the fight, then you support the fight. If you ideologically disagree with the fight, yet still give you are not being honest with yourself.

Around the Network
Eomund said:
The people who are attacking these honorable heroes are the LIBERAL MEDIA and the ANTI-WAR LEFT! They have the bigger mouth-piece to the people of America. The New Media has supported the troops and the Drive-by Media cuts them down. The far-leftists have always derided the troops and they always seem to make their message heard on the media... Imagine that. The troops feel depressed and are leaving when they attacked from those who should be supporting them. They are in the highest stress job in the world. We need to treat our heroes with great respect and honor. Sadly we don't, and what is the result of this? Lower recruitment for our armed forces. Who can blame them!? If you are in the highest stress job in the world and get no love or respect for that job, in which they are the best in the world,why would that bring floods of people to sign up for the military? It wouldn't. The liberal media only hurts the military.

Eomund said:
But the Democrats are withholding money from the War effort in Iraq! How can anyone not support the War but support the Troops? The job of the troops is being a soldier. Soldiers fight wars. If you do not support what the troops are doing, you are not supporting the troops.

While I would consider that the phrase "Support the Troops" heavily used, even over used, it is simply the best way to put it. If you are not sending money to provide the equipment the troops use, you are not supporting the Troops. The Dems in Congress are trying to do just that, cut the funding out from underneath the troops.

The Dems are trying to force a withdrawal from a successful initiative in Iraq. They are trying to do so by forcing the President to sign the funding bill that includes a requirement to withdrawal the troops on a time line. This is like trying to play a ball game (any sport really) and near the end of the game your coach starts pulling players from the field/court/etc. without replacing them and still hopes to win the game. IT WON'T WORK!

This isn't the Vietnam War. Nobody is spitting on the troops. Stop claiming otherwise. Then maybe we can get around to the other places you're wrong.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

true, but maybe a person is under this train of though.

"I disagree with the war and don't believe it just or that we should be there, but while we are there I will give you the money nesscessary to maintain/defend and survive" a stretch forsure but possible.

Though I think what the US needs most is the abolishment of the Federal Reserve System as it basically screw the country where the sun dont shine.

Eomund said:
/sigh

Kamekazai, if you give money to support the fight, then you support the fight. If you ideologically disagree with the fight, yet still give you are not being honest with yourself.

So because you pay your taxes, you support Medicare, Social Security, etc.?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Eomund said:
/sigh

Well if you're so concerned with being honest, then let's drop this "support the troops" BS shall we? Either you're for the war or against the war, and being against the war doesn't mean being against the troops in any way, shape, or form.

kamekazai said:
true, but maybe a person is under this train of though.

"I disagree with the war and don't believe it just or that we should be there, but while we are there I will give you the money nesscessary to maintain/defend and survive" a stretch forsure but possible.

Though I think what the US needs most is the abolishment of the Federal Reserve System as it basically screw the country where the sun dont shine.

It's not a stretch. We want the troops out but that doesn't mean that we want to stop sending them food.